Author Topic: The EllGab Garden  (Read 231200 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2018, 10:26:42 AM »
Right!  Thanks for playing, PolkaDot.
I’m late to the game but love this topic idea! I have a feeling you all are in nicer gardening clime than I am. Love horticulture though, it’s one of my happy places. Thanks for starting this guys- I’m excited to see what everyone is up too in their gardens!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

albrecht

• Ellightened
Hornets or Yellowjackets
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2018, 08:18:14 PM »
Either way, need to kill em. Situation, at one point was a "hold my beer" situation when neighbor decided a poke n spray approach would work. Another trip to store for cans of spray and Benadryl (I was thinking that could he illegal, some meth making thing) but electronic check-out didn't stop (maybe flagged for later?) Anyhow killer didnt work. Methods were being discussed over beers. Decided to wait til manana. Maybe best. Thoughts were: pour kerosene, flood with hose, shove a lit road flare down, fireworks, pull out bush with truck while folks spray hole, pour deisel, or "get a sharpshooter and dig out, I'm immune." Most ideas were agreed that get your kid to film this so abandoned, for now. The spray didnt even kill ones flying back and forth. Bought 12 cans at Walmart, discounted. Now I know why discounted. Ideas?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Hornets or Yellowjackets
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »
Either way, need to kill em. Situation, at one point was a "hold my beer" situation when neighbor decided a poke n spray approach would work. Another trip to store for cans of spray and Benadryl (I was thinking that could he illegal, some meth making thing) but electronic check-out didn't stop (maybe flagged for later?) Anyhow killer didnt work. Methods were being discussed over beers. Decided to wait til manana. Maybe best. Thoughts were: pour kerosene, flood with hose, shove a lit road flare down, fireworks, pull out bush with truck while folks spray hole, pour deisel, or "get a sharpshooter and dig out, I'm immune." Most ideas were agreed that get your kid to film this so abandoned, for now. The spray didnt even kill ones flying back and forth. Bought 12 cans at Walmart, discounted. Now I know why discounted. Ideas?

Call Linda Moulton Howe
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »

They are in a hole?  If you can cover the hole exit with a screen at night.   Then the next day pump 50,000 gallons of water down thru the screen

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »
Call Linda Moulton Howe
Ha. I actually used the pool net to capture one because I didn't wanna kill bees (though someone chimed in "what if Africanized Bees?! They are mean and will follow you!)
BUT, you could be onto something. Nicanoids (sp?) she always blames. I'll hit up neighbors n friends who smoke or dip and throw the ashtrays and spitoons into the bush?
Nah, I'll figure it out. Open to more ideas though since my fire options are suspect due to proximity of house. Might get a tyvek suit and go zombie style dig n spray. Idk.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2018, 08:31:42 PM »
They are in a hole?  If you can cover the hole exit with a screen at night.   Then the next day pump 50,000 gallons of water down thru the screen

Ha. Water restrictions. Friggin greenies. Even when we have floods or even rain. Though my "one day a week" I guess?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2018, 08:33:38 PM »
Ha. Water restrictions. Friggin greenies. Even when we have floods or even rain. Though my "one day a week" I guess?

Well then a gallon of 93 Octane is the only thing left.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »

When I was about 9 or 10 a group of us neighborhood kids were playing in a downed tree.  It was fun climbing through and over the branches that were still holding their leaves.  Suddenly I felt a sharp  sting in my right arm.  Oh, I thought to myself, a bee got me.  But then the sting repeated itself, over and over.  First time I was ever stung by a yellowjacket.  I went shouting and crying all the way home.  Later on I felt a bit silly, as if I should have toughed it out without bawling like a baby.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
Ha. I actually used the pool net to capture one because I didn't wanna kill bees (though someone chimed in "what if Africanized Bees?! They are mean and will follow you!)
BUT, you could be onto something. Nicanoids (sp?) she always blames. I'll hit up neighbors n friends who smoke or dip and throw the ashtrays and spitoons into the bush?
Nah, I'll figure it out. Open to more ideas though since my fire options are suspect due to proximity of house. Might get a tyvek suit and go zombie style dig n spray. Idk.

Usually that wasp&hornet spray knocks everything down from mud dobbers (harmless?) to paper wasps and yellow jackets. Any pics of the one you caught?
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2018, 08:43:32 PM »
When I was about 9 or 10 a group of us neighborhood kids were playing in a downed tree.  It was fun climbing through and over the branches that were still holding their leaves.  Suddenly I felt a sharp  sting in my right arm.  Oh, I thought to myself, a bee got me.  But then the sting repeated itself, over and over.  First time I was ever stung by a yellowjacket.  I went shouting and crying all the way home.  Later on I felt a bit silly, as if I should have toughed it out without bawling like a baby.
Haha. Yeah. Interesting tidbit: one's hand looked like "big baby hands" according to a kid. But summed up well. Also swelling from other stings but only 1/2 forearm swelled. Like half only. Stopped several inches below elbow. And dramatic stop. Later attempt someone was stung shoulder. No appreciable swelling (though we joked, 'you been lifting again') Another oddity, aside from initial stings (mowing) the others were us messing with it and spraying BUT folks wearing UT colors weren't stung or seemingly even targeted BUT guy in black shirt got nailed several times (this when I was poking/destroying hole with pool stick and others spraying worthless crap.)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2018, 08:46:56 PM »
Haha. Yeah. Interesting tidbit: one's hand looked like "big baby hands" according to a kid. But summed up well. Also swelling from other stings but only 1/2 forearm swelled. Like half only. Stopped several inches below elbow. And dramatic stop. Later attempt someone was stung shoulder. No appreciable swelling (though we joked, 'you been lifting again') Another oddity, aside from initial stings (mowing) the others were us messing with it and spraying BUT folks wearing UT colors weren't stung or seemingly even targeted BUT guy in black shirt got nailed several times (this when I was poking/destroying hole with pool stick and others spraying worthless crap.)

That's savage man !!!!!!!!!!!!1

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2018, 08:47:18 PM »
Usually that wasp&hornet spray knocks everything down from mud dobbers (harmless?) to paper wasps and yellow jackets. Any pics of the one you caught?
No. I will tomorrow. At the time, after game, etc. Didnt have my phone (lock out during games) and then beers n dealing. Will try to do tomorrow. But, yeah, usually some hit usually convulse or die quick. N we had foaming and non. And several brands but old, low etc before the Walmart trip for bulk buy (that didnt work either.)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2018, 08:50:06 PM »
No. I will tomorrow. At the time, after game, etc. Didnt have my phone (lock out during games) and then beers n dealing. Will try to do tomorrow. But, yeah, usually some hit usually convulse or die quick. N we had foaming and non. And several brands but old, low etc before the Walmart trip for bulk buy (that didnt work either.)

Good news is Ags beat Kentucky who was ranked 15 in overtime. Texas/OU was a good game too.
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »
Well if you were stirring up a yellow jackets nest with a pool cue then please note that the gallon of 93 octane was a joke.

Go all Salt Walt on their ass with Isopropyl

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2018, 08:53:37 PM »
Good news is Ags beat Kentucky who was ranked 15 in overtime. Texas/OU was a good game too.
Too scary in 4th! But great win. We can both agree ou sucks!