Author Topic: Classical Music  (Read 4375 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Classical Music
« on: March 04, 2022, 11:11:07 PM »
Seems like these days mostly all I have been listening to is either rock hard Rock or Classical. I thought it would be nice to have a Classical thread where people could share some of their favorites but without mixing it in with all that nasty rock n roll. I've posted this before but it really is the perfect rendition of a classic Classical. I hope other Classical music lovers post some of their favorites too

Ravel's Bolero conducted by Tomomi Nishimoto
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Karl August Drews
Re: Classical Music
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 02:30:11 AM »

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 02:38:33 AM »

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 06:36:57 AM »
I’m streaming the public radio station in Houston now which is playing Debussy.  I haven’t listened to this station before.  Usually KUSC or WQXR.
Merry Christmas

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 09:32:54 AM »
Of course. The classy guys show up. Beautiful complex men like beautiful complex music. Speaking of which...
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 09:36:13 AM »

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 09:38:02 AM »
This is so beautiful and complex. Of course it's Bach. I have a weak spot for Baroque music. All you amazing guitarists who post here. Do you think this is as difficult as it looks/sounds?

J. S. Bach - Lute Suite in E Major - Evangelina Mascardi, Baroque Lute

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 09:38:51 AM »
Seems like these days mostly all I have been listening to is either rock hard Rock or Classical.

Why choose just one?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 09:53:54 AM »
Not me, Majordomo of Mash-Ups. The best recipes don't consist of one ingredient

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 09:57:46 AM »

Toccata and Fugue in D minor by J.S. Bach

See? Bach! Awesome! Sounds like the Openings of the Pit of Hell. Apt for this movie

I see your Toccata and Fugue in D minor and raise you Fugue in G minor

"Fugue" means to follow or some such. What I love about Baroque is the basic tune is laid down then with variations that chase each other around

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2022, 09:57:56 AM »
This is so beautiful and complex. Of course it's Bach. I have a weak spot for Baroque music. All you amazing guitarists who post here. Do you think this is as difficult as it looks/sounds?

She is a string size queen.
Look what this nerd does with only 4 strings.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2022, 11:07:48 AM »

So beautiful. Like a dream. The artistry with the music and the paintings is Romance. Idealized during Tsarist Russia and so representative of our Rikki

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2022, 11:16:34 AM »
She is a string size queen.
Look what this nerd does with only 4 strings.

That was great. Who knew you could do that with a bass guitar. Very cool Bart

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2022, 11:30:50 AM »
I hope people - or other beings. We're not judgey. - Continue to post here and comment on their posting or others postings. Maybe other stuff besides pure Classical you like.

@PB   I was looking for "What's Opera, Doc?" but seems locked down. You have to basically buy it or can only show pieces from what I could find in my limited search. How many of us were first introduced to Classical Music: Looney Tunes. It's on Vimeo but I refuse to pay. Capitalist Pigs. Here's a couple of clips

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2022, 12:09:23 PM »
First heard Shostakovich Symphony Nos11 in Carl Sagan’s Cosmos. This and Holst’s “Planets” had to be a major inspiration for John Williams Star Wars suite.

Shostakovich Symphony Nos11 really takes some time to get going but has some great intensity.

Or if you have AppleMusic this BSO version is the best quality version I’ve been able to find.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login