Author Topic: TV Series Binge Watching  (Read 21192 times)

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
Re: TV Series Binge Watching: DB COOPER
« Reply #255 on: July 17, 2022, 08:39:09 PM »
For those who like the true crime - cold case files, Netflix has the docuseries Where Are You DB Cooper

Originally in movie format they have it broken down into four parts. An easy one-day binge. The movie is close to three hours long, but I liked having it in segments just as well. IMO they could have condensed the thing down to a great 90-minute movie or three-part series because they really try to get a lot of unnecessary mileage out of some parts.

If you have not seen it, but plan to watch it, you not want to scroll down. It IS worth the watch though. However, one time is enough.

Episode 1. Great! Well done, and it sucks you right in.
Episode 2. Great as well. They have a definite candidate, and the guy is alive and well at the time this investigation took place. 2013
Episode 3. More of episode two. This is bloat. Not needed but it's,  ok.
Episode 4. Very good! However, they seem to be off about the main suspect and begin focusing on a Canadian fighter pilot who also fit the profile very well.

....................and then..............

SPOILER

What's the takeaway? NOTHING! Nobody agrees and nothing is 100% nailed down. If anything, things are narrowed down to just the possible two suspects covered in episodes 2,3,and 4 where the fighter pilot comes in.

In short: No real answers and nobody is happy, you may feel a tad ripped off as you want you day back.

I ditched Netflix a few months back, so I haven't seen this new series.  I am a student of the Cooper skyjack, however, and have been active in the "citizen slueth" community seeking to solve the case. 

Your mention of the RCAF fighter pilot is a bit confusing.  Are you talking about an actual suspect or about the fictional RCAF fighter pilot "Dan Cooper" from the French/Belgium comic book of the same name? Many suspect the skyjacker took his name from the comic book character, especially since a couple of the comic story lines included elements used in the crime.  I don't feel strongly either way as to whether the comic played a part in the skyjacking, but must admit there are a number of synchronizes that are different to ignore.

If you are interested in the Cooper case, I recommend you listen to the "Cooper Vortex" podcast.  It's hosted by a young guy named Darren Schaefer, and last I checked was up to over 60 episodes.  Everybody who's anybody in the "Vortex" has been on the show, including recently retired FBI case agent Larry Carr.  A few of the guests are off their nuts, but overall they are really knowledge.

Chefist

• Elluminati
  • BITCH! GOODBYE!
« Reply #256 on: July 17, 2022, 08:45:53 PM »
I ditched Netflix a few months back, so I haven't seen this new series.  I am a student of the Cooper skyjack, however, and have been active in the "citizen slueth" community seeking to solve the case. 

Your mention of the RCAF fighter pilot is a bit confusing.  Are you talking about an actual suspect or about the fictional RCAF fighter pilot "Dan Cooper" from the French/Belgium comic book of the same name? Many suspect the skyjacker took his name from the comic book character, especially since a couple of the comic story lines included elements used in the crime.  I don't feel strongly either way as to whether the comic played a part in the skyjacking, but must admit there are a number of synchronizes that are different to ignore.

If you are interested in the Cooper case, I recommend you listen to the "Cooper Vortex" podcast.  It's hosted by a young guy named Darren Schaefer, and last I checked was up to over 60 episodes.  Everybody who's anybody in the "Vortex" has been on the show, including recently retired FBI case agent Larry Carr.  A few of the guests are off their nuts, but overall they are really knowledge.

I enjoyed the show...bitch slapped ideologues, but informed on facts not commonly known. I'd recommend a watch!
"I am not a stupid man!." - George Senda

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #257 on: July 17, 2022, 09:01:42 PM »
I enjoyed the show...bitch slapped ideologues, but informed on facts not commonly known. I'd recommend a watch!

The problem I have with the various documentaries/books on the Cooper case is so many of them are produced to champion a specific suspect as the hijacker. They work long and hard to build a case to support their guy, but conveniently ignore evidence that would eliminate that guy almost immediately. 

There is a YouTuber (and pilot/parachutist) by the name of Gryder who recently did a two parter where he identifies his guy as Cooper, except he completely ignores documented evidence and first person testimony of the NWO stew who sat next to Cooper for most of the ordeal.  Gryder's videos are entertaining, but total unconvincing to anyone with a working knowledge of the case.

