Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 581162 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #4050 on: July 24, 2021, 08:12:00 PM »
What the fuckinshit why is he on the prednisone? @ShayP

@KSM I'm on Prednisone due to back issues. Disc problems, microfractures, inflammation, etc.   I've been on this regimen several different times in my life and it really affects me in a negative manner.

When the doctor prescribed it to me I knew what was to come.  Nothing good happens when ShayP is on the 'roids.  I really should not be around people or food for the next 5 days.  I know I won't sleep much either.  I feel 10 feet tall right now and am hungry (again) and agitated.   :(

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4051 on: July 24, 2021, 11:20:57 PM »
@KSM I'm on Prednisone due to back issues. Disc problems, microfractures, inflammation, etc.   I've been on this regimen several different times in my life and it really affects me in a negative manner.

When the doctor prescribed it to me I knew what was to come.  Nothing good happens when ShayP is on the 'roids.  I really should not be around people or food for the next 5 days.  I know I won't sleep much either.  I feel 10 feet tall right now and am hungry (again) and agitated.   :(

Could you break open some capsules and mix it in to make some cookies to send them to Falkie?  Him having 'roid rage would be fucking hilarious.
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4052 on: July 25, 2021, 05:54:25 AM »
Could you break open some capsules and mix it in to make some cookies to send them to Falkie?  Him having 'roid rage would be fucking hilarious.

LOL!!! Falkie on 'rod rage is funny.  He'd also be stuffing his face and end up like Mr. Creosote from Monty Python's Meaning of Life.  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4053 on: July 25, 2021, 06:40:08 AM »
LOL!!! Falkie on 'roid rage is funny.  He'd also be stuffing his face and end up like Mr. Creosote from Monty Python's Meaning of Life.  ;D

*edit

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4054 on: July 26, 2021, 08:28:08 PM »
Okay.  Three more days to reduce the steroid cycle.  I've been here before but this is the worst.  I can't feel my pulse.  I want to eat EVERYTHING.  I want to go on a killing spree.  I'm avoiding people.  My skin itches.  If I weren't such a fat fuck I'd run 7 miles to downtown for no reason whatsoever.  Only to run back.

I have taken steroids before but never did I have the reactions I'm dealing with now.  I think I'll call my doctor tomorrow.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4055 on: July 26, 2021, 08:54:36 PM »
Okay.  Three more days to reduce the steroid cycle.  I've been here before but this is the worst.  I can't feel my pulse.  I want to eat EVERYTHING.  I want to go on a killing spree.  I'm avoiding people.  My skin itches.  If I weren't such a fat fuck I'd run 7 miles to downtown for no reason whatsoever.  Only to run back.

I have taken steroids before but never did I have the reactions I'm dealing with now.  I think I'll call my doctor tomorrow.
Don't go charging a $70 monthly membership to anything!
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4056 on: July 27, 2021, 04:16:50 AM »
Don't go charging a $70 monthly membership to anything!

LOL!  I won't.   ;)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4057 on: July 27, 2021, 05:13:58 AM »
When I’m on prednisone I go on the Jake Blues diet - four fried chickens and a small coke.
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4058 on: July 27, 2021, 05:18:57 AM »

Two words - ROUGH SEX WITH THE HOMELESS.

Don't go counting my words.
That's a dick move, man.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4059 on: July 27, 2021, 06:18:55 AM »

Did you call your doctor @ShayP ?
Please don't start calling Uber Eats.  ;)
Don't follow Bart's advice.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/prednisone-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20075269

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4060 on: July 27, 2021, 11:54:58 AM »

That's a dick move, man.

Ugh, math again.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #4061 on: August 03, 2021, 09:36:40 PM »

That's a dick move, man.
LOL. This made me laugh, I'm sick. I know it now, there's no way around it.  :-[
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4062 on: August 03, 2021, 09:46:50 PM »

All these steroids. You're muscles must be UUuuuuuge!!!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4063 on: August 05, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »
Dude spotted a Tennessee sky demon on a webcam

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #4064 on: August 07, 2021, 01:02:07 PM »
It’s been a long year since I started working on my tipi grounds in the woods. I had a vision that I was going to build a place in my woods to host Native American healing ceremonies. Originally my plan was to just plan one for April 8, 2024 when we will have a total eclipse of the sun and my woods will be in the middle of it. Well not exactly the middle but still within the totality zone. I had the realization that if I didn’t plan something much sooner I would be much too old to work on it as 2024 approached. I was 64 at the time. In 2024 I will turn 69.

I started one year ago. I hadn’t held an axe or a chainsaw in at least 5 years. I began getting myself in shape and used to working in the Texas heat by splitting 5’ long oak logs to have the wood we would need for the fireplace in the first tipi. It was very slow going at first but I kept at it. Then I found where it just felt right to build my tipi pad. Trouble was it had about 35 oak and Cedar trees standing there. It took me about 5 months to cut down all the trees, trim and burn the slash and haul the best logs to a sawmill to get lumber for shelves, furniture and a deck. I have enough cedar deck boards to build a 14’x24’ deck.

A Navajo elder in New Mexico sewed my tipi cover. I got my 30’ long tipi poles from Wisconsin. I picked up my tipi in March on my drive back from a ski trip in Colorado. I have been anxious about seeing the tipi standing in its rightful spot. During the week I mentioned that I wanted to put it up to check it out while talking to a neighbor. He and his wife volunteered to help me. They worked hard. I rewarded them with a dozen fresh homemade tamales.

I still have a lot of work to do in order to ready to host the first ceremony this October but I have new joy in my heart and spirit seeing the tipi all set up.

I am leaving it up for a few days because it is a good place to sit and meditate about what else needs to be done to be ready.
Are we having fun yet?