Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797288 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #615 on: December 19, 2018, 09:22:59 PM »
I sound like a oldman crank, I'm not, dammit, but how/why are these legal?...

That's an easy one.  Because the city governments get a kickback for allowing them.

Nashville recently joined the grift, after holding out.  Here's one result:

https://www.wsmv.com/news/video-bird-scooter-driver-hit-by-car-in-downtown-nashville/article_616a7652-f74d-11e8-acb1-6f9b5a9d04d6.html   

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #616 on: December 20, 2018, 12:38:05 AM »
Hi all, heading hometonight. Tired! Hope you all are well.

Have a safe trip @anniem
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #617 on: December 20, 2018, 01:21:38 AM »
I sound like a oldman crank, I'm not, dammit, but how/why are these legal? Not even your own vehicle! Are they insured? Who is liable for accidents? How do they make money (cartel money laundering scheme?) They just "appeared" all over. Even in Spokane (of all places) but all over here! First time I saw (I was in Spokane) and thought it was a youtube joke to try to get meth folks to steal for online pranks. Then got back and all over Austin. And they drive them like crazy. Worse than the "wanna-be" Portland bikers. Dodging out of lanes, ditching the things everywhere, drunk, etc.
I saw them, but I didn't know they are.motorized.  OMG.  The last thing we need on streets are motorized scooters as small as skate boards.  That's like having roller skaters in traffic.  Insane.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #618 on: December 20, 2018, 09:34:20 AM »

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #619 on: December 20, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »
Have a safe trip @anniem
two have

Thank you! I am safe at home!  Happily. Hope you are well.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #620 on: December 21, 2018, 12:23:10 AM »

He invented it to get to the top so he could ski down.  But, then, does he leave it at the top or send it down?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #621 on: December 24, 2018, 01:56:32 PM »
Ever wonder why our winter holiday (Christmas) is not celebrated on the solstice?  Turns out it originally was - but over time the date of the solstice moved on the Julian calendar - but not the day Christmas was celebrated. 

Adopting the Gregorian calendar - which required the elimination of a number of days - created the difference in the date the birth of Christ was celebrated between the Eastern Orthodox (Jan 6) and Western Europeans - the difference becoming ''the 12 days of Christmas''

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-weigant/why-christmas-is-not-on-t_b_78191.html 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #622 on: December 24, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
I still haven't grasped the 'mention' feature.  Apparently using "@" before a member's name is beyond my scope at this time.  I will learn though.  I feel a sense of shame.  My mind is riddled with doubts in my abilities to do simple tasks. 

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #623 on: December 24, 2018, 10:07:03 PM »
I still haven't grasped the 'mention' feature.  Apparently using "@" before a member's name is beyond my scope at this time.  I will learn though.  I feel a sense of shame.  My mind is riddled with doubts in my abilities to do simple tasks.

@Aquarius, @ShayP

I only just deduced that the "@" triggered the mention feature, so y'all are not alone. For some odd reason this reminds me of a relay race in grade school when I wasn't just dead last...but i was behind enough that I actually met the other participants coming back in the other direction after they had already turned around and were very much on their way back to the finish line. I was so slow it was laughable!!

I guess what I'm saying, is that for me, this was like one of those times when I'm indeed catching, up but am still really behind lol.

If this doesn't make sense I blame the egg nog

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #624 on: December 24, 2018, 10:58:45 PM »
@Aquarius, @ShayP

If this doesn't make sense I blame the egg nog

Ohhh Reeaally??!!!?? Well guess what, egg nog and his buddies beer and scotch are over at my place now and you won't believe what they're saying about you!! I've tried to reason with them on your behalf but they some disgruntled muthfucka's!!!

@sumethinz new  <---- like that 8)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #625 on: December 26, 2018, 02:30:27 AM »
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #626 on: December 26, 2018, 05:56:04 AM »
Ohhh Reeaally??!!!?? Well guess what, egg nog and his buddies beer and scotch are over at my place now and you won't believe what they're saying about you!! I've tried to reason with them on your behalf but they some disgruntled muthfucka's!!!

Beer and scotch are just mad cos eggnog gets a reach-around and they don't rate. Jealous bitches.

I didn't get a notification email saying I was "mentioned" this time though you used @ at me. Some things are better left unknown

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #627 on: December 28, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »

@ksm32 
I would add two kinds of rum and also some brandy to the mix (with, the bourbon, of course) to make a good eggnog. Coming back from liquor today for 2nd Christmas tomorrow I was in traffic with an AWESOME old Mercury Cougar (could quite get pics,) couldn't place year in passing, but clean, cherry red, big tires in back, and, the most hilarious/best part? A red, same color scheme, "SLAYER" on the back window. Epic!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #628 on: December 28, 2018, 06:47:35 PM »
@ksm32 
I would add two kinds of rum and also some brandy to the mix (with, the bourbon, of course) to make a good eggnog. Coming back from liquor today for 2nd Christmas tomorrow I was in traffic with an AWESOME old Mercury Cougar (could quite get pics,) couldn't place year in passing, but clean, cherry red, big tires in back, and, the most hilarious/best part? A red, same color scheme, "SLAYER" on the back window. Epic!
Shit man, you're describing my dream car. Only thing I'd change based on your description  would be changing slayer to Motorhead! I had a cherry red, heavily chromed out truck only a few years back and I miss it dearly. Yes, dearly.

The eggnog; holy shit my belt is feeling really tight as I refuse to loosen to the next hole. There should be a Christmas weight gain thread. Or probably not.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #629 on: December 28, 2018, 06:52:29 PM »
Shit man, you're describing my dream car. Only thing I'd change based on your description  would be changing slayer to Motorhead! I had a cherry red, heavily chromed out truck only a few years back and I miss it dearly. Yes, dearly.

The eggnog; holy shit my belt is feeling really tight as I refuse to loosen to the next hole. There should be a Christmas weight gain thread. Or probably not.

Not to be crude. BUT after picking up the meat, booze, and such for 2nd Xmas meal and then seeing that Cougar I was almost about to use my Leatherman in the truck console to make my belt a new notch!  @ksm32