Author Topic: 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading  (Read 277227 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: 2020 CoronaVirus Outbreak - That began in Wuhan, China and is spreading
« Reply #165 on: February 25, 2020, 04:34:09 PM »
Cool information on the roses there, Sofia.
Yeah, and a really good rose cut diagonally can hold its head for 2 weeks.

You can't tell the quality from the price, either!

Here's 3 easy tips to discern a good florist:
https://www.bluegraygal.com/buckhead-flowers/

When ordering funeral flowers, even from a reputable florist, if your order is small, I suggest picking them up and delivering them oneself if at all possible.  It just seems that florists don't act very accountable for bereavement flowers IF they suspect the sender is out of town or won't be paying attention amid everyone else's flower contributions at the church or graveyard.  But if the designer knows you will see the goods up close...

Nothing against FTD or Telefloral, but from my experience years ago, nothing says you can't Google an out of area florist and arrange delivery on their local level.  The fact that you are not local will come up during the debit or credit transaction I think, but you won't fare any worse than otherwise, plus the florist might tell you what they have which is fresh, as opposed to trying to fill a cookie-cutter national order with what they actually have on hand in their shop.

When I was a teen, I cried and cried because I let a guy buy me a cheap grocery store bouquet.  He's still single 30 years later... But anyhow, nowadays, at least out west, the quality of store bought flowers is often fine, especially the ones in vases, meaning a trained designer arranged them.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #166 on: February 26, 2020, 08:00:27 AM »
A second outbreak of #WuhanCoronavirus in China @Walks_At_Night ?

https://twitter.com/WBYeats1865/status/1232623082306564096

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #167 on: February 26, 2020, 09:27:12 AM »

From what I heard [take with a grain of salt], for a business owner to re-open in China, they must provide each employee two masks per day and if an employee becomes sick, the business owner must cover the costs of the resulting quarantine for those effected employees.   Guess that factory is rolling the bones..................

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2020, 06:38:14 AM »
From what I heard [take with a grain of salt], for a business owner to re-open in China, they must provide each employee two masks per day and if an employee becomes sick, the business owner must cover the costs of the resulting quarantine for those effected employees.   Guess that factory is rolling the bones..................

Rolling the bones. Well we have good news from North Korea.

https://twitter.com/FuBo19562152/status/1232661930302722048

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2020, 09:21:26 AM »
Rolling the bones. Well we have good news from North Korea.

twitter.com/FuBo

Fu  Bo?  Is that Korean for Fubar?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2020, 09:57:19 AM »
Here's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on VP Mike Pence being named administration point man on the Corona virus:

"He is not a medical doctor. He is not a health expert. He is not qualified nor positioned in any way to protect our public health"

Oh, the irony

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2020, 10:05:11 AM »
Here's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on VP Mike Pence being named administration point man on the Corona virus:

"He is not a medical doctor. He is not a health expert. He is not qualified nor positioned in any way to protect our public health"

Oh, the irony
Yeah, a lot of people are reacting as if Pence is going to be in a lab creating a treatment/ vaccine himself.  I don't think they understand delegation.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2020, 10:05:33 AM »
My dentist told me yesterday that they were limited in how many of those paper jackets they can buy because of the coronavirus. He said they dug out the cloth ones Remaining from the 80s and they’ve gone back to washing and drying them.
Merry Christmas

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2020, 12:38:18 PM »
My dentist told me yesterday that they were limited in how many of those paper jackets they can buy because of the coronavirus. He said they dug out the cloth ones Remaining from the 80s and they’ve gone back to washing and drying them.

Some times you have to fall back to older solutions to issues.   The PRC is going old school on the locust plague:

https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1230080286936879104

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2020, 03:14:18 PM »

I had a routine blood draw a couple weeks back and the first thing out of the lab tech's mouth was have I just returned from China?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2020, 05:00:36 PM »
I had a routine blood draw a couple weeks back and the first thing out of the lab tech's mouth was have I just returned from China?

Have you?

NO!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2020, 05:14:27 PM »
Have you?

NO!

Have you?

Why yes.  Just got in last night on Wuhan Air, Flight 101 direct.    Hack,  Hack. Coof!  Coof! 

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2020, 05:47:07 PM »

it would be interesting to see if China can save their economy and any national economy that relies on China's goods. time for the Chinese working class to shine. If they pull it off, they will be among China's national heroes forever.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

.....just a passing thought.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2020, 08:16:08 PM »
Oh, the irony

Maybe we can have Milton Keynes do it