Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 118844 times)

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #825 on: July 25, 2022, 11:33:57 PM »
Chicago Mayor Proposes $2.2 Billion Plan to Entice NFL Team to Stay; Bears Moving On to Safer Suburb

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chicago-mayor-proposes-2-2-billion-plan-to-entice-nfl-team-to-stay-bears-moving-on-to-safer-suburb

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #826 on: July 25, 2022, 11:38:23 PM »
Chicago Mayor Proposes $2.2 Billion Plan to Entice NFL Team to Stay; Bears Moving On to Safer Suburb

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chicago-mayor-proposes-2-2-billion-plan-to-entice-nfl-team-to-stay-bears-moving-on-to-safer-suburb

Why not just threaten to shoot 'em if they leave?

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #827 on: July 25, 2022, 11:47:21 PM »

They are leaving and NEVER coming back.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #828 on: July 26, 2022, 03:06:35 AM »
Heh, Chicago… get shot if you leave, get shot if you stay.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #829 on: July 26, 2022, 07:17:06 AM »
I hope that the team has the legal grounds to leave early.

Chicago seems like one of those cities where the prosecutor has probably changed the definition of gun violence so that somebody must be shot three or four times before it counts.
Eh, nevermind...

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #830 on: August 03, 2022, 01:38:03 PM »

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #831 on: August 03, 2022, 03:19:30 PM »
NFL appeals 6-game suspension for Browns quarterback Watson

https://apnews.com/article/houston-texans-cleveland-browns-nfl-sports-deshaun-watson-8b100c2eda95d64fb5555a4606329c1d

This one lands squarely on the shoulders of the NFL.  The only punishment that the Judge could render was suspension.  In deciding on the length of suspension, the judge looked at precedence -- prior suspensions.  The league was asking for a full year, or 17 games.  The judge found three suspensions of eight games per more in the history of the league.  Two of those were for eight games, "one for multiple incidents of domestic violence and the second for the assault of multiple victims." The third was for 10 games, after the player pleaded guilty to battery following cases of domestic violence.

In light of this, Watson should be suspended for a full year for flashing his pecker and engaging in a few money shots?  Come on.

The NFL has played pattycake with their anti-violence policy for years, and now it has come back to bite them.  Fuck the NFL.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #832 on: August 04, 2022, 08:51:33 PM »
Under the current CBA, player discipline is determined by an independent disciplinary officer.  That was Robinson, in the Watson case.  The NFL and the NFLPA each can appeal that officer's ruling, which the NFL has now done. 

This is where things go to shit, because the CBA states that the appeal goes to Goodell (or his designate) and the ruling on that appeal will be totally binding.  Meaning that the officer's ruling is just a suggestion that can be thrown out and replaced by the NFL at will. 

And the delicious part of this is that Robinson looked to precedent when suspending Watson for only six games.  The NFL and the NFLPA agreed that the previous method for enforcing personal conduct policy wasn't working, so they came up with a new system, only to watch as the first goddamn case through that new system was judged on precedent set by the decisions made under the old, supposedly inferior system. 

And now Goodell gets to decide, and if he decides to do what the league wants (AND WHY OH WHY WOULD HE EVER WANT TO DO THAT), he will be saying that the judge fucked up by lending too much merit to every single decision on player discipline he's ever made in the past.   

Fuck the NFL with a deflated football.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #833 on: August 05, 2022, 09:51:03 AM »
Clearly the jaguars still suck
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #834 on: August 05, 2022, 03:32:49 PM »
To hell with the NFL. Bring on college ball!

https://fbschedules.com/college-football-schedule/

Hell, I’ll even watch the Cornhuskers vs. the Wildcats playing in Dublin.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #835 on: August 05, 2022, 04:45:19 PM »
Clearly the jaguars still suck

Only an exhibition game JUAN.  I think they might surprise this year.   At least make progress.  They were 3-14 last year and I believe they will be 8-9 this year.  10-7 would not surprise me.  The offense should be dynamic.  The defense looks a little sketchy though.

Sleeps_At_Night

• KIDD
  • Back in my day, we knew..
« Reply #836 on: August 08, 2022, 03:29:03 PM »
Only an exhibition game JUAN.  I think they might surprise this year.   At least make progress.  They were 3-14 last year and I believe they will be 8-9 this year.  10-7 would not surprise me.  The offense should be dynamic.  The defense looks a little sketchy though.

Well..

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

@ShayP

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #837 on: August 09, 2022, 09:31:58 AM »
4.6 BILLION dollars for...  The Denver Broncos.

Huh?

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
NFL Team Regular Schedules by Time Zone
« Reply #838 on: August 20, 2022, 12:22:10 PM »
Pick the team, and then pick the time zone.

https://templatetrove.com/Schedules.htm

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #839 on: August 20, 2022, 07:22:06 PM »
I wonder how people are going to react when these Amazon Prime Video start coming up. Everyone seems to be very used to having some TV option for their games.