Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 588499 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2018, 07:35:14 PM »
LOL, his reputation is saved.
@Inglorious Bitch  Update:  I found out that Garth was Bart's giraffe! I'm heading to the zoo to try and sort all this out. Who knew Bart could reach the wondrous most pleasurable heights of a giraffes naughty place. Yucky

HammBurgah!!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2018, 09:58:36 PM »
Get out of here with your crinkle cut frozen fries.

Unless................

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2018, 06:42:43 AM »
Unless................

Crinkle fries are so nostalgic! Just like breakfast for lunch and pizza cut into rectangles, they transport me right back to grade school.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »
4 Winter Solstice Rituals From Around the World

Druids, pagans and revelers gather in the center of Stonehenge in Wiltshire, England to celebrate winter solstice.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Krampus creature, an Austrian winter solstice ritual, lets himself be touched by onlookers prior to the annual Krampus night in Tyrol

Dozens of people, lucky enough to be selected through an annual lottery, get the chance to stand inside the Newgrange monument in Ireland and absorb the first rays of the day as they fill the ancient chambers during the winter solstice

In Japan, people traditionally soak in hot baths with the yuzu citrus fruit to welcome the winter solstice and protect their bodies from the common cold. A pair of adult capybara and three babies take a yuzu-yu, or a hot bath with yuzu citrus fruits, a winter solstice ritual

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2018, 09:26:51 AM »
The winter solstice falls on Dec. 21, 2018. The winter solstice is particularly special this year as the upcoming December full moon, named the Cold Moon, will be visible in the night sky along with the Ursid meteor shower.

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »
The Krampus creature, an Austrian winter solstice ritual, lets himself be touched by onlookers prior to the annual Krampus night in Tyrol

That guy looks like a combination of Gritty and Peter Laviolette giving a post-game press conference

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2018, 03:06:06 PM »

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2018, 06:05:50 PM »

In keeping with the Adam Sandler and holiday theme ...

lol. I actually forgot how funny this is. Haven't heard it in a few years. And love the pets in yarmulkes

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »

Thanks for sharing! Tommy Boy is one of my favorite comedies.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2018, 08:40:26 PM »
The winter solstice falls on Dec. 21, 2018. The winter solstice is particularly special this year as the upcoming December full moon, named the Cold Moon, will be visible in the night sky along with the Ursid meteor shower.

I love this, and also your previous post about the solstice rituals around the world, @TigerLily! I was at a solstice celebration tonight which was absolutely beautiful, with many blessings and invocations for a better, happier, more balanced new year.

Blessed Solstice to you, and we all need to keep ourselves in balance around this very intense full moon, too! Intense emotions possible! +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2018, 01:50:54 AM »
You're most welcome, Dynamo. Sometimes it takes time. Today is my nephew's birthday, the one who committed suicide four years ago in March. I feel quite sad and reflective about him, and for some reason images of him as a toddler keep popping up unexpectedly in my mind, as I was very close to him when he was younger.

Truth is, he's probably happier over there (wherever "there" is), on the other side than he was here. Each year gets a little less hard, and soon I expect the measurement will switch over to gradually getting easier.

I don't know what lame but well-intentioned thoughts from an internet stranger like may mean to you, if anything, but sincere well wishes to you and your family during this and all seasons. Take care

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2018, 08:28:49 AM »
4 Winter Solstice Rituals From Around the World
(Snip)
In Japan, people traditionally soak in hot baths with the yuzu citrus fruit to welcome the winter solstice and protect their bodies from the common cold. A pair of adult capybara and three babies take a yuzu-yu, or a hot bath with yuzu citrus fruits, a winter solstice ritual

https://twitter.com/capybarahp/status/1076299035676266496
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »
I came over here to sit a bit, listen to the quiet. Had to get away from the crazy HW stuff. How about a comfy chair and a puppy.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2018, 05:11:56 PM »
I came over here to sit a bit, listen to the quiet. Had to get away from the crazy HW stuff. How about a comfy chair and a puppy.

That's what it's all about  :)