Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 275033 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #735 on: April 17, 2019, 03:51:30 AM »
sNoory says the tapes are at Premrat. He was supposed to get back with MV about digitizing them.
Merry Christmas

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #736 on: April 17, 2019, 06:10:33 AM »
So...  Art made Hi-Fi VHS recordings of all the early shows...
I think I read that the tapes were handed over... maybe not, maybe it was just referring to the ownership of the intellectual property rights... Maybe Airyn will push for "legacy" permission to convert them if she has possession.  Yeah, pretty unlikely...

Eh, nevermind.
@sean92008 , it would be grand if these early Art Bell recording were released. Ownership is a real issue. We can hope for the best.
Eh, nevermind
+1

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #737 on: April 17, 2019, 06:17:22 AM »
sNoory says the tapes are at Premrat. He was supposed to get back with MV about digitizing them.
@juan what is Premrat? It seems that MV is one busy person. It took him a few days to upload the April's GabCast. @wr250 has spoiled me with the fast replays of The Little Podcast That Did :)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #738 on: April 17, 2019, 06:21:24 AM »
I love we are his legacy. He was our late night friend who hung out, scared the crap out of us, made us  about the universe and all its wonder. Sir you are missed
@AngiefromNJ , You are on target, once again-we are his legacy ;)
+1

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #739 on: April 17, 2019, 06:28:30 AM »
@juan what is Premrat? It seems that MV is one busy person. It took him a few days to upload the April's GabCast. @wr250 has spoiled me with the fast replays of The Little Podcast That Did :)
thanks i do try .
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #740 on: April 17, 2019, 06:33:52 AM »
Hi FISH. Thanks for sharing. I have family on my Dads side from the UK so I understand the tradition of someone passing and having a service in the home. Looks like you and your brother had quite the spark. :) . Phil has Art down to a T! What a hoot! Lmao.Btw. Inside joke= I'm off the eggnog for good now. Christmas will never be the same after tonight. ;)
@starman , In the year 2019, funeral services have been reinvented. Yesterday, I attended a "Celebration of Life" funeral service. There was a beautiful little box on a table-the ashes. The departed one's son-in-law gave a heart touching eulogy. He spoke for about 5 minutes. My IRISH DNA does not have a cold heart. My memories went back to the old ways of lamenting a death in a home that lasted over 24 hours.
The funeral director asked if anyone wanted to share a memory of the departed one. No one volunteered to speak.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #741 on: April 17, 2019, 07:50:55 AM »
@starman , In the year 2019, funeral services have been reinvented. Yesterday, I attended a "Celebration of Life" funeral service. There was a beautiful little box on a table-the ashes. The departed one's son-in-law gave a heart touching eulogy. He spoke for about 5 minutes. My IRISH DNA does not have a cold heart. My memories went back to the old ways of lamenting a death in a home that lasted over 24 hours.
The funeral director asked if anyone wanted to share a memory of the departed one. No one volunteered to speak.

The silence is almost excruciating when that happens.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #742 on: April 17, 2019, 08:02:16 AM »
Public Service Announcement

https://ufo2001.com/

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #743 on: April 17, 2019, 11:01:51 AM »
Public Service Announcement

https://ufo2001.com/

Florida again! Don't it figure? Sheesh, I really think Florida is now running higher on the crazy scale then NY, something I would have thought was unthinkable in the past.  ;)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2019, 11:03:37 AM »
@juan what is Premrat? It seems that MV is one busy person. It took him a few days to upload the April's GabCast
@FISH - Premrat is Premiere Radio Network, aka Clear Channel, aka Cheap Channel, aka I Heart Radio, aka I Hate Art Radio, I.e. sNoory’s employer.

BTW I hate autocorrect on this damned iPad. I had to retype the above numerous time.
Merry Christmas

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2019, 11:48:51 AM »
How can I turn off iPad autocorrect?
Sometimes you just don't need Apple's iPad dictionary telling you how to spell. The feature can be helpful but sometimes it's not the best at recognizing certain words and proper names, etc.

To turn auto correct off:

1. Navigate to Settings -> General -> Keyboard

2. Touch Auto-Correction -> OFF

;)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2019, 11:57:39 AM »
Florida again! Don't it figure? Sheesh, I really think Florida is now running higher on the crazy scale then NY, something I would have thought was unthinkable in the past.  ;)

Perhaps the snowbirds are still there?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2019, 12:05:53 PM »
Perhaps the snowbirds are still there?

Hey now, those hosers from eastern Canada keep their noses clean, save for the zinc oxide... ::) ::) ::)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2019, 12:12:18 PM »
Hey now, those hosers from eastern Canada keep their noses clean, save for the zinc oxide... ::) ::) ::)

The NY snowbirds go to Florida in a wintery way

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #749 on: April 17, 2019, 12:31:34 PM »
The NY snowbirds go to Florida in a wintery way

You ain't a kidding!