Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 807126 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1200 on: September 06, 2019, 07:53:16 PM »
@KSM your offer sounds inviting. Unfortunately I have 10 more days of Thailand to suffer through.

Of the places I've been, Thailand is my favorite - by far.  The land of smiles. 

What parts are you visiting this trip?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1201 on: September 06, 2019, 08:11:34 PM »
Of the places I've been, Thailand is my favorite - by far.  The land of smiles. 

What parts are you visiting this trip?

I’m in Ko Phangan right now. Been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Rayong, Samet, Phuket, Patong, Samui, Uttaradit, Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Laos to reset my visa, Loei, Chiang Mai, Pai, Chiang Rai and probably a few other places I forgot. Headed back to Bangkok tomorrow, then a 3 day tour to Angkor Wat in Cambodia, back up north for a few days and then I head back out of Bangkok on the 17th. Magical holiday so far.
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1202 on: September 06, 2019, 08:36:01 PM »
I’m in Ko Phangan right now. Been to Bangkok, Pattaya, Rayong, Samet, Phuket, Patong, Samui, Uttaradit, Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Laos to reset my visa, Loei, Chiang Mai, Pai, Chiang Rai and probably a few other places I forgot. Headed back to Bangkok tomorrow, then a 3 day tour to Angkor Wat in Cambodia, back up north for a few days and then I head back out of Bangkok on the 17th. Magical holiday so far.

Dang, that's a nice trip - haha, yeah the 30 day visa run.  Angkor is fantastic - you'll need a car and guide to see and learn as much as possible in the 3 days (or perhaps just a bike and a book).

If you like ruins the ones I liked with some size to them were Sukhothai (and nearby Si Satchanalai, which has far fewer tourists), and Ayutthaya for a day trip (50 mi north of BKK)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1203 on: September 06, 2019, 08:42:49 PM »
Dang, that's a nice trip - haha, yeah the 30 day visa run.  Angkor is fantastic - you'll need a car and guide to see and learn as much as possible in the 3 days (or perhaps just a bike and a book).

If you like ruins the ones I liked were Sukhothai (and nearby Si Satchanalai, which has far fewer tourists), and Ayutthaya for a day trip (50 mi north of BKK)

Thanks.  Having a Thai friend that has acted as my personal guide as been great. Her nephew drives a cab in Bangkok so he was our personal driver for the first week. She is from Loei and we used her pickup truck to drive around up north. It is parked at Udon Thani so we have to get back there sometime.

I found a 3 day van tour that will take 4 of us.  Friend, her sister and a friend. To Angkor Wat so we will have our own driver. Almost all inclusive- even includes a hot air balloon ride. Keeping the Thai women interested in ancient ruins is slightly more than a challenge. They want to find something to eat. Constantly.

http://www.cambodiatourcenter.com/tour-details.php?code=CA3#2
Are we having fun yet?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1204 on: September 06, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »
... Keeping the Thai women interested in ancient ruins is slightly more than a challenge. They want to find something to eat. Constantly...

Don't I know it...

... I found a 3 day van tour that will take 4 of us.  Friend, her sister and a friend. To Angkor Wat so we will have our own driver. Almost all inclusive- even includes a hot air balloon ride...
http://www.cambodiatourcenter.com/tour-details.php?code=CA3#2

That looks like a really good trip - from what I understand that used to be a 14 hour slog standing up in the back of a truck with the other hapless tourists.  And just happy the road was passible that day

I'd like to go back to Cambodia sometime and see more of it

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #1205 on: September 09, 2019, 11:56:04 PM »
would a modern day Prophet speak in some Holy Glory Truth King James lingo or the language of memes?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1206 on: September 10, 2019, 09:27:35 AM »
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1207 on: September 10, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »
would a modern day Prophet speak in some Holy Glory Truth King James lingo or the language of memes?

How did they get that paper to stick to the brick wall? That's odd. And BTW her sleeves are too long as if the jacket is oversized. A lot of disturbing things going on there.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1208 on: September 10, 2019, 06:03:37 PM »
Tonight I overheard a woman at the table next to us say to her lady friends that she didn't believe in shock collars for misbehaving dogs but quickly went on to say that she was in favor of shock collars for husbands. She didn't giggle after she said it and I think it scared me.. creepy. She's a mean, mean woman.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1209 on: September 16, 2019, 07:28:39 PM »
This is more a random stupid complaint/whine. My phone is messing up. Big time. It drops calls. When I use speakerphone I can hear the other person but she can't hear me. Ok Google ignores me. The screen freezes. Too many other weird things. What makes all of this worse is all of these problems are intermittent. I had to scrounge around and find an old phone. The only one I could find was my last unsmart phone

I have had this phone for maybe 4 months. I'm already constantly dealing with Evil Alexa on my Fire. Now this. Why am I cursed with electronic qi? Why can't I have nice things? That work?

What is the lesson here? WHY ME???????

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1210 on: September 16, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »
This is more a random stupid complaint/whine. My phone is messing up. Big time. It drops calls. When I use speakerphone I can hear the other person but she can't hear me. Ok Google ignores me. The screen freezes. Too many other weird things. What makes all of this worse is all of these problems are intermittent. I had to scrounge around and find an old phone. The only one I could find was my last unsmart phone

I have had this phone for maybe 4 months. I'm already constantly dealing with Evil Alexa on my Fire. Now this. I have the worst electronic qi. Why can't I have nice things? That work?

Gremlins!

OR

adjust the rabbit ears on the phone.

;D

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1211 on: September 16, 2019, 07:52:55 PM »

white peaches? oh my gosh those are yummy!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1212 on: September 16, 2019, 08:05:43 PM »
... I have had this phone for maybe 4 months. I'm already constantly dealing with Evil Alexa on my Fire.

Now this. Why am I cursed with electronic qi? Why can't I have nice things? That work...

Isn't qi positive energy? 

Have you tried acupuncture on it? 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1213 on: September 16, 2019, 08:30:32 PM »

@TigerLily "Do not place your faith in such trinkets of deception" - Dracula (Bram Stoker's) The Gary Oldman version.

Technology is EVIL and synthetic. I'd send us all back to the 70's when shit was real. Although I guess I'd need a diaper change :-\

Don't ignore me on this one. These devices are nothing more than distraction driven by a malevolent agenda. Don't be a sucker, you're better than that.  Too much? I don't care.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1214 on: September 16, 2019, 09:25:35 PM »
@TigerLily "Do not place your faith in such trinkets of deception" - Dracula (Bram Stoker's) The Gary Oldman version.

Technology is EVIL and synthetic. I'd send us all back to the 70's when shit was real. Although I guess I'd need a diaper change :-\

Don't ignore me on this one. These devices are nothing more than distraction driven by a malevolent agenda. Don't be a sucker, you're better than that.  Too much? I don't care.

@KSM  You had me at Bram Stoker's Dracula. I'm a sucker for vampires (get it? sucker?) and nobody played Dracula like Gary Oldman. I watch it at least every Halloween season

I believe you are right about technological toys. I'm just proud I resisted the Apple temptation (hmm. I'm on a roll tonight with the metaphors). I actually do resist new tech for awhile. I was the last of my friends to get a smartphone. I resisted until it became more of an inconvenience not having one. But I will continue my own little rebellion. Especially since Tech treats me so bad.

It is really sad to see everyone ignoring real people and life as they stare at their phones. Thanks for the pep talk
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville