Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 303079 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2019, 06:45:35 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2019, 09:10:31 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A game of inches  :o  That could have been very serious. The closet I have ever been to an errant puck was about 20 feet away in the stands. It had ricocheted a couple of times before going over the barrier taking away some of the energy but it still made a mean thud when it hit an empty seat.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2019, 06:00:34 PM »
Why can't anything just be about sports or the game? Why now do they make the players put rainbow tape on their sticks and have the announcers talk about BLTQI Pride and "game for all" or some crap? Even Obama's own CDC said that roughly 7% of the country "identified" as GLBT. Now that was a decade ago, and there could be some under-reporting, but even IF all the Hollywood propaganda and public education has worked since then it likely has approached even an appreciable minority in the total country's population. So why is every sport, movie, tv show, and school class all about the "pride,", inclusive, and BLTQIG stuff? Even if one ignored the social agenda or desire to stop bullying, or whatever they claim, as a business what is the purpose to promote a sport to an audience that is 1) small and 2) likely doesn't play and not interested in hockey (at least that much?)  If QBLTIs want to be seen as "normal," or whatever, and just "a part of society" than stop pushing your agenda and just enjoy sports without the politics or propaganda. Therein ends the rant.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #214 on: March 01, 2019, 05:52:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/GoalieGearNerd/status/1101213473663537152

If you feel nothing while watching this video then there is no hope for you.

LawnBoy

• KDWN
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2019, 01:40:32 PM »
A Great one Passes Today.... RIP Ted

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2019, 06:54:30 PM »
Frikking Blackhawks are going to make me root for them until the end of the season. Bastards.

Imagine if Crawford played his whole career in Montreal.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2019, 11:25:27 PM »
Frikking Blackhawks are going to make me root for them until the end of the season. Bastards.

Good Lord you gotta be kidding! Hawk fans are amongst the worst in the NHL. The only fans even more worthy of the toilet are Flames fans, Flyers fans, and Bruins fans.  Calgary has the most verbose, cocky bastard fans you'll ever have the displeasure of being around. Almost as bad as 2011 Canuck fans.

Vince Vaughn???? Good God!!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2019, 12:07:31 AM »
Good Lord you gotta be kidding! Hawk fans are amongst the worst in the NHL. The only fans even more worthy of the toilet are Flames fans, Flyers fans, and Bruins fans.  Calgary has the most verbose, cocky bastard fans you'll ever have the displeasure of being around. Almost as bad as 2011 Canuck fans.

Vince Vaughn???? Good God!!

Hawks fans that go to all the games are assholes. I could never afford to go. My mother was a legal secretary for a mob lawyer and took me to one game in Chicago Stadium the year before the expansion draft. I still have the program. Autographed by legends incuding Bobbie Hull, Glenn Hall, Pat Stapleton, Stan Mikita, Phil Esposito, Doug Jarrett and Eddie “Moose” Vasko. I can still remember looking over at me from up the ramp while she smoked a cigarette. Black high heels and stockings. Black dress. Pearls. A black mink jacket and Platinum Blonde hair done up at the beauty salon. She looked like a mob secretary from one of those cheap detective paperback.

I have been to a lot of games in the Montreal Forum in the last half of the 70’s. Those fans can get pretty obnoxious if you show up to the Stanley Cup playoffs wearing a Flyers jersey.

I got to finally see two Blackhawks games as an adult. A back to back series with St. Louis. One in the new United Center and one in St Louis 2 nights later. I can’t say I remember much about either set of fans other than they sure don’t dress up like they used to in order to get into Chicago Stadium. When I was a kid a man couldn’t get into the mezzanine without a suit and ties and a woman couldn’t get in unless she was in a dress/skirt and heels.
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2019, 12:13:39 AM »
p.s. someone gave me a Vince Vaughn game Jersey as a gift last December.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2019, 12:21:26 AM »
Hawks fans that go to all the games are assholes. I could never afford to go. My mother was a legal secretary for a mob lawyer and took me to one game in Chicago Stadium the year before the expansion draft. I still have the program. Autographed by legends incuding Bobbie Hull, Glenn Hall, Pat Stapleton, Stan Mikita, Phil Esposito, Doug Jarrett and Eddie “Moose” Vasko. I can still remember looking over at me from up the ramp while she smoked a cigarette. Black high heels and stockings. Black dress. Pearls. A black mink jacket and Platinum Blonde hair done up at the beauty salon. She looked like a mob secretary from one of those cheap detective paperback.

I have been to a lot of games in the Montreal Forum in the last half of the 70’s. Those fans can get pretty obnoxious if you show up to the Stanley Cup playoffs wearing a Flyers jersey.

I got to finally see two Blackhawks games as an adult. A back to back series with St. Louis. One in the new United Center and one in St Louis 2 nights later. I can’t say I remember much about either set of fans other than they sure don’t dress up like they used to in order to get into Chicago Stadium. When I was a kid a man couldn’t get into the mezzanine without a suit and ties and a woman couldn’t get in unless she was in a dress/skirt and heels.
Alright, fine. It is true that our own experiences are indeed OUR own. If you lived up here in western Canada you would know that sports fans from the beautiful LOOKING city of Calgary are deplorable. The Stampeders fans are even worse than the flames fans.

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head upstairs and try to make love to my wife. Foggy from the cigars and tipsy from the scotch.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2019, 12:25:33 AM »
Alright, fine. It is true that our own experiences are indeed OUR own. If you lived up here in western Canada you would know that sports fans from the beautiful LOOKING city of Calgary are deplorable. The Stampeders fans are even worse than the flames fans.

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head upstairs and try to make love to my wife. Foggy from the cigars and tipsy from the scotch.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tell her we said Hi.
Are we having fun yet?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2019, 05:47:15 AM »
Imagine if Crawford played his whole career in Montreal.

He would have been André Racicot

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »
Why even try, his arms are twice as long as yours....

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2019, 06:26:41 PM »
Are we having fun yet?