Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797667 times)

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2018, 09:03:32 AM »
There were actually two defenestrations of Prague.  In the first, everybody died; in the second, everybody lived.  In both cases, Protestants (or proto-Protestants in the case of the Hussites) pushed Catholics out the windows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestrations_of_Prague

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
I've always wondered if the creator of Dethklok (from Metalocalypse) used Ambrosia as a visual inspiration.   Just think about it...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2018, 08:06:49 AM »
It's 102°C in my apt and it's just as hot outside. I don't have AC.  The only business nearby with AC is a grocery store but I dont want to lurk there. I'm scared of public pools.

I put freezer gel packs in my pockets. I tried to make a swamp cooler thing by hanging up wet sheets. Its not helping.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2018, 10:47:26 AM »
Some birds can talk and carry on conversations to a limited degree. They are descended from dinosaurs. Does that mean some dinosaurs could talk? Hey, Bronte you’re my next meal.
Merry Christmas

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2018, 11:11:44 AM »

Ha!!  Gotta love Merv! ;D
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2018, 11:17:49 AM »
It's 102°C in my apt and it's just as hot outside. I don't have AC.  The only business nearby with AC is a grocery store but I dont want to lurk there. I'm scared of public pools.

I put freezer gel packs in my pockets. I tried to make a swamp cooler thing by hanging up wet sheets. Its not helping.
Is there a Starbucks nearby?  You can always hang out there, post on EllGab, and don't have to buy a thing. ;)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2018, 11:20:57 AM »
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Fast and Bulbous

• KNYE
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2018, 11:36:30 AM »
Is there a Starbucks nearby?  You can always hang out there, post on EllGab, and don't have to buy a thing. ;)
There are 3 within 20 minutes walking, but none of them have function ing ACS. Just doors open with fans. I ended up going to the grocery store and took as long shopping as I could tolerate.

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #174 on: August 10, 2018, 06:00:31 AM »
There are 3 within 20 minutes walking, but none of them have function ing ACS. Just doors open with fans. I ended up going to the grocery store and took as long shopping as I could tolerate.

No public libraries near by? Or even college libraries and lounges will let you hang out.
♦♦👽♦♦

pawpourri

• Drone Pilot
  • Throws of chaos
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2018, 11:02:19 PM »

FAB, sorry for late reply, just read your post.  All the other suggestions before mine are really good.  Could you try calling your City Hall to see if any help (donated a/cs) is available?  Sometimes programs are available to help with utilities.  Sometimes churches and such provide cooling stations.  I wish you the best.

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2018, 09:22:59 PM »

on the positive side...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2018, 12:34:50 AM »
Hospitals usually have alcoves and a cafeteria.  And the ER waiting room is 24/7.

Mylar!  Dollar store!!  Keep the sun out, darken windows.  I have scooted large furniture in front of extra windows to reduce heat.  If it's safe let the night air in and shut the day air out.

Marble is the coolest thing.  If you can find a couple slabs (make sure they are real, they will be cool to the touch) at least you'll have a cool surface to rest your arms on or try sitting on.  Those gel-filled pet cooling pads sort of work if they are in a shady area, for about two years.

You're going to need a/c.  Nothing wrong with standing by the open fridge for a little while if you have to.

Good idea like you said to ice your arteries (back of neck, inside of wrists) for 20 minutes at a time.  Cool shower helps.  Squirt bottle!  Fan!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2018, 12:38:16 AM »
I wish somebody would start a BBQ tips thread.
Don't wish your life away...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2018, 08:56:32 PM »
Don't wish your life away...
Huh? C'mon, what it that! Stop it. Christmas is not so far off and you don't want to be off my list ;) You'll need paypal. You see, I'm making a list and checking it from time to time. Going to find out who's been reasonably..