Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 581115 times)

Colin1980

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2018, 08:39:37 PM »
Dysfunctional family Christmas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to survive it?  Any advice is welcome!
Hard to give advise with no details on how dysfunctional.
Also who is dysfunctional, you or them?

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2018, 08:56:50 PM »
Hard to give advise with no details on how dysfunctional.
Also who is dysfunctional, you or them?
Dysfunctional siblings, awkward parents. Sibling invited g/f’s niece and niece’s b/f as a condition of them attending.   ::)

Colin1980

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2018, 09:05:18 PM »
Dysfunctional siblings, awkward parents. Sibling invited g/f’s niece and niece’s b/f as a condition of them attending.   ::)

Sounds like a mess or maybe opportunity for something nice and beneficial for all to happen.
I would smoke dope and have relaxed attitude about it.
They are not going to stay forever. It will be over in a day or two or three.
Marijuana is your friend and salvation. If you don't smoke, start tonight lol

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2018, 10:00:27 PM »
The puppy has been in full flower today. Bedtime can't come soon enough. :o

In other news, I very much want to try Japanese cheesecake (jiggly cake). I have Mr. FLB on board, so that bodes well.

I've never heard of Japanese cheesecake. But I do like Japanese food and cheesecake so this is something maybe I should look into
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2018, 10:03:30 PM »

Catch a cold. Stay home. Watch sports. Order pizza. Merry Christmas
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2018, 11:00:02 PM »
Hey Zen! Great to see you! Speaking of OCD, I have a friend who has to straighten out Every. Single. Fringe. on his persian carpet. I'm sure my own housekeeping skills must make him a little (more) nuts

I was at the home of a friend who had an OCD husband.  Found out when I everso slightly moved a couple refrigerator magnets to see the photos that were in the little frames. He came along and asked aloud who had moved the magnets! I said it was me and he fixed them. I decided to test him. When they were elsewhere i just tapped a picture frame in the living room that was on the wall. Just a hair crooked. He came in and we began chatting, he was pacing and talking and then without missing a beat he straightened the frame.
Granted, the house was spottless and neat, but I don't know how living with that would be.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »
I bought the new Eric Clapton Christmas album and downloaded it from iTunes. I think I like it. Different.

Sounds interesting, i will look for it.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2018, 12:00:41 AM »
You must be terrible in bed. (The better the dancer, the better in bed. Allegedly.)
@Inglorious Bitch  Actually he's @Bart Ell pretty good. Although he insisted on calling me, Garth. Don't know what's up with that.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2018, 12:04:53 AM »
I hope that everyone is going to have an AWESOME Christmas and a happy new year too.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2018, 02:51:28 AM »
Dysfunctional family Christmas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to survive it?  Any advice is welcome!

Ahhh I probably can’t help, but i can give you a good description that might help you put yours on a descriptive level of shite.

Let’s start with the fact that my parents didn’t celebrate Christmas in any way shape or form, due to some ridiculous religious beliefs.

My formative years were spent being segregated from kids at school who did Christmas festivities and not doing anything special during the festive season. No present giving at school, no church services, no nativity plays, no carol singing, no christmas fairs... you get the idea.

I never really formed any Christmas traditions that most people have, and in fact I never decorated a Christmas tree until I was married and properly living with my husband.

My remaining siblings now celebrate, as does my mother (she has drifted away from the hokey religion). The act of giving presents is nice, and the season itself is nice now I can participate, but it’s how I imagine moving to a country that has a seasonal event you are sort of adopted into. I do it but don’t understand the sense memories that I think most people have.

Two of my siblings no longer talk to two of my other siblings. They really hate one another. I talk to everyone. There’s a Venn diagram which is used for who goes where, and when - my mother is shared around like the child of a divorced couple.

This year we have Christmas with one sister, then Boxing Day to relax and then my other sibling and my mum for the day after Boxing Day.

I generally buy a bottle of Baileys and get absolutely pissed and just try and survive. Strangely enough it’s the only day of the year I actually want to drink heavily. I barely drink the rest of the year.

Oh add to that the fact that Marital Unit’s mum died a few years ago on Christmas Day which means it’s always a bit of a sombre affair.

