Author Topic: Ellgab is all in! The Poker Thread  (Read 1672 times)

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
Ellgab is all in! The Poker Thread
« on: July 15, 2018, 04:19:42 PM »
Great finish to the 2018 WSOP in Las Vegas, NV. Heads up at the final table took about 10 hours. My DVR shut off at 5am. The tournament ended around 5:30am. Found the final hand on YouTube and it was a beast. The winner took home $8.8 million. I won’t give away the winner here as to not spoil it. But his play was outstanding.

Link:https://youtu.be/8yDuOwJzq6g

trostol

• KIDD
Re: Ellgab is all in! The Poker Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 01:31:53 PM »
used to watch it...then it got like..too big and i got tired of it

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »
I lived in vegas and was in binions after the owners girlfriend and her lover killed him and looted the silver vault.
A couple of employees knew her and were chatting and said she would walk in two years. I thought no way they got her cold.
Two years later my jaw dropped when I heard her sentence was quietly overturned..

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 10:36:01 AM »
Great finish to the 2018 WSOP in Las Vegas, NV. Heads up at the final table took about 10 hours. My DVR shut off at 5am. The tournament ended around 5:30am. Found the final hand on YouTube and it was a beast. The winner took home $8.8 million. I won’t give away the winner here as to not spoil it. But his play was outstanding.

Link:https://youtu.be/8yDuOwJzq6g

2 months late to the thread but...

I really enjoyed the coverage of this year's WSOP as well. There was also live coverage of some other WSOP events on the Twitch platform.
Overall it was really well done and the banter between Norm and Lon is always fun.

Like yourself my recording sort of got messed up. But it was due to the sports network (TSN - here in Canada and their 5 channels - TSN1, TSN2 etc) switching their coverage to another one of their channels while the Final table was still occurring. So folks who were recording that one channel got royally screwed over if they weren't watching it live or made aware of the change somehow.
Luckily I was watching what I was recording and was only about 45 mins behind the live broadcast so I managed to be aware of the channel change and see the end of the tourney.

Out of the two players left heads-up I am glad that person won it.
The other guy sort of got on my nerves with, what I perceived as, a false over the top Mr. Nice Guy attitude... bleh.

I was totally rooting for Joe Cada. He was a beast this summer.