Author Topic: Pyramids  (Read 4396 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Pyramids
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:14:21 AM »
Someone did a tv show on this. History Channel? It was interesting and seemed plausible.
Merry Christmas

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 04:57:17 PM »
Someone did a tv show on this. History Channel? It was interesting and seemed plausible.
Norry's guest last night William Henry, a "investigative mythologist" and expert in "ascension," sort of dismissed this find and theory and Norry muttered something like "I don't buy it."

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »
Norry's guest last night William Henry, a "investigative mythologist" and expert in "ascension," sort of dismissed this find and theory and Norry muttered something like "I don't buy it."
It must be true, then.
Merry Christmas

albrecht

• Ellightened
Anthony&Cleopatra tomb found? - Hawass
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/antony-cleopatras-long-lost-tomb-13886561 

""The long-lost tomb of Antony and Cleopatra will be eventually uncovered.  "The burial site has been finally estimated to be in the region of Taposiris Magna, 30km (18 miles) away from Alexandria," Egyptian archaeologist Zahi Hawass said."

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 02:40:23 PM »
The guests name escapes me but he was on C2C back in 97ish W/ Barbara Simpson filling in. One of his educated theories was that the great pyramid was essentially a brewery. Serious. I like beer but that's a hell of a lot to go through for a cold one.. or warm one.

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: Anthoy&Cleopatra Tomb found?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »
The guests name escapes me but he was on C2C back in 97ish W/ Barbara Simpson filling in. One of his educated theories was that the great pyramid was essentially a brewery. Serious. I like beer but that's a hell of a lot to go through for a cold one.. or warm one.

Yeah, I think there would simpler methods of making a brewery to enjoy some beer.  There is a frequent caller on C2C who claims she is Cleopatra reincarnated. I wonder how she will take this latest news from Hawass? I hope he comes on a show and she calls in....

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 05:57:53 PM »

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 10:28:56 PM »
People are saying they were cast in place, which makes a lot of sense.

exactly what i thought while touring the various quarries in Giza.  ::)

;)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »

;)

The stone blocks themselves were cast in place?

Do they have any evidence of being a conglomerate with a mortar component as opposed to being quarry rock?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_quarries_of_ancient_Egypt

The stone quarries of ancient Egypt once produced quality stone for the construction of decorative monuments such as sculptures and obelisks. These quarries are now recognised archaeological sites. Eighty percent of the ancient quarry sites are in the Nile valley; some of them have disappeared under the waters of Lake Nasser and some others were lost due to modern mining activity.

Some of the sites are well identified and the chemical composition of their stones is also well known, allowing the geographical origin of most of the monuments to be traced using petrographic techniques, including neutron activation analysis.

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 02:57:58 PM »
The stone blocks themselves were cast in place?

Do they have any evidence of being a conglomerate with a mortar component as opposed to being quarry rock?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_quarries_of_ancient_Egypt

The stone quarries of ancient Egypt once produced quality stone for the construction of decorative monuments such as sculptures and obelisks. These quarries are now recognised archaeological sites. Eighty percent of the ancient quarry sites are in the Nile valley; some of them have disappeared under the waters of Lake Nasser and some others were lost due to modern mining activity.

Some of the sites are well identified and the chemical composition of their stones is also well known, allowing the geographical origin of most of the monuments to be traced using petrographic techniques, including neutron activation analysis.

Quote from: Sofia on April 17, 2019, 07:57:53 PM
People are saying they were cast in place, which makes a lot of sense.

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen April 18, 2019, 12:28:56 AM

;)

i was mocking the idea that they were cast.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 03:54:41 PM »
Sorry, baleful Zira glance apropos...

That said, there is a lot more of mystery there than is known.

Just ask Dr. Hawas...

::)

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »
Sorry, baleful Zira glance apropos...

That said, there is a lot more of mystery there than is known.

Just ask Dr. Hawas...

::)

almost certainly.
i figure you don't plan on building the tallest structure in the known world (at the time) without a means of or developing the means to carry the plan out. at the very least, the transport of limestone has documentation from the time of the Great Pyramid construction to have traveled from Tura to Giza via waterways.
i'll tell you this... when you look at these structures with your own eyes, you tend to want to dig a bit deeper into their construction. ancient engineers were brilliant.

did you know you can build a boat out of Egyptian paper and sail it across the Atlantic Ocean?

8)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »
almost certainly.
i figure you don't plan on building the tallest structure in the known world (at the time) without a means of or developing the means to carry the plan out. at the very least, the transport of limestone has documentation from the time of the Great Pyramid construction to have traveled from Tura to Giza via waterways.
i'll tell you this... when you look at these structures with your own eyes, you tend to want to dig a bit deeper into their construction. ancient engineers were brilliant.

It's the kind of mystery that never disappoints or reveals its true self.

did you know you can build a boat out of Egyptian paper and sail it across the Atlantic Ocean?

8)

I did, big Thor Heyerdal fan back in the day, the burning of the ship was particularly poignant for a Norseman...

[img width=480 height=360]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/0f/08/6a0f0842ad3b5ae562b5fb86622f2895.gif

Or maybe it was Kon Tiki that he burned, regardless, some of the best adventure reading and migration science of that era. Thanks for a great memory there!

Check this out, Kon Tiki was launched in 1947!