Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 284125 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1320 on: May 23, 2022, 10:16:11 AM »
I was listening to U7 the other night and they played a replay of the gabcast from I think November 2013 when Art Bell had quit SiriusXM. That surprised me they played something not in the C2C archives.  It’s a shame EmVee took down ufoship.com. I might have the old gabcasts in podcast form somewhere.

I liked the gabcast interview EmVee did with Art after he quit MitD. Thought it was well done.

If you want to discuss old Art Bell shows was any guest more wrong about predictions than Gordon Michael Scallion? Well besides Hogue, Hoagland, Dames and that dude that’s in prison for tax evasion. Or any of the hundred or so random “psychics” that called in for the annual predictions shows.
I have a bunch of Gabcast downloads (Art Bell related folder) I agree, MV did a great job with Art.  Gordon Michael Scallion is IMO the absolute worst of all regular guests Art had on.

@PB You have never listened to a c2c show recording, you say.  Do you think anyone who does needs professional help? I admit it; I am a full fledged nerd with those old shows.  I used to load my work phone up with classic episodes and do floors. I should point out that I was careful to make sure I was alone in the house as I was embarrassed to play them while the home owner was around. wouldn't want them to think I was a little... "off"

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1321 on: May 23, 2022, 10:33:32 AM »
... @PB You have never listened to a c2c show recording, you say.  Do you think anyone who does needs professional help?...

Not at all

...  I used to load my work phone up with classic episodes and do floors. I should point out that I was careful to make sure I was alone in the house as I was embarrassed to play them while the home owner was around. wouldn't want them to think I was a little... "off"

I've never been able to concentrate on my work with music or radio talk on.  I have to listen actively or not at all, and there's only so many hours in the day.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1322 on: May 23, 2022, 03:23:30 PM »

I've never been able to concentrate on my work with music or radio talk on.  I have to listen actively or not at all, and there's only so many hours in the day.
I guess some lines of work might be best tended to in silence. If I were a crane operator at 65 floors up I think I might prefer silence. What type of crane do you operate?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1323 on: May 23, 2022, 03:35:07 PM »
I guess some lines of work might be best tended to in silence. If I were a crane operator at 65 floors up I think I might prefer silence. What type of crane do you operate?
Speaking of cranes, an old little league teammate was a military crane operator...  Couldn't get licensed in California for some reason (probably a DUI or failing to pay child support...) In Vegas now, making the big bucks.

Safety first or forty-first?
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1324 on: May 23, 2022, 07:11:20 PM »
Speaking of cranes, an old little league teammate was a military crane operator...  Couldn't get licensed in California for some reason (probably a DUI or failing to pay child support...) In Vegas now, making the big bucks.

Safety first or forty-first?
I think all crane operators make the fairly big bucks. The guy I was referring to earlier made over 100 an hour back in 95.

Art operated a crane back in Okinawa, Kabira Bay.  I once , for a brief time knew a chick who had a really long neck..  NM

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1325 on: May 23, 2022, 08:30:06 PM »
I listen to old Art Bell shows on several different channels on TuneIn but there are some guests I just cannot tolerate. Jonathon Reed. David Adair. Any of the EVP shows. Vampires. Strieber. Ed Dames. Silvia Browne.

There are probably a couple of others. You would think that would wipe out listening most nights but not really. I can usually find a show to listen to by switching channels. I guess I have fallen asleep so many times listening live that it’s easy to doze off listening to replays. Every once in awhile I hear a show that I don’t remember hearing before. Those are the nuggets.

