Author Topic: A Phantasmagoria of Paper, Pencils, and Pens  (Read 3965 times)

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
A Phantasmagoria of Paper, Pencils, and Pens
« on: November 03, 2021, 09:27:05 AM »
Just received my RHODIA paper pad. Lined. Size A5. N° 16. Made in France.

For writing letters to special fans, clients, friends, state governors, literary agents, and secret agents.

Useful for note taking during illicit FTF hacker meetings. Raises many covetous eyebrows.

Perfect mini-gift for almost anyone -  prisoners to priests to paupers to presidents to programmers.

Inappropriate overkill waste usage and not recommended for the following:

A) Note to the delivery person

B) Grocery shopping list

C) Passing notes in Defensive Driving School

D) Jotting down things to do that day

E) Hate mail to soulless corporations

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: A Phantasmagoria of Paper, Pencils, and Pens
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 10:02:54 AM »
Never heard of RHODIA but I am intrigued. 

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 10:43:46 AM »
Never heard of RHODIA but I am intrigued.

That index on the back details sizes and versions available.

Of course, now I am not happy having only the lined N° 16. LOL

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 11:05:12 AM »
Just received my RHODIA paper pad. Lined. Size A5. N° 16. Made in France.

For writing letters to special fans, clients, friends, state governors, literary agents, and secret agents.

Useful for note taking during illicit FTF hacker meetings. Raises many covetous eyebrows.

Perfect mini-gift for almost anyone -  prisoners to priests to paupers to presidents to programmers.

Inappropriate overkill waste usage and not recommended for the following:

A) Note to the delivery person

B) Grocery shopping list

C) Passing notes in Defensive Driving School

D) Jotting down things to do that day

E) Hate mail to soulless corporations
I like this. Problem is that I would no doubt break one or more of the rules listed within ten days of receiving. Self flagellation would follow - but hey, damage done and I'm a very bad man, man.

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »
I like this. Problem is that I would no doubt break one or more of the rules listed within ten days of receiving. Self flagellation would follow - but hey, damage done and I'm a very bad man, man.

I hear you. To circumvent temptation - out of expediency - to waste great paper for mundane reasons, I make sure I also have a low quality pad of paper from the dollar store.

Especially for those impromptu missives of anger to corporations (E).  I can always rationalize breaking A thru D, but never E.

Those non appreciative, paper-hating bastards.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 12:50:52 PM »
That index on the back details sizes and versions available.

Of course, now I am not happy having only the lined N° 16. LOL

Was that the only option available when you ordered?  I checked out the website.  I also clicked on the 'buy online' tab.  I immediately had a flashback.  The first seller listed was from a company in Virginia that didn't hire me.  Three interviews!  That stung because I thought I was a shoo-in and it was my chance to get out of the food biz.  I digress...

There is an Office Max near by that's going out of business.  Paper products 50% off.  Cha Ching!!!!!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 12:51:50 PM »
I like this. Problem is that I would no doubt break one or more of the rules listed within ten days of receiving.

Likewise.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »
I hear you. To circumvent temptation - out of expediency - to waste great paper for mundane reasons, I make sure I also have a low quality pad of paper from the dollar store.

Same here.  Dollar store or my Mother.  She tends to get note pads through charities or the veterans associations, et al.  They just mail them to her.  She just asks if I want them and of course I say yes.  I have too many, but that is not a bad thing.

I'm old fashioned and make a lot of notes.  If anyone would see what I have taped on my desk or the wall they would think I was insane.  I go through post-it notes like toilet paper.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 01:14:52 PM »
Let's talk pens.  This brand and type is my basic 'everyday use' choice:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 01:24:38 PM »
Does this paper accept real ink from a real fountain pen such as a Parker Duofold?

Merry Christmas

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2021, 01:31:29 PM »
Was that the only option available when you ordered?  I checked out the website.  I also clicked on the 'buy online' tab.  I immediately had a flashback.  The first seller listed was from a company in Virginia that didn't hire me.  Three interviews!  That stung because I thought I was a shoo-in and it was my chance to get out of the food biz.  I digress...

There is an Office Max near by that's going out of business.  Paper products 50% off.  Cha Ching!!!!!

Cha Ching!!!  Indeed!  A while back I was in an Office Max and was surprised at some of the interesting selections of drawing paper they had in stock. I bought a good sketchbook, but I don't recall how it was spelled. I will find it.

Regarding your question, the A5 Rhodia was not the only size option available, and Dick Blick usually has good prices.

https://www.dickblick.com/products/rhodia-orange-notepads/

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2021, 02:22:51 PM »
Does this paper accept real ink from a real fountain pen such as a Parker Duofold?

Unfortunately, Juan, I don't have a pen like that to personally test it.

Maybe this review of fountain ink on Rhodia paper will prove compelling.

https://fountainpenlove.com/reviews/rhodia-dot-pad-review/

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2021, 07:14:50 PM »

I located the sketch paper book from Office Max.

BIENFANG
8.5 in x 5.5 in
Made in Canada
80 lb
Acid free
Medium surface
100 sheets

I've used it for drawing with color pencils, ink, and regular black/gray pencils. If you see it at 50% off, it's hard to go wrong,

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2021, 09:31:38 PM »
I located the sketch paper book from Office Max.

BIENFANG
8.5 in x 5.5 in
Made in Canada
80 lb
Acid free
Medium surface
100 sheets

I've used it for drawing with color pencils, ink, and regular black/gray pencils. If you see it at 50% off, it's hard to go wrong,

I wish I had the artistic ability to draw or sketch.  Alas I do not.  Nonetheless I would buy that at a discount.

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2021, 07:16:53 AM »
I'm old fashioned and make a lot of notes.  If anyone would see what I have taped on my desk or the wall they would think I was insane.  I go through post-it notes like toilet paper.

@ShayP

I sympathize...

I usually get the off brand variety. Lately got frustrated that the "sticky" pads were less than.

I went full blown against my deal-seeking nature and ordered a brick of Super Sticky brand name Post-it notes:

Purple
Paper
Post-it
Pads

They were delayed, but soon, very soon, it will appear as though I am living inside a deranged blotter paper sculpture organism.

Oh, yes. Then they will pay. Everything those people said about me. How they betrayed me so! At their fancy parties in their fancy clothes, complaining about their fancy cars. They will be sorry! They will know the true meaning of regret! I will have documented every incident on paper! Every transgression will have I! As they slurp their caviar and guzzle their champagne!

They ...... they ...... they ......

(cough)

I should have the pads by Thursday.