Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797199 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #795 on: April 12, 2019, 11:12:01 AM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #796 on: April 12, 2019, 02:15:51 PM »
While out for my best friends wife's birthday dinner on Tuesday night I boasted about being invincible and never getting sick ETC. Woke up Wednesday morning with a cold/cough flu like virus that is expected to have me completely out of commission for up to ten days. Two jobs cancelled = -$$$$ and will now be stuck on the couch in misery while the sun shines and the birds sing as glorious life continues for everybody but.. :'(

#MortalHuman #GotWhatIDeserved

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #797 on: April 12, 2019, 06:23:03 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Whats it?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #798 on: April 12, 2019, 06:23:39 PM »
While out for my best friends wife's birthday dinner on Tuesday night I boasted about being invincible and never getting sick ETC. Woke up Wednesday morning with a cold/cough flu like virus that is expected to have me completely out of commission for up to ten days. Two jobs cancelled = -$$$$ and will now be stuck on the couch in misery while the sun shines and the birds sing as glorious life continues for everybody but.. :'(

Tissues with lotion in them are nice

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #799 on: April 13, 2019, 09:38:19 AM »

Not being superstitious, but...I think your avatar change may have been contributory. :o

Might go back to the speed bags for a karma +?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #800 on: April 13, 2019, 08:33:40 PM »
Not being superstitious, but...I think your avatar change may have been contributory. :o

Might go back to the speed bags for a karma +?
I throw the pouting crying boy up whenever I'm down with a "cold" so he doesn't make an appearance very often. Being that I am well on the mend I'll tuck him in and let em' sleep until next I'm sick. I haven't straight punched, side punched, hook punched or elbowed my bags for five days now. Getting a little irritated to say the least. >:(

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #801 on: April 14, 2019, 08:39:59 AM »
I throw the pouting crying boy up whenever I'm down with a "cold" so he doesn't make an appearance very often. Being that I am well on the mend I'll tuck him in and let em' sleep until next I'm sick. I haven't straight punched, side punched, hook punched or elbowed my bags for five days now. Getting a little irritated to say the least. >:(
I can just imagine, nice spread, sweet Telecaster Thinline, C Crane radio, bullwhip...but that bolt action, not a Mauser is it?

Seriously that is one sweet man cave! ;D

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #802 on: April 14, 2019, 11:29:01 AM »
strawberries, 36 lbs of them.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #803 on: April 14, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »
I can just imagine, nice spread, sweet Telecaster Thinline, C Crane radio, bullwhip...but that bolt action, not a Mauser is it?

Seriously that is one sweet man cave! ;D
The U-bolt is a Forza Hypersonic Swivel (very fast) But that only accounts for a small percentage of serious baggin'. The real action takes place on a Ball Hook swivel that is omni directional (see main platform)

#SpeedBagBible
#AlanKahn

We really should have a man cave thread.  ;D :D

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #804 on: April 14, 2019, 08:03:16 PM »
strawberries, 36 lbs of them.

@wr250 Those are stunning! A fantastic additive in protein shakes with yogurt and a few other things. However, best enjoyed as shown in your pictures :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #805 on: April 15, 2019, 09:17:06 AM »
The U-bolt is a Forza Hypersonic Swivel (very fast) But that only accounts for a small percentage of serious baggin'. The real action takes place on a Ball Hook swivel that is omni directional (see main platform)

#SpeedBagBible
#AlanKahn

We really should have a man cave thread.  ;D :D

+111111!!!!

We do and you just won the prize! ;D

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #806 on: April 17, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »
Dead isn't really "dead"...

https://www.foxnews.com/science/when-you-die-you-know-youre-dead-because-your-brain-keeps-working-scientist-claims
We know we are dead when we die because our brains keep working to make us aware of what's happening around us, haunting new research suggests.

Top medical experts have forever been at loggerheads over what happens when humans die, with anecdotal evidence of bright lights and flashes reported by people who have 'come back' being the cause of much debate.

However, a new study suggests your consciousness carries on functioning after your heart stops beating and your body movements fail.

This means you are essentially 'trapped' inside your dead body with your brain still working, if only for a short time.

Survivors of cardiac arrest were aware of what was going on around them while they were 'dead' before being 'brought back to life', the study revealed.

More surprising still, there is evidence to suggest the deceased may even hear themselves being pronounced dead by doctors.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Are we having fun yet?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #808 on: April 17, 2019, 12:35:13 PM »
Especially in men.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/04/17/714289322/scientists-restore-some-function-in-the-brains-of-dead-pigs

A fascinating read, the law of unintended consequences comes swiftly into play:

Research like this could complicate the effort to secure organs for transplant from people who have been declared brain-dead, according to another commentary written by Case Western Reserve University bioethicists Stuart Youngner and Insoo Hyun.

If people who are declared brain-dead could become candidates for attempts at brain resuscitation, they write, "it could become harder for physicians or family members to be convinced that further medical intervention is futile."

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #809 on: April 17, 2019, 05:48:50 PM »
Dead isn't really "dead"...  *snip*
More surprising still, there is evidence to suggest the deceased may even hear themselves being pronounced dead by doctors.[/i]

That's just horrible. I want no part of it. That's that, I'm not doing it.