Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274772 times)

4Katdad

• KNYE
  • Can't you see I'm busy?
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2018, 11:04:11 PM »
I've seen Oxycodone used for chronic pain and Hydrocodone used for break through pain. Dying from an 'accidental' overdose is better than what lies ahead for most with COPD.

Yep. Art was a really smart guy. He had to have known those four drugs taken together could, and likely would, be fatal. Plus, meds come with instructions of not to mix, etc. With the constant pain he was in, getting worse all the time, struggling to breathe as Dannion said, he was suffering a slow, excruciating death. What was the point in continuing? It's not hard to imagine Art saying "That's enough" and taking that drug combo and going to sleep, knowing he would never wake up. And if that's what he did, I don't blame him at all.

Even if he hadn't died of the OD, how much longer did he really have in that condition? A few weeks? A few months, tops? He may have hit his 73rd birthday in June, maybe. He almost certainly wouldn't have lived out the year based on what we know about his condition. And his quality of life in that time leading to a natural death would have been shit and getting shittier. His doctor or doctors may have given a prognosis on his life expectancy at that point and he figured the hell with it, I'm checking out.

It's all speculation of course, but it doesn't make sense that a guy with Art's intelligence could make such a mistake with that witches brew of meds. Just my two cents.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2018, 11:16:33 PM »
Yep. Art was a really smart guy. He had to have known those four drugs taken together could, and likely would, be fatal. Plus, meds come with instructions of not to mix, etc. With the constant pain he was in, getting worse all the time, struggling to breathe as Dannion said, he was suffering a slow, excruciating death. What was the point in continuing? It's not hard to imagine Art saying "That's enough" and taking that drug combo and going to sleep, knowing he would never wake up. And if that's what he did, I don't blame him at all.

Even if he hadn't died of the OD, how much longer did he really have in that condition? A few weeks? A few months, tops? He may have hit his 73rd birthday in June, maybe. He almost certainly wouldn't have lived out the year based on what we know about his condition. And his quality of life in that time leading to a natural death would have been shit and getting shittier. His doctor or doctors may have given a prognosis on his life expectancy at that point and he figured the hell with it, I'm checking out.

It's all speculation of course, but it doesn't make sense that a guy with Art's intelligence could make such a mistake with that witches brew of meds. Just my two cents.

I don't believe it was intentional.  He just had a son born.  He may not have valued his earlier children but he appeared to love his latest offspring.  I imagine he would have liked to stay on Earth for a bit longer. He was still posting on twitter and facebook with no indication of depression.  I think he had a senior moment and accidentally took his meds too close together.  We'll never know though.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2018, 12:09:10 AM »
I don't believe it was intentional.  He just had a son born.  He may not have valued his earlier children but he appeared to love his latest offspring.  I imagine he would have liked to stay on Earth for a bit longer. He was still posting on twitter and facebook with no indication of depression.  I think he had a senior moment and accidentally took his meds too close together.  We'll never know though.

"Mixing prescription opioid painkillers with a class of drugs that includes popular sedatives such as Valium and Xanax can cause a fatal overdose, U.S. health officials warned.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said it will require “boxed warnings” on 389 different products to inform health professionals and the public of this potentially lethal drug interaction, FDA Commissioner Dr. Robert Califf said during a media briefing.

Benzodiazepines -- which include Valium and Xanax -- affect the central nervous system, and are used to treat conditions like anxiety, insomnia and seizures, said Dr. Doug Throckmorton, deputy director of regulatory programs with the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research." -CBS News Sept 2016

4Katdad

• KNYE
  • Can't you see I'm busy?
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2018, 12:16:00 AM »

I also hope it wasn't intentional but can understand if it was. Yes, it's also easy to see him getting confused as to what meds he took and when he took them that day or the night before (I do that sometimes now and I'm nowhere near Art's age). After all, this is a guy who super-glued his lips together during a show and fell off his front porch.

My mom was on a bunch of meds as her health failed and I have no idea how she kept it all straight. She too was on powerful painkillers and other meds and had to space them all out throughout the day. Seemed like an accident waiting to happen. Looks like it did to Art. RIP buddy

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2018, 01:42:38 PM »
Well, Art died just like Elvis. Full of pills.

Bart's avatar was more #Legacy than we could have ever expected.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2018, 03:23:04 PM »
I wonder if an independent medical examiner, one that is not affiliated with the NYE County Sheriff's Office and one who would not even know who Art Bell is, would reach the same conclusion that the medication overdose was 'accidental'.

Pure speculation here but Heather's irrational behavior these past few months might make sense, to outside observers, if the reason for her behavior was because she knew Art was thinking about suicide. Maybe he mentioned it in passing as a joke or off hand comment, but she never took him serious or could persuade him otherwise and then suddenly he's dead. She'd not only be overcome with grief but also with regret and shame that she could not do, or did not do, enough to possibly help him.

There is lots of speculation...

Even though the Medical Examiner's report answered a lot of questions it also opened up a lot of them as well.
So apropos for Arthur William Bell.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2018, 07:11:44 PM »
Art Bell's ouija board message on last night's Jimmy Church show:

All things are done by choice and there are no accidents.
Though not a deliberate act there was purpose behind the decisions I made.
I know that now and not then.
This was a decision I made freely, this I know as well now.
This is my final signoff as I fade to black.

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #157 on: August 02, 2018, 07:50:23 PM »
Art Bell's ouija board message on last night's Jimmy Church show:

All things are done by choice and there are no accidents.
Though not a deliberate act there was purpose behind the decisions I made.
I know that now and not then.
This was a decision I made freely, this I know as well now.
This is my final signoff as I fade to black.

I just finished listening to this! Not sure to say bullcrap or completely freak out!

Adam Baum

• KNYE
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
« Reply #158 on: August 02, 2018, 07:56:10 PM »
I just finished listening to this! Not sure to say bullcrap or completely freak out!

A little of both perhaps?
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »
A little of both perhaps?

INDEED! 😳

Desmond

• KIDD
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2018, 08:02:06 PM »

Considering it's coming from Jimmy "Fade To Black" Church, the answer is clear.

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »

Hence the bullcrap part, especially after listening to them “contact” Mother Theresa.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2018, 08:13:56 PM »
You don't believe Art's last words via Ouija would reference Yimmy's show?  ;D

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Desmond

• KIDD
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2018, 08:18:13 PM »
You don't believe Art's last words via Ouija would reference Yimmy's show?  ;D

Color me just a wee bit skeptical.   ::)

Desmond

• KIDD
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2018, 08:21:12 PM »
After all, this is a guy who super-glued his lips together during a show and fell off his front porch.

Got a laugh remembering his descriptions of these incidents.  I believe he controlled his exit and it was no accident.