It’s amazing that I listen to these old shows and tolerate Art’s constant bitching about callers with cell phones   
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1326 on: May 23, 2022, 09:38:47 PM »
It’s amazing that I listen to these old shows and tolerate Art’s constant bitching about callers with cell phones

+1

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1327 on: May 24, 2022, 09:53:33 AM »
I listen to old Art Bell shows on several different channels on TuneIn but there are some guests I just cannot tolerate. Jonathon Reed. David Adair. Any of the EVP shows. Vampires. Strieber. Ed Dames. Silvia Browne.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1328 on: May 24, 2022, 10:40:09 AM »

I remember listening to Sylvia Browne of course with 20/20 hindsight and she was assuring listeners a lost little boy would be found and he would be "fine". Yeah if dead is fine. I remember he was found in a ditch naked. Even his death wasn't " fine". The nasty shamster. The one that to me always seemed to have the best track record was Sean David Morton. But he did generalized predictions on large issues. And he was the one that was indicted on some kind of fraud scheme. The most ridiculous one was "kill shot" guy. I can't even remember his name. I always wanted to yell at him, "Where's Art's gold?" He even scammed money out of Art. Ed Dames, that's it. He also moved from Hawaii to Ukraine because it would always be the safest place on the planet
Art's show was always best when you could suspend disbelief and just enjoy the ride. He was a great interviewer and storyteller
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1329 on: May 24, 2022, 11:07:35 AM »
I remember listening to Sylvia Browne of course with 20/20 hindsight and she was assuring listeners a lost little boy would be found and he would be "fine". Yeah if dead is fine. I remember he was found in a ditch naked. Even his death wasn't " fine". The nasty shamster. The one that to me always seemed to have the best track record was Sean David Morton. But he did generalized predictions on large issues. And he was the one that was indicted on some kind of fraud scheme. The most ridiculous one was "kill shot" guy. I can't even remember his name. I always wanted to yell at him, "Where's Art's gold?" He even scammed money out of Art. Ed Dames, that's it. He also moved from Hawaii to Ukraine because it would always be the safest place on the planet
Art's show was always best when you could suspend disbelief and just enjoy the ride. He was a great interviewer and storyteller
Lily, you want to yell at Ed Dames? I don't know why, but I always gave and still do give him a pass. Something about the smugness of his delivery makes me like the guy. I like Whitley too. His tales over the years became so outlandish as he almost outgrew aliens and was experiencing time slips and other phenomenon. 

I'm willing to bet that Dames no longer calls Ukraine home. For two reasons.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1330 on: May 24, 2022, 12:21:04 PM »
Major Ed Dames is the only one of Art's major regulars who still regularly appears with Noory ...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #1331 on: May 24, 2022, 01:09:26 PM »
I'M ALPHA AF

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1332 on: May 24, 2022, 01:42:47 PM »
Major Ed Dames is the only one of Art's major regulars who still regularly appears with Noory ...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Isn't he the one who Art dismissed a la Sylvia Browne and said "bring me the gold" or something of the sort?
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1333 on: May 24, 2022, 02:02:45 PM »
Isn't he the one who Art dismissed a la Sylvia Browne and said "bring me the gold" or something of the sort?
Nope, Art never got rid of Ed Dames - he kept having him on regularly as did Noory when he took over.
Dames I seem to recall did give coordinates for the buried gold, but nobody ever tried to retrieve it there?
And it was Noory that banned Sylvia Browne after the miner incident.

I do recall Art would always promote Dames and Morton by saying they have "more hits than a mafia don" ;)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1334 on: May 24, 2022, 02:34:22 PM »
Nope, Art never got rid of Ed Dames - he kept having him on regularly as did Noory when he took over.
Dames I seem to recall did give coordinates for the buried gold, but nobody ever tried to retrieve it there?
And it was Noory that banned Sylvia Browne after the miner incident.

I do recall Art would always promote Dames and Morton by saying they have "more hits than a mafia don" ;)

Dames told Art that he found the gold in the quantities he had conjured up in the RV session in the entire general location he had provided at those coordinates but that it was just sand and dust that had very slight concentration of gold dust mixed in. All you would need is a front end loader and a few dozen dump trucks.

There’s a higher concentration of gold in an old flip phone.
Are we having fun yet?