Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 331749 times)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Re: The Bartcast
« Reply #690 on: September 01, 2018, 10:41:44 PM »
With your beautiful voice, you could tell me the meanest, nastiest things (i.e. I must marry sLasha) and it would sound like Heaven's poetry read by an angel..

Seriously, your timbre and the structure of your sound is perfect for English instruction in Japan, computer aided menus, etc.

While some positions need speech pathology courses, I'm sure a language school (even neighborhood kids needing a tutor) would benefit from your pristine voice.

No shitting you.

Next BartCast after show, let's Skype conference.

I'll start the bath!

If the jobs didn't require a degree, I'd have an easier time getting one. I'm also really shy about physical and video interactions. If I get nervous, I talk really fast and start stumbling over words and if I get frustrated, I start tearing up. I was glad I wasn't forced to take speech in school, but it might've helped with my teenager-like awkwardness. I'm such a child ^^;
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #691 on: September 01, 2018, 10:42:12 PM »
Thanks for the update.

I like your avatar, 14!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #692 on: September 01, 2018, 11:40:53 PM »
If the jobs didn't require a degree, I'd have an easier time getting one. I'm also really shy about physical and video interactions. If I get nervous, I talk really fast and start stumbling over words and if I get frustrated, I start tearing up. I was glad I wasn't forced to take speech in school, but it might've helped with my teenager-like awkwardness. I'm such a child ^^;

Play a musical instrument?

That makes a big difference too.  Speech and Debate/Forensics/Court is more for actors and actresses nowadays.

Being a pure English speaker would be great for little kids.  If you have an American school nearby a class aide position might be rewarding.  If you can sing, there's a million bands that would kill for you to join them.

How long do you think this assignment will last in Nippon?

Eh, nevermind...

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #693 on: September 02, 2018, 12:31:50 AM »
Play a musical instrument?

That makes a big difference too.  Speech and Debate/Forensics/Court is more for actors and actresses nowadays.

Being a pure English speaker would be great for little kids.  If you have an American school nearby a class aide position might be rewarding.  If you can sing, there's a million bands that would kill for you to join them.

How long do you think this assignment will last in Nippon?

No idea. Hoping to get out before the Olympics though. It really depends on the scientific and academic funding in America.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #694 on: September 02, 2018, 01:38:30 AM »
Big thanks to @ponyboysunset @wr250 @Bart Ell and more! It was a lot of fun minus the skype issues #neverfails Can't wait to pop back on and hopefully we can work something out where @DaveSchrader and I can be on at the same time! #MatchGame
Yes we have to do this! It was so much interviewing you. Thanks again!

brig

• PUT OUT TO PASTURE
  • Ellightened
« Reply #695 on: September 02, 2018, 02:19:06 AM »
how badly will the cat ladies be triggered after today’s broadcast?

Were you able to hang around for the aftershow?  :)

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
« Reply #696 on: September 02, 2018, 03:04:17 AM »
I am so sorry I couldn't seem to get any sound for the afterchat no matter what I did, and had to bail before figuring it out, had to do errands and dinner to prepare for travel next Tuesday.It was very frustrating,  I would have loved to have joined you. I will do my best to figure something out for the next time I can be available for the Bartcast, probably in two weeks.  :P

Great show, PBS, and Ms. Winnie, you were wonderful! Really enjoyed getting to know you!

And thank you so much, BartEllProducer, Minifang, and Bart Ell, you are just the best!  ;D

Hope you can, it would be wonderful to have you join in.

Poor @DaveSchrader, @ponyboysunset thought you were a random troll in the chatroom and that's why none of your very important questions were answered. :)
This might be mean of me, but I can't help but feel a mild dose of pride at stumping @WinWinSchrader by asking what her favorite Prince song was. (I am sorry I asked such an unfair question though.)
The show was great and the after chat was really fun! Thank you all!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You have such a lovely voice and are so funny! I'd love to hear you hosting. You would be great fun with PBS.

With your beautiful voice, you could tell me the meanest, nastiest things (i.e. I must marry sLasha) and it would sound like Heaven's poetry read by an angel..

Seriously, your timbre and the structure of your sound is perfect for English instruction in Japan, computer aided menus, etc.

While some positions need speech pathology courses, I'm sure a language school (even neighborhood kids needing a tutor) would benefit from your pristine voice.

No shitting you.

Next BartCast after show, let's Skype conference.

I'll start the bath!

Yup, I agree, she has a really lovely voice and yours is pretty nice too. I like BartEllProducer's phrasing, he's a hoot. So many smart, creative and crazy people make for an amazing Bartcast aftershow.

Were you able to hang around for the aftershow?  :)

If he was it could have been fun if he'd have spoken up. Wish you'd have spoken up brig, @Richard Groyper if you weren't there we were arranging for me to to drink a box of wine and wrestle you in the basement, 2 enter 1 emerges; the Bart Dome!
Praise BE

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #697 on: September 02, 2018, 03:38:16 AM »

Don't let it do build updates. My laptop was fine right up to the 1803 update, now it crashes by clicking a link or web page tab, crashes because there's a letter Y in the day, crashes because I haven't had a coffee yet, crashes and re starts because the sun rises, crashes and is dog slow because the dishwasher isn't full enough to run...And MS (Because I've spoken eventually to a manager in India) haven't a clue how to rectify it, and better yet, they don't actually care. There are 1000s with the same problem, some have paid out lots of money to IT gurus to rectify the problem (It hasn't mine after a reformat and reinstalling win and had a MS guru install 1803 for me via  remote access) and with varying degrees of success. Worse case I read was someone with an Acer tower pc that overclocked the processor and burnt out the motherboard. Others have lost all there work and files including at least one PhD student.

Ta for the info sounds like a complete nightmare, I'm going through stuff to try and rein it in this morning.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #698 on: September 02, 2018, 03:39:09 AM »
I know it sounds crazy, Dynamo, but if you know a really good tech they can downgrade you to W7 pro and not lose your win10 installation. So my tech guru tells me...

Ta Aq, I may have to do that if it keeps touching me inappropropriately as it is at the moment!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #699 on: September 02, 2018, 03:45:52 AM »
Thanks everyone for listening and thanks to Winnie too. It was so much fun!

How do i get to listen to the after party?  My feed just shut off and started playing Dark Matter Network.. thanks.. you did a great job along with Wr250 as always  TW  :) :)

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
« Reply #700 on: September 02, 2018, 03:47:18 AM »
How do i get to listen to the after party?  My feed just shut off and started playing Dark Matter Network.. thanks.. you did a great job along with Wr250 as always  TW  :) :)

You need to set up a discord account and join the fun. Thanks for the compliments. Spookcat is welcome to join me on a future cast.

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #701 on: September 02, 2018, 03:48:35 AM »
You need to set up a discord account and join the fun. Thanks for the compliments. Spookcat is welcome to join me on a future cast.

oh, ok i will thanks   :)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #702 on: September 02, 2018, 04:09:08 AM »

Careful, or Bart will end up with large segments of women we find attractive.  ;D

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
« Reply #703 on: September 02, 2018, 04:13:00 AM »
Careful, or Bart will end up with large segments of women we find attractive.  ;D

Somehow I can't see him being upset by that
Praise BE

Low Tide Alien

• KNYE
« Reply #704 on: September 02, 2018, 04:18:42 AM »
Fun Bartcast today!  Winnie was a great guest and it was fun hearing Dave interject in the background!  Awesome job, PBS and wr250!