Author Topic: Classical Music  (Read 4295 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Classical Music
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2022, 12:16:41 PM »
Of course. The classy guys show up. Beautiful complex men like beautiful complex music. Speaking of which...

So I guess us creepy guys can't show up and defile your classy thread with the best of the best: Walter Scholz?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2022, 12:34:01 PM »
Why choose just one?

Let a rocker teach you about Vivaldi.

Are we having fun yet?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2022, 12:41:56 PM »
So beautiful. Like a dream. The artistry with the music and the paintings is Romance. Idealized during Tsarist Russia and so representative of our Rikki

Oh. I'd take a magic carpet ride with you anytime, @TigerLily

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2022, 01:54:40 PM »
... How many of us were first introduced to Classical Music: Looney Tunes...

This one made it to #1 on the Billboard Top 100 in the disco era (1976)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2022, 01:58:26 PM »

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2022, 02:41:19 PM »
One of my groups is working on a brass arrangement of this.  It seems to me to be odd for BCh.
Merry Christmas

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2022, 03:36:10 PM »
Produced by Rick Rubin, Mick Jagger's Wandering Spirit (1993) album had this track I really liked: Angel In My Heart.  One can imagine Mick time traveling to a classical and/or baroque era - with a battery powered clavinet in tow - to brainstorm with period musicians, then reporting back to Rubin: "Mission accomplished, Rick. The song wrote itself. Oh, and I brought back a whalebone corset for your favorite dominatrix."

The reverse work at around 1:50 represents modern techniques, while
the negative space / pause / interval at 2:36  allows for a dying  resonance echo that is  damned effective and timeless and universal. Or maybe I'm just a soft touch at heart.

It was a solid cohesive album, but this track was dissimilar to the others, but still fit, as a sort of bonus or significant  change of the project's musical point of view.

I still dig it. 

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2022, 03:45:02 PM »
Growing up I wasn’t exposed to much classical music. The only instrument I ever took lessons on was the accordion. I don’t remember ever being asked to learn classical music, mostly polkas, and a few Americana songs like As the caissons go rolling along and Camptown Races. We only had 2 records ( 78s) that resembled classical music. Peter and the Wolf (Prokofiev's Soviet propaganda) and Victory at Sea. (Rodgers/Bennett). I can almost remember my mother taking me to some type stage symphony performance of Peter and the wolf. I must have enjoyed it because Ie listened to that recording often. In fact I still have it. I’ll leave this here as a treat for @TigerLily just because.

Victory at sea was an excellent documentary of the sea battles from World War II. @Walks_At_Night it appears the episodes are all still available.

My father loved it. I remember that and wrestling as the two things he would actually sit down and watch.
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2022, 04:14:36 PM »
Sometime in the mid 80’s I began to develop a real appreciation for classical music. I think Rick Waksman’s story albums helped wet my appetite for symphonic music. Then one day I saw a documentary on Zubin Mehta and a symphony doing a rehearsal for Bolero. I was immediately taken in by the complexities of the music and the emotions it could bring to the surface. 

I had no idea who Zubin Mehta was other than some dude Frank Zappa made some obscure reference to in a Mothers song called Billy the Mountain… “ Oh) Now, some folks say he looked like (he was like, he was like) ZUBIN MEHTA (Zubin Mehta); still others say (others say he), bullshit, honey (bullshit, man) he's just another greasy guy who happened to be born next to the Frozen Beef Pies at BONEY'S MARKET. (Others say he was just a, just a) Still others say, John, piss on you, Jack! (crazy Italian) He's just a crazy Italian who drove a RED CAR. You see (nobody knows for sure 'cause he was so), nobody ever really knew for sure, because STUDEBAKER was so-o-o-o-o-o mysterious (mysterious)....”

CDs were just coming out and someplace I found a collection of 300 CDs filled with classical music for something like $400. I bought the set and bought my first CD player for my stereo. I couldn’t find the whole documentary but this might be part of it.

I’ve grown to like a lot of classical music but Bolero is probably my favorite. 

Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2022, 02:51:17 AM »
"she was one weird vaginal slit" - Jay

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2022, 08:57:13 AM »

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2022, 09:15:30 AM »
"she was one weird vaginal slit" - Jay
I was going to post Kat's Beethoven's 5th but decided to go a different direction

Jay can suck your frontal teensy protuberance; I don't want him anywhere near me
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2022, 10:02:34 AM »
Brass never gets much love but where would we be without the fanfare?
Though the word may be onomatopoeic, it is also possible that it is derived from the Arabic word fanfáre ("trumpets"). The word is first found in 1546 in French, and in English in 1605, but it was not until the 19th century that it acquired its present meaning of a brief ceremonial flourish for brass.

This one goes out to @JUAN  You should demand a fanfare every time you enter a room

"Grand Fanfare"  Giancarlo Castro D'Addona
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2022, 12:23:09 PM »

Jay can suck your frontal teensy protuberance; I don't want him anywhere near me
Jay. AKA  'Oh, That guy!" Had the best show on Sirius. Ever. I ran his board, JayGab  ;D  You wouldn't have tolerated all the silliness. We even had a 'Nominate A Cunt' thread for the members to place before the boards consideration as 'This Months Cunt award goes to..' Nice stuff.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2022, 04:42:53 PM »
Wow, over a page and no 1812 overture and only one Bugs Bunny reference, bravo!