Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 284080 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1365 on: May 26, 2022, 02:41:12 PM »
You're a flirty nerd. ;D     I'm also a nerd who spelled vocal "timber" wrong.

#Timbre  ;)
Blame autocorrect.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1366 on: May 27, 2022, 10:20:54 AM »
Mischievous ghosts are boring and predictable. All they do is turn lights off and on, knock over a lamp and stand behind you in the mirror. Goofy shit like that. Some of those G2G calls are packed with tales of loser spirits and deadbeats.

..Ass-Souls.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1367 on: May 27, 2022, 10:30:14 AM »
Mischievous ghosts are boring and predictable. All they do is turn lights off and on, knock over a lamp and stand behind you in the mirror. Goofy shit like that. Some of those G2G calls are packed with tales of loser spirits and deadbeats.

..Ass-Souls.

My home's "visitor" was very predictable until I directly, out loud, addressed it.

This area I live has had numerous reports of paranormal issues and a few violent and suspicious deaths.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1368 on: May 27, 2022, 11:17:35 AM »
My home's "visitor" was very predictable until I directly, out loud, addressed it.

This area I live has had numerous reports of paranormal issues and a few violent and suspicious deaths.
You had enough one day and did the "Oh for fuck sakes, you're so boring and uninteresting" "Piss off, get the fuck out" ETC.  Sometimes it takes more than once, but it really does work if you genuinely mean it. Humiliate the little bitch, send it packin'

nooryisawesome

• Elluminati
  • dont like it, watch another channel and go to hell
« Reply #1369 on: May 27, 2022, 11:19:43 AM »
A Human Waste Of Time, with KSM.

Enough of that rubbish.  ::)
Anybody care to speculate on the change in Art's voice from 04 to 06? The stress of Ramonas passing brought on premature aging?  There is quite the difference and it's not because he's broadcasting from the Filipins in 06.

Different set up. Probably different mic with different levels. There’s also the technical aspect of it being broadcast over  2006 3rd world technology  communication lines.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1370 on: May 27, 2022, 11:46:08 AM »
Different set up. Probably different mic with different levels. There’s also the technical aspect of it being broadcast over  2006 3rd world technology  communication lines.
So you lean more to the equipment/technical side of it.  :-\

I hated callers on skype. Louder than he was. It was horrible.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1371 on: May 27, 2022, 11:51:46 AM »
You had enough one day and did the "Oh for fuck sakes, you're so boring and uninteresting" "Piss off, get the fuck out" ETC.  Sometimes it takes more than once, but it really does work if you genuinely mean it. Humiliate the little bitch, send it packin'

Actually, this ghost woke me up like an alarm clock... I finally said... "...if you can turn on a light, you can bring* me money." (*Bring, make or give me - I said it just after waking up, don't remember exact word)

That was the last event I am aware of.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1372 on: May 27, 2022, 05:39:07 PM »
My home's "visitor" was very predictable until I directly, out loud, addressed it...

Does that work on girlfriends?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1373 on: May 27, 2022, 06:07:07 PM »
Does that work on girlfriends?

No. They don't listen. 

After seeing the Depp-Heard trial, I think I'll have a psychoanalysis done on any future women who get a key to my place...  Talk about a psycho bitch...
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1374 on: May 28, 2022, 04:38:38 PM »
I am tempted to purchase one of the best and most widely used broadcasting mics. Art used this one for most of his career and the quality of these units remain intact through the years. I guess it will just be a sort of studio ornament as it is not meant for musical purposes but rather the human speaking voice. I can walk around the house all day saying things Art use to say. "From the weeeeet HIGH desert!"

The, Electa-Voice RE20
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This Shure is popular on YouTube...
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Both appeared on a stream today...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1375 on: May 28, 2022, 05:04:11 PM »
This Shure is popular on YouTube...
Both appeared on a stream today...
Yeah the Shure has jumped ahead. Rogan uses them, so does Carola and tons of other podcasts and indie news shows but I like the EV for its classic look and outstanding performance. Both around the 500 mark I think.

I could just use my Shure KSM32 or KSM44. Or one of many Audio Technica mics. Or one of the AKG's or RODE's. Those Rode mics are hefty. I like that. Like a fat Aussie gal that you sing into or use as an overhead drum mic.  This is gettin' weird.

You like the Shure, don't you! @sean92008

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1376 on: May 28, 2022, 05:23:15 PM »
Yeah the Shure has jumped ahead. Rogan uses them, so does Carola and tons of other podcasts and indie news shows but I like the EV for its classic look and outstanding performance. Both around the 500 mark I think.

I could just use my Shure KSM32 or KSM44. Or one of many Audio Technica mics. Or one of the AKG's or RODE's. Those Rode mics are hefty. I like that. Like a fat Aussie gal that you sing into or use as an overhead drum mic.  This is gettin' weird.

You like the Shure, don't you! @sean92008

I wish I remembered all the numbers.

In the mid-to-late 90s, I had:
Rode IIs
AT 4050S
C1000S
Crown PZM
Radio Shack PZM
EV 757 (hyper-cardioid dynamic
EV457 stage mics, also used in scratch vocals isolation)
Radio Shack (SM58 rejects)
Yes, I did not own any 57s, nor any Shure-branded mics. The Radio Shack 58s were for live because of theft risk.

I always had even numbers of mics 2-4-8...

If I was tracking for others, I'd borrow Shures if they were going to do additional tracks at a real studio so that they'd get consistency.

For digital recording, dynamic mics, I liked 1990s EV and  AudioTechnica condenser mics.

Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1377 on: May 28, 2022, 08:55:29 PM »
Shit I forgot my AKG drum mics.  C5000???

I was doing a remote 8-track for a bunch of weekend warriors.  The drummer (a commercial airlines pilot) starts criticizing the drum mics because the sounded bad for his voice.  I said, something like "Do you want me to use your mics? You're paying me, you're the boss" (definitely paraphrased).

When the singer came to mix with me, he was pissed the drums sounded like shit. I offered for an additional cost to trigger drum samples. Cha-fucking-ching. I had to sync to time code, manually edit.  Nearly doubled my price.

Asshole.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1378 on: May 28, 2022, 10:07:53 PM »
Somewhere in Time 5/28/1996. 26 years ago. Still better than anything on the radio since Rush died.

How depressing. The enthusiasm and just plain great radio that is all but dead  The big excitement that night was a nighttime reentry of the space shuttle.

Someone also heard Ramona guest hosting (presumption) a radio show.

When I go back to bachelor living, I think streaming old AB will be the thing in my house... Day and night.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1379 on: May 29, 2022, 07:47:31 AM »
I am tempted to purchase one of the best and most widely used broadcasting mics. Art used this one for most of his career and the quality of these units remain intact through the years. I guess it will just be a sort of studio ornament as it is not meant for musical purposes but rather the human speaking voice. I can walk around the house all day saying things Art use to say. "From the weeeeet HIGH desert!"

The, Electa-Voice RE20
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Get a black one, they look better...

PS The over-the-top (like pictured) has a subtle bass roll-off while keeping a nice and crisp articulation. On the occasion I needed intimate, whisper-in-your-ear vocals I'd do the same with the C1000S.

I miss being able to play with my gear and recording other artists.  Now, it's kind of like a blind man owning artwork. After my tinnitus, I could still pull off a great recording and mix, but my acoustic traumas finished that.
Eh, nevermind...