Author Topic: Take the Girl out of the Grunge  (Read 32925 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Take the Girl out of the Grunge
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2022, 12:44:28 PM »
You have my permission to post Mother Love Bone videos. There's a good boy
No. They do not fit. Think about it. Don't open the floodgates.

And yes, Tooth N' Nail (the song) is incredible. The epic lead, and the slick, cool approach of vocalist Double D! Whatta' tune!

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2022, 02:36:23 PM »
No hoots from me Mr. Muscle. Led Zeppelin are the Gods of Music who laid down the foundation from Olympus for others to follow but never master. They will never be old and decrepit and never die. They have stamped their immortality in rock and will live forever

Oops.  Sorry for posting it, then.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2022, 02:48:21 PM »

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2022, 06:12:34 PM »
Oops.  Sorry for posting it, then.

I meant that as a positive reaction not a negative. @HamsterMuscle Couldn't you tell from my glowing superlatives? In other words. I liked it
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2022, 06:15:18 PM »
No. They do not fit. Think about it. Don't open the floodgates.

And yes, Tooth N' Nail (the song) is incredible. The epic lead, and the slick, cool approach of vocalist Double D! Whatta' tune!

Fine. Don't post it.  Whatta' tune indeed!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2022, 06:33:50 PM »
I meant that as a positive reaction not a negative. @HamsterMuscle Couldn't you tell from my glowing super laxatives In other words. I liked it
Huh?  There you go, Lily. Shitting up your own thread.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2022, 09:02:57 PM »
I meant that as a positive reaction not a negative. @HamsterMuscle Couldn't you tell from my glowing superlatives? In other words. I liked it

Yes, sweet cheeks, I know that. I thought that the purpose of this thread was to introduce you to music that is new to you, and you certainly seem to know Led Zeppelin.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2022, 11:07:27 PM »
Huh?  There you go, Lily. Shitting up your own thread.

Look, Asshat. This is my thread. If I want to pay homage to Led Zep as the granddaddy of all hard rock that's fine. And so what if I heard of Mother Love Bone. We were having a conversation. Throwing in a cut would have been appropriate if I say so. Fucking Nazi. Go moderate Rikki
Now would any of you other gentlemen like to make a suggestion for hard rock or metal?  Next up is ...
Headstones
Iron Maiden

Why did this have to get contentious? I want it something fun

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2022, 11:34:15 PM »
Look, Asshat. This is my thread. If I want to pay homage to Led Zep as the granddaddy of all hard rock that's fine. And so what if I heard of Mother Love Bone. We were having a conversation. Throwing in a cut would have been appropriate if I say so. Fucking Nazi. Go moderate Rikki
Now would any of you other gentlemen like to make a suggestion for hard rock or metal?  Next up is ...
Headstones
Iron Maiden

He told a joke about your thread, and you stormed the stage and gave him such a smack.

The parallels are eerie.  Will there be a tearful, rambling apology about wanting to be a river for your people?

That reminds me of my favorite euphemism for anal sex: "Traveling up the Eerie Canal."

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2022, 12:13:31 AM »
Headstones
Iron Maiden

Nazareth (where Guns N Roses got Hair of the dog), Humble Pie (where Frampton got his start) and one of my favorites at the time, Uriah Heep (Stealin’ from the Sweet Freedom album is great as long as you aren’t THE rancher) don’t get much air play but they are all solid as rock bands. They were all English/Scottish rock bands heavily influenced by the Stones and Beatles and their work influenced a lot of other hard rock and early metal bands.

Listen to some of the Rick Wakeman story albums. These don’t get airplay at all because of the length of their songs and fusion of rock with and symphonies/choirs. Journey to the Center of the Earth, Six Wives of Henry the Eighth and King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table kept my attention for years. JTTCOTE is still one of my favorite albums.

Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2022, 12:37:36 AM »
He told a joke about your thread, and you stormed the stage and gave him such a smack.

The parallels are eerie.  Will there be a tearful, rambling apology about wanting to be a river for your people?

That reminds me of my favorite euphemism for anal sex: "Traveling up the Eerie Canal."

Are we having fun yet?

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2022, 12:42:52 AM »
I don't think that anyone has mentioned these guys yet.

eature=oembed

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2022, 12:54:45 AM »
This song is dedicated to KSM.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2022, 01:04:52 AM »
This is my favorite version of this song by Nena

But this one is the English version released a year later. The lyrics aren’t quite as simple as in the German version.

I found it interesting all the recent comments on both of these videos from 83/84.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2022, 09:16:02 AM »
Headstones
Iron Maiden

Asshat, huh.

Trying to save your thread before it winds up packed with content other than what you were soliciting IN THE FIRST PLACE! You were quite specific, remember? And BTW you wouldn't have realized a second page if not for me, and you know it!  It's ruined now.

NENA?? REally?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login