HamsterMuscle

• Elluminati
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #258 on: July 17, 2022, 10:14:29 PM »
The problem I have with the various documentaries/books on the Cooper case is so many of them are produced to champion a specific suspect as the hijacker. They work long and hard to build a case to support their guy, but conveniently ignore evidence that would eliminate that guy almost immediately. 

^^^ THIS

You can say this about almost every single "unsolved mystery" or conspiracy theory that anyone is producing a movie, tv show, or book about.  It isn't about trying to solve the matter.  It's about making money and dick-measuring about having "solved" the case.

KSM

• Annoying Prick
  • Ellevated
« Reply #259 on: July 17, 2022, 11:06:13 PM »

Your mention of the RCAF fighter pilot is a bit confusing.  Are you talking about an actual suspect or about the fictional RCAF fighter pilot "Dan Cooper" from the French/Belgium comic book of the same name?

Both. The suspect, or candidate, in this case went with the inspired identity of Dan Cooper the comic book character. And being that he had all the necessary training to pull off such a heist, he fit the bill quite well. He was also said to have requested that the 200K be in "American currency"   This would perhaps suggest that his native currency was not American.  Who knows? They sure as hell don't.
7&1

HamsterMuscle

• Elluminati
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #260 on: July 17, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »
Both. The suspect, or candidate, in this case went with the inspired identity of Dan Cooper the comic book character. And being that he had all the necessary training to pull off such a heist, he fit the bill quite well. He was also said to have requested that the 200K be in "American currency"   This would perhaps suggest that his native currency was not American.  Who knows? They sure as hell don't.

Are you SURE that it wasn't Falkie?  He was much thinner back then, says he.

Dan Cooper the comic book character.

The BELGIAN comic book character.  @PB is Belgian.  After fifty years, it is all coming together.

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2022, 05:20:44 AM »

And yet as far as I have been able to tell, no Cooper researchers have bothered to seek case documents from either the RCMP or Interpol.  Also worth noting the stew who sat next to and talked to him for the majority of the hijacking told the FBI Cooper had no discernible accent.  If he was a fan of the Dan Cooper comic book, he'd have needed to be able to read French, however.

I personally think the guy was a then current or then recently former member of one of the FFL parachute regiment.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2022, 06:25:13 AM »
Also worth noting the stew who sat next to and talked to him for the majority of the hijacking told the FBI Cooper had no discernible accent.  If he was a fan of the Dan Cooper comic book, he'd have needed to be able to read French, however.

That narrows it down to Alex Trebek and a few million other people that can read French and speak English with no discernible accent.

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2022, 07:23:37 AM »
That narrows it down to Alex Trebek and a few million other people that can read French and speak English with no discernible accent.

Probably, but as I said earlier I'm not convinced the comic book is part of the Cooper equation.  I know the FBI gave the comic almost no relevance.  So that means Trebek is joined in the suspect pool by the likes of Wink Martindale, Chuck Woolery, and Jack Narz.

Zetaspeak

• Drone Pilot
Re: TV Series Binge Watching
« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2022, 04:12:04 PM »
@Zetaspeak
I see that advertised heavily.  Looks fun, is it?

Huge Martin Short fan so was super happy to see him. It was a fun murder mystery show with a good top 3 main cast.

Up All Night

• Ellightened
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2022, 07:40:48 AM »
I watched "The Safe House" on Tubi (Roku).

No one is safe.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #266 on: July 30, 2022, 12:10:11 PM »
In spite of Selena Gomez's relationship with Justin bieber, I think she is a beautiful woman and she has gotten better looking as she has gained some weight and aged. I don't think she's a good actress though after watching the first episode of Murders...
Eh, nevermind...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

bateman

• Elluminati
  • 'SCUE ME
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2022, 02:59:02 PM »

This is fucking fantastic.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2022, 04:17:46 PM »

This is fucking fantastic.

I thought he was canceled. Isn't he part of some dangerous religious group or something? How could Amazon let anybody that doesn't believe like them on their streaming service?
Eh, nevermind...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login