Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 39012 times)

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
Game of Thrones
« on: November 10, 2018, 01:58:52 PM »
All who love GoT I am on my third rewatch. Who else loves thrones? Let’s discuss.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 02:19:48 PM »
All who love GoT I am on my third rewatch. Who else loves thrones? Let’s discuss.

I think that is right up @TigerLily alley
Are we having fun yet?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 10:01:37 PM »

Winter is Coming. But no GoT until Spring.  I'm going to binge all the episodes before the last season starts. It's been so long everything that has happened is murky in my memory

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 12:05:07 AM »
Winter is Coming. But no GoT until Spring.  I'm going to binge all the episodes before the last season starts. It's been so long everything that has happened is murky in my memory

That's a good idea TigerLily. It's all a bit murky now for me also. I was a bit disappointed with last season. It felt rushed and too abrupt to really get into the storyline. I hear this final season is supposed to be a short one. I hope not because it seems they have a lot of loose ends to tie up.
♦♦👽♦♦

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 07:03:41 AM »
That's a good idea TigerLily. It's all a bit murky now for me also. I was a bit disappointed with last season. It felt rushed and too abrupt to really get into the storyline. I hear this final season is supposed to be a short one. I hope not because it seems they have a lot of loose ends to tie up.

Six episodes. That's it. I'm unhappy about this too. Seven years of building up and a year and a half between the 7th season and the last.  Then they only give us 6 episodes to wrap up all the story lines. I think the only way to get the most out of the finale is to watch the whole series again. I've binged each season. I think it's time to follow @ponyboysunset's example and have a Super Binge of the whole series

Kind of sounds like a joke about the perfect boyfriend who is only somewhat lacking at the Big Finale

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 07:22:41 AM »
i watched the first 2 seasons into season 3 but got all mixed up.i need someone to explain all the houses fighting with each other to me.. :-\   :) :)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 07:44:56 AM »
i watched the first 2 seasons into season 3 but got all mixed up.i need someone to explain all the houses fighting with each other to me.. :-\   :) :)

Omg. That's a tall order pretty toots. PBS sounds like she is fully immersed and up to date on the whole saga. I read the first four books before I watched any of the series. I think that added to my enjoyment of the show. But it did take away some of my shock from the most shocking scenes. *** SPOILER ALERT! *** After reading the Red Wedding scene I couldn't believe that really happened. I actually put down the book and didn't pick it up again for months.

It's going to be difficult to really get into GoT Gab without spoiling it for people who haven't seen it yet

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 07:49:07 AM »
Omg. That's a tall order pretty toots. PBS sounds like she is fully immersed and up to date on the whole saga. I read the first four books before I watched any of the series. I think that added to my enjoyment of the show. But it did take away some of my shock from the most shocking scenes. *** Spoiler Alert! *** After reading the Red Wedding scene I couldn't believe that really happened. I actually put down the book and didn't pick it up again for months.

It's going to be difficult to really get into GoT Gab without spoiling it for people who haven't seen it yet

I will have to go back to season 1 and try again..lol thanks  :)

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 08:42:32 AM »
I love GoT and rewatch it all from the beginning to coincide with the start of each new season.

I know there are only 6 eps in the last season but they are going to be super long ones I hear.

SkyTV over here simulcasts the eps when they air in the US and because of my job I have to watch them then so I don’t get spoiled by miserable bastards. So it’s a 2am showtime for me next year! Monday’s are always tough, but longer eps will make things even tougher!

(I also have to do that for Westworld but that’s a different thread!)
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 09:30:02 AM »
I love GoT and rewatch it all from the beginning to coincide with the start of each new season.

I know there are only 6 eps in the last season but they are going to be super long ones I hear.

SkyTV over here simulcasts the eps when they air in the US and because of my job I have to watch them then so I don’t get spoiled by miserable bastards. So it’s a 2am showtime for me next year! Monday’s are always tough, but longer eps will make things even tougher!

(I also have to do that for Westworld but that’s a different thread!)
Omg I love Westworld too. I am so glad this thread is catching on.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 10:24:50 AM »
Omg I love Westworld too. I am so glad this thread is catching on.

I read that the Westworld set was destroyed in the recent wildfires.
Are we having fun yet?

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 10:32:22 AM »
I read that the Westworld set was destroyed in the recent wildfires.

Yeah I read that on TMZ. That wasn’t in the narrative!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 06:13:08 PM »
I truly hope each episode of the final season is movie length and worthy of this long saga. Plus, they need more kick ass Brienne of Tarth!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
♦♦👽♦♦

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 04:55:11 AM »
I truly hope each episode of the final season is movie length and worthy of this long saga. Plus, they need more kick ass Brienne of Tarth!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Brienne is one of my favorite character too! I hope this happens! I also love Tyrion.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 06:57:56 AM »

Game of Thrones premiered on HBO on April 17, 2011 in the U.SA. There is no way I remember all the names, families or places. Every Monday at my job we would discuss each episode. Eventually I used the Close Captioning to keep up with the names of each character.  At this point I do not plan to go back and binge GOT.  I have to wait until March 2019. Or else I will forget what I want to remember.  "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives." Praise ElGab!