Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 331697 times)

Tony Clifton

• KMST
  • Radio A
Re: Ellgab Cast?
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2018, 07:08:12 AM »
yes i can do this. never done it before (on curtis's stream)  and will need the info. i can easily do it on my stream.

Even better! You could spin the tunes as well.  8)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2018, 07:10:38 AM »
yes i can do this. never done it before (on curtis's stream)  and will need the info. i can easily do it on my stream.

Problem solved.
wr250 just made it possible for anyone who can connect to Discord to be a host.
Would you be able to route calls to Discord and have the caller be able to hear the hosts, @wr250 ?
If needed I will get a Skype number for calls.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2018, 07:29:21 AM »
Problem solved.
wr250 just made it possible for anyone who can connect to Discord to be a host.
Would you be able to route calls to Discord and have the caller be able to hear the hosts, @wr250 ?
If needed I will get a Skype number for calls.
the host will need to be in the discord voice room. they will then be able to hear the caller/guest on their own computer. all i will be doing is listening in and routing the audio to a stream. discord has its own set of problems , but it should work pretty good for this.
as above the host will need to ba able to mute/unmute "callers" to prevent trying to talking over each other . if multiple hosts they will need to try and avoid this.

skype has become a terrible means of this type of thing, unless you buy the pro version from $micro$oft.  when skype was owned by its developers it was really good, now its a mess and really only good for person to person calls with no real conferencing. i could take skype/phone calls here, but i am not sure that i can route the voice back to the host without something like mumble. MITD uses some special equipment (expensive) to do that i believe.
i have just found the cheapest skype pro pricing (admitting that i didnt spend much time looking) : Total (for 1 year): $12,746.00 ...

discord problems:
may need the app (might not work correctly on some platforms aka linux)
web version is somewhat limited  but appears to mostly work , some features do not work (voice/text is ok AFAIK) ,should work on all platforms (mobile not tested)
voice bitrate is limited aka music will sound terrible (am radio is better) with dropouts and such. any intro/exit music i can play over the stream, wont go out on discord though.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2018, 07:38:30 AM »

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2018, 07:43:48 AM »
the host will need to be in the discord voice room. they will then be able to hear the caller/guest on their own computer. all i will be doing is listening in and routing the audio to a stream. discord has its own set of problems , but it should work pretty good for this.
as above the host will need to ba able to mute/unmute "callers" to prevent trying to talking over each other . if multiple hosts they will need to try and avoid this.

skype has become a terrible means of this type of thing, unless you buy the pro version from $micro$oft.  when skype was owned by its developers it was really good, now its a mess and really only good for person to person calls with no real conferencing. i could take skype/phone calls here, but i am not sure that i can route the voice back to the host without something like mumble. MITD uses some special equipment (expensive) to do that i believe.
i have just found the cheapest skype pro pricing (admitting that i didnt spend much time looking) : Total (for 1 year): $12,746.00 ...

discord problems:
may need the app (might not work correctly on some platforms aka linux)
web version is somewhat limited  but appears to mostly work , some features do not work (voice/text is ok AFAIK) ,should work on all platforms (mobile not tested)
voice bitrate is limited aka music will sound terrible (am radio is better) with dropouts and such. any intro/exit music i can play over the stream, wont go out on discord though.
Ok I am currently ordering the part I need for my computer to make this possible. Probably Sunday I will have. So I will do some reading up on it. Thanks everyone let's keep the chat going. I would love to put some of my old soul shows on there but I don't own the rights to the music so there's that. I know chefist has spun music on discord that sounded fine. But maybe because we were connected to discord. God I'm a moron about this stuff. I need to get educated. lol

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »
Morning tootsie +UP!

:D

morning metron   ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2018, 08:08:38 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tony Clifton

• KMST
  • Radio A
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »
...I would love to put some of my old soul shows on there but I don't own the rights to the music so there's that.

Could probably get away with streaming them, maybe before a live show, but I wouldn't make them available for download.

I know chefist has spun music on discord that sounded fine. But maybe because we were connected to discord. God I'm a moron about this stuff. I need to get educated. lol

Chefist showed me settings in Discord to make music sound better. But I forgot.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2018, 04:47:34 PM »
I have an idea to get this kickstarted.
I have 2 people in mind to help co-host the first one with @ponyboysunset and anyone else who steps up.
#Legacy

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2018, 07:03:43 PM »
i am working on a discord server for hosts and "callers" . the regular chat can be the chat for the show as it "just works" .
there is a link to the chat from ellgab next to the KONR link. there you can hear the show, if no live show, then for the time being it will stream DMDN . note to @KRowland this uses html audio tags and is not relaying/serving  your stream in any way.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2018, 03:53:01 PM »
So I got the part I needed and will probably have time to test it out tomorrow.

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2018, 04:10:17 PM »

that's great.. thanks  :)

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »
So it seems I cannot remember how to connect my mixer correctly or need a better sound card. I am so tempted to hook up my old laptop except it won't run anything new or buy a shitty headset for gaming and use that because this shit is doing nothing but pissing me off. LOL. Ok rant over. Hopefully all of us can put our heads together and figure this out.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2018, 01:25:17 AM »

Did it need batteries?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2018, 01:47:31 AM »
Did it need batteries?

Probably one of those Chicom Drone missiles

Are we having fun yet?