Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283906 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1350 on: May 25, 2022, 09:24:05 PM »
That would be cool if you did a podcast.  Yep, I'm wound tight as the tensile strength of a Dodge Ram front coil spring.  Oh the things that go through my mind.  It feels like I'm somewhere else and I have to snap out of it.  Anyhoo...

We could talk about anything, with an emphasis on how I fucking hate almost everything.  :D  You and @sean92008, and others, can talk about guitars while I sit there and bitch about it.  ;D

I can almost hear the intro. "From the great northwest, I bring you greetings and welcome to Human Waste of Time.  Before we begin, let me tell you about one of our sponsors.  RotoSound flat wound strings..."
No guitar talk. Just race relations and social engineering and such. White guilt and Art's 33rd degree mason status and women who's second toe is so much longer than the others that it hangs over the front of the sandal. Ed Dames new book, The Slaughtered Anus. You'll have a cooking segment. The intro will be a take on The Chase but with a full hard rock setup that features the sound of humping bed springs, a woman moaning in the throws of ecstasy - I'll provide that sound 8) - all in time with the beat. Also animal and fart sounds. And that high pitch sound that Godzilla makes. <<All this while @TigerLily reads Animal Farm out loud in the background. (I'll have to purchase a mic for her coz she's cheap)

Closing each show in prayer.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #1351 on: May 25, 2022, 09:48:26 PM »
No guitar talk. Just race relations and social engineering and such. White guilt and Art's 33rd degree mason status and women who's second toe is so much longer than the others that it hangs over the front of the sandal. Ed Dames new book, The Slaughtered Anus. You'll have a cooking segment. The intro will be a take on The Chase but with a full hard rock setup that features the sound of humping bed springs, a woman moaning in the throws of ecstasy - I'll provide that sound 8) - all in time with the beat. Also animal and fart sounds. And that high pitch sound that Godzilla makes. <<All this while @TigerLily reads Animal Farm out loud in the background. (I'll have to purchase a mic for her coz she's cheap)

LOL!  My laughter produced a snot bubble.  This is gold.  TigerLily reading Animal Farm.  Dude.  I'm envisioning this and it sure as hell made my night/early morning.  ;D

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1352 on: May 25, 2022, 09:52:26 PM »
That would be cool if you did a podcast.  Yep, I'm wound tight as the tensile strength of a Dodge Ram front coil spring.  Oh the things that go through my mind.  It feels like I'm somewhere else and I have to snap out of it.  Anyhoo...

We could talk about anything, with an emphasis on how I fucking hate almost everything.  :D  You and @sean92008, and others, can talk about guitars while I sit there and bitch about it.  ;D

I can almost hear the intro. "From the great northwest, I bring you greetings and welcome to Human Waste of Time.  Before we begin, let me tell you about one of our sponsors.  RotoSound flat wound strings..."

Scrotube... Prostcasting.
🙄🙄🙄🙄
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1353 on: May 25, 2022, 11:21:02 PM »
Oh, I am so in! But I want a nice mic. KSM 1000 Turbocharge. Preferably iridescent lavender. Just because I'm cheap doesn't mean I don't expect the best. I will bring my own copy of Animal Farm if I can find it. It's around here somewhere...
I'll even do the prayer. I know some cool chants and Invocations to the Goddess
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1354 on: May 26, 2022, 12:32:48 AM »
I'd like a segment focused on the appeasement of our cat overlords.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1355 on: May 26, 2022, 08:30:45 AM »
What will you call it?  The EllGabCast?  Maybe you can get MV as a guest.
Merry Christmas

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1356 on: May 26, 2022, 09:48:39 AM »
I'd like a segment focused on the appeasement of our cat overlords.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1357 on: May 26, 2022, 10:06:51 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visitors to my home will attest that I often address the fact that my three are in regular contact with the mothership.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1358 on: May 26, 2022, 10:30:07 AM »
What will you call it?  The EllGabCast? 
A Human Waste Of Time, with KSM.

Enough of that rubbish.  ::)
Anybody care to speculate on the change in Art's voice from 04 to 06? The stress of Ramonas passing brought on premature aging?  There is quite the difference and it's not because he's broadcasting from the Filipins in 06.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1359 on: May 26, 2022, 10:40:14 AM »
A Human Waste Of Time, with KSM.

Enough of that rubbish.  ::)
Anybody care to speculate on the change in Art's voice from 04 to 06? The stress of Ramonas passing brought on premature aging?  There is quite the difference and it's not because he's broadcasting from the Filipins in 06.

Ramona was definitely the wizard behind the curtain in many ways. It was really the Art and Ramona Bell show. She found and booked the guests. She was always there listening to the show. I'm sure they discussed things during breaks and she was there for him after every show. Ramona was his muse and inspiration. The light was gone out of his voice after her passing. I'm sure it wasn't as much fun for him
And he always hated dealing with the Suits

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1360 on: May 26, 2022, 10:43:39 AM »
Visitors to my home will attest that I often address the fact that my three are in regular contact with the mothership.

Too true

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1361 on: May 26, 2022, 11:29:44 AM »
Ramona was definitely the wizard behind the curtain in many ways. It was really the Art and Ramona Bell show. She found and booked the guests. She was always there listening to the show. I'm sure they discussed things during breaks and she was there for him after every show. Ramona was his muse and inspiration. The light was gone out of his voice after her passing. I'm sure it wasn't as much fun for him
Absofuckinglutely.

Being asthmatic, Art must have had to limit his smoking around Ramona.

I speculate that he hit the cancer sticks hard in the post Ramona/pre-Asia time.

Plus, once PremSuck took over, Art was probably not as well prepared because the guests were booked without his consult. The stress might have had an effect.

Change in compression tools, mixing boards, microphone power supplies, etc. might have had an impact.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1362 on: May 26, 2022, 11:54:22 AM »
Absofuckinglutely.

Being asthmatic, Art must have had to limit his smoking around Ramona.

I speculate that he hit the cancer sticks hard in the post Ramona/pre-Asia time.

Plus, once PremSuck took over, Art was probably not as well prepared because the guests were booked without his consult. The stress might have had an effect.

Change in compression tools, mixing boards, microphone power supplies, etc. might have had an impact.
yeah the smoking would have had something to do with it, but my best guess is the overall stress of 2005. Sucked a certain amount of life outta the guy. Compression ETC? Perhaps, but that would be minimal and would not change his actual speaking patterns and vocal timber.

She was also responsible for quite a of the bumper tunes as well. What you refer to as the light being gone from his voice, I call the loss of the Hiiigh Desert Zip out of his voice.  Same thing.

Bloody nerds  ::)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1363 on: May 26, 2022, 01:30:19 PM »

Bloody nerds  ::)

I know you are but what am I?  ;)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1364 on: May 26, 2022, 01:33:23 PM »
I know you are but what am I?  ;)
You're a flirty nerd. ;D     I'm also a nerd who spelled vocal "timber" wrong.

#Timbre  ;)