Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 589367 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #285 on: April 23, 2019, 10:35:41 AM »
Whoever smote me yesterday. I'm sure it was a mistake and you meant to hit praise. I have faith in humanity. All wrongs will be righted
+1 just in case I wuz da one that fat fingered ya :-\

Regardless, you have got to squelch the sensitivity setting down some. :o

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #286 on: April 23, 2019, 11:36:45 AM »
Now you drive the nightmare:

Still a fan of "sanctuary cities"?

:o

Go back to Politics, horseflies
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2019, 11:40:28 AM »
It wasn't me, but I have righted that terrible wrong nevertheless. .

Thanks, darling.  I done you back. It might seem like it, but I'm really not out begging for karma. I'm pretty sure I know who it is. Just trying shame that person for pettiness
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2019, 11:46:28 AM »
Go back to Politics, horseflies

Homelessness is a "politic"?

What party do I have to join to s**t in the sidewalk and live in a tent? :P

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2019, 11:55:33 AM »
No one had a hug for Mom? 😿
We love Mom, but her boyfriends are trash:

https://www.briansussman.com/commentary/earth-days-real-history/
“Earth Day has never been a celebration of the beauty and bounty of this awesome terrestrial ball.  It’s always been an assault on man.”–Brian Sussman

On April 22, 1970, a trio of radical dreamers established the first Earth Day, an event designed to assault capitalism, free-markets and mankind.

The initial concept was conceived by Senator Gaylord Nelson (D-WS).  Nelson was Congress’ leading environmentalist activist, a sort of pre-incarnate Senator Barbara Boxer in drag.  He was also the mastermind behind those ridiculous teach-ins which were vogue in the Sixties and early Seventies.  During the teach-ins, mutinous school instructors would scrap the day’s assigned curriculum, pressure their students to sit cross-legged on the floor, and “rap” about how America was an imperialist nation, and converse about why communism really wasn’t such a bad form of government—it just needed to be implemented properly.

Nelson’s teach-in efforts were aided by a young man named Denis Hayes.  Hayes was student body president while at Stanford, and well known for organizing anti-Vietnam war protests.  Hayes heard about Senator Nelson’s teach-in concept and eventually helped Nelson institute the practice nationwide.

Rounding out the troika was Professor Paul Ehrlich of Stanford.  In 1968 Ehrlich authored the Malthusian missive, The Population Bomb, in which he infamously spouted wild allegations which included equating the earth’s supposed surplus of people with a cancer that needs to be eradicated:  “A cancer is an uncontrolled multiplication of cells; the population explosion is an uncontrolled multiplication of people…We must shift our efforts from treatment of the symptoms to the cutting out of the cancer.  The operation will demand many apparently brutal and heartless decisions,” he wrote.

Oh yeah...I remember his tome all too well from back in the day, scary stuff, no?

So we've gone from cull the planetary herd or die to --- we need to import brown people to make the babies white people can't afford to!

Wow - that was one heck of an about face wasn't it?

Almost as abrupt as this one:

Feeling a bit like you live in a giant:

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2019, 11:48:40 PM »
Now you drive the nightmare:

Still a fan of "sanctuary cities"?

:o
26, those are not refugees.  They don't even look like immigrants or aliens.  These are our own.  We have become third world. 

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #291 on: September 28, 2019, 11:17:11 PM »

The Whatever Thread. All the fun without the Drama

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #292 on: September 28, 2019, 11:49:57 PM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2019, 11:51:14 PM »
Listen, I think this thread should be a sticky! It is IMO better than a random stupid things thread simply because it covers all. Cuz we can be mean here as opposed to random and stupid. I've done random and stupid to death. I mean really ::) :P ::)

I'm thinking of buying a speedo and a speedboat! You can't have one without the other..  although  if I do that I may be required to grow a moustache, buy a van and have shag carpet throughout the house.   So I digress; I'll just buy a speedo and a rubber dingy. A dingy will even fit in the hot tub! Eureka!!! :)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2019, 12:01:02 AM »
Listen, I think this thread should be a sticky! It is IMO better than a random stupid things thread simply because it covers all. Cuz we can be mean here as opposed to random and stupid. I've done random and stupid to death. I mean really ::) :P ::)

I'm thinking of buying a speedo and a speedboat! You can't have one without the other..  although  if I do that I may be required to grow a moustache, buy a van and have shag carpet throughout the house.   So I digress; I'll just buy a speedo and a rubber dingy. A dingy will even fit in the hot tub! Eureka!!! :)

That's the spirit!  Is that a cigar or are you just happy to see me? Oooh. So mean. Bwa ha ha!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #295 on: September 29, 2019, 12:28:17 AM »
Is that a cigar or are you just happy to see me? Oooh. So mean. Bwa ha ha!

Before marriage, I used to win barroom contests called 'how many quarters' So.. Bwa ha HA! yourself ;D

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #296 on: September 29, 2019, 12:39:29 AM »
Before marriage, I used to win barroom contests called 'how many quarters' So.. Bwa ha HA! yourself ;D

I don't know what that means so my imagination is running rampant. No need to explain. Seriously. Don't

I said nice things in the Garden thread. Does that help?

skittles

• KNYE
  • The avatar formerly known as pawpourri
« Reply #297 on: September 29, 2019, 01:58:40 AM »
I'm hoping this thread develops into sort of a wine bar, coffeehouse, discussion site. A place with no agenda. We can hangout and discuss and meander anywhere we want.  All topics covered in any other thread or totally new thoughts and ideas. Like friends who run into each other and just catch up on anything and everything. Gossip, questions, experiences. Art, Science, the Paranormal, the Normal. Your day. Deep philosophy to giggling at the absurd. And being absurd ourselves. Grab your favorite beverage. Settle into a comfy chair and chat. About whatever

Any thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? Stupid idea? Waddaya guys think? I'll check back later to see if there is any interest

I'm all in!   ;D

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #298 on: September 29, 2019, 06:25:48 AM »

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #299 on: September 29, 2019, 07:31:34 AM »
Hello!
Happy day, all