So I spose the answer to your question: Drink. 
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2018, 04:58:24 AM »
I praised you last night. Your karma was 1. Someone took your tip away. Probably a current or former wait person. Or a naive fool

This is perfect!

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2018, 05:55:40 AM »
I've never heard of Japanese cheesecake. But I do like Japanese food and cheesecake so this is something maybe I should look into

It looks intriguing! Apparently, it melts in your mouth when warm and has the creaminess of American cheesecake but in a lighter form.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2018, 06:31:10 AM »
Two of my siblings no longer talk to two of my other siblings. They really hate one another. I talk to everyone. There’s a Venn diagram which is used for who goes where, and when - my mother is shared around like the child of a divorced couple. 

How distressing and unfortunate, yet fascinating in a dysfunctional way.  Are you used as some sort ambassador involved in shuttle diplomacy between the two factions or is it a total Cold War kind of deal with no contact at all?  Any attempts to entice you into one Venn bubble or the other?

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2018, 06:48:45 AM »
How distressing and unfortunate, yet fascinating in a dysfunctional way.  Are you used as some sort ambassador involved in shuttle diplomacy between the two factions or is it a total Cold War kind of deal with no contact at all?  Any attempts to entice you into one Venn bubble or the other?

There is no contact or talk between the two factions, any talk about the other faction is met with tantrums. No attempts made to draw into one side or another, and I don’t take kindly to attempts as they have found out. Last time they were in the same room was my dad’s funeral and there was no speaking to one another then either.

Prior to that was the hospital when my dad died, I was there with my mum and two sisters, the other sister turned up when I had rung and he had passed and she refused to come into the room until my other two sisters had left.

It’s childish and ridiculous. I leave them to it at this point. Life is too short to be like this to one another, but they are all as stubborn as me so it’s no wonder we have this impasse.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2018, 06:49:43 AM »
Ahhh I probably can’t help, but i can give you a good description that might help you put yours on a descriptive level of shite.

Let’s start with the fact that my parents didn’t celebrate Christmas in any way shape or form, due to some ridiculous religious beliefs.

My formative years were spent being segregated from kids at school who did Christmas festivities and not doing anything special during the festive season. No present giving at school, no church services, no nativity plays, no carol singing, no christmas fairs... you get the idea.

I never really formed any Christmas traditions that most people have, and in fact I never decorated a Christmas tree until I was married and properly living with my husband.

My remaining siblings now celebrate, as does my mother (she has drifted away from the hokey religion). The act of giving presents is nice, and the season itself is nice now I can participate, but it’s how I imagine moving to a country that has a seasonal event you are sort of adopted into. I do it but don’t understand the sense memories that I think most people have.

This year we have Christmas with one sister, then Boxing Day to relax and then my other sibling and my mum for the day after Boxing Day.

I generally buy a bottle of Baileys and get absolutely pissed and just try and survive. Strangely enough it’s the only day of the year I actually want to drink heavily. I barely drink the rest of the year.

Oh add to that the fact that Marital Unit’s mum died a few years ago on Christmas Day which means it’s always a bit of a sombre affair.

So I spose the answer to your question: Drink.
I have no advise. I am a very lucky person in this life. I had my troubles in this life. However, my Christmas holidays are wonderful. You had an interesting childhood. Every person has their own story of life. I am sad to learn that you did not have the magic of Christmas growing up. Religions has done so much harm to so many people. With that being said. I grew up with the magic of Christmas. My family and friends will stop over Christmas Eve. Food, gifts, drinks and church are on my list. Christmas morning at my home, again more family, gifts and breakfast. Christmas Dinner at my brother’s home. Lots of meat, drinks, gifts and fun. Christmas night, back to my home…more family, gifts, food and drinks. Maybe some live music will be played in my kitchen. Late Christmas night, a visit to Cousin Joe’s home to visit with more friends/family.
December 26th—sleeping most of the day. This year, for a change I have a cute small live tree. I am trying to make this Christmas less crazy. Wish you and yours a Christmas that has some magic in it.

[attachment[/attachment]