Author Topic: The Argue About Omelet's Thread  (Read 15332 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: The Argue About Omelet's Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2019, 08:53:15 AM »
My goodness, this important thread took off while I was elsewhere. @KSM is right - 2 eggs in a skillet. I’ve come to like stainless steel as well as cast iron. @StarrMountain ’s recipe looks very good. Butter is essential. @PolkaDot a scramble is not the same but is good. @GravitySucks a scramble is where one uses four, five, six eggs. @Bart Ell the Apostrophe Preservation Society has given up the ghost, but I’m glad to see you haven’t.
Now the question for argument - must an omelette have cheese? And who here thinks Velveeta counts?

I think fresh grated cheese is best. An omelet should have cheese, IMO

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2019, 09:09:51 AM »
I don’t eat omelettes because only two eggs are a waste of time, and I don’t eat cheese. Especially Velveeta.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2019, 09:11:45 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

@Pizzapunch  That's a nice omelet.  The eggs look fluffy and delicate.  Nothing's overcooked.  Let me know when I can come over for breakfast.   :D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2019, 09:16:01 AM »
Chocolate Old Fashioned.

I think it's because they have a higher ratio of surface area, so more crunch - like waffles as opposed to  pancakes.  Plus, chocolate.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

@PB  Hmmm...I don't think I've seen a doughnut like that before.  Looks like a Cruller.   Is that raised style or cake style?  Me, I'm not a fan of the cake doughnuts aside from the apple cider ones.  Those are yummy.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2019, 09:17:50 AM »
I might do that too. I do have rye bread right over there!

@anniem  Ya know...since you mentioned rye bread, I think I'll have a Reuben for lunch.  :)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »
I want to see pictures of not yet existing omelet! And BTW I use fine ground sea salt on my hashbrowns (((You can't see--salt!))) You say they look unseasoned but they're cooked in butter and a pinch of oil. Delicious! Fucking yummy, brudda ;D

@KSM  I didn't take pics man.  BUT!  I used 3 eggs, mushrooms, spinach, pancetta, and swiss cheese.   Next time I WILL take pics and I will be regarded as 'the omelet master.'  It may be my destiny.  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »
Now the question for argument - must an omelette have cheese? And who here thinks Velveeta counts?

@juan  No and No.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2019, 09:30:36 AM »
I’m no eggspurt, but this looks better than a @KSM omelette

@GravitySucks   :o Heck...THAT looks better than Christmas.  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2019, 09:33:55 AM »
I don’t eat omelettes because only two eggs are a waste of time, and I don’t eat cheese. Especially Velveeta.

@juan  How about a frittata? Without the cheese and the Velveeta of course.  ;)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2019, 10:41:35 AM »
@PB  Hmmm...I don't think I've seen a doughnut like that before.  Looks like a Cruller.   Is that raised style or cake style?  Me, I'm not a fan of the cake doughnuts aside from the apple cider ones.  Those are yummy.

Heck if I know, I just eat them (it's not a cruller though).  These are pretty much in all the small independent donut shops around here.  Here's what the plain ones look like if that helps. 

Heh, perhaps @KSM could provide a Rorschach style response to this image as well..

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2019, 10:52:11 AM »

You know what's especially horrible?  The donuts people bring to work from supermarkets like Safeway. 

They aren't deep fried at all, it's as though they make a donut shape out of lightly sweetened white bread, bake it, then add glaze, sprinkles, maple, chocolate, or whatever else.  Pass.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2019, 10:52:29 AM »
@KSM  I didn't take pics man.  BUT!  I used 3 eggs, mushrooms, spinach, pancetta, and swiss cheese.   Next time I WILL take pics and I will be regarded as 'the omelet master.'  It may be my destiny.  ;D
@ShayP Um, no meat in yours? You cannot start the day off without something that had parents.  :o

@DynamoHum I read what you said about my "limp" unappealing omelet. I know you're taking overseas shots at my manhood implying that perhaps I can't do sex good to folks for lengthy periods of time.

Let me explain balance and ratio to, you people. My picture showed a basic ham n cheeseer - everything inside was spread evenly as there was ham AND cheese in every bite but just enough so not to OVERPOWER THE EGG which is a common mistake most people make.

@GravitySucks Yes I would eat her off of her. WhattaMyCrazy? I would eat one of my omelets off of her.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2019, 10:55:02 AM »
Heck if I know, I just eat them (not a cruller though).  These are pretty much in all the small independent donut shops around here.  Here's what the plain ones look like if that helps. 

Heh, perhaps @KSM could provide a Rorschach style response to this image as well..

@PB  Well at least they wiped it.  ;D

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2019, 10:58:59 AM »
@PB  Well at least they wiped it.  ;D

Very nice!  And glazed?

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2019, 11:03:33 AM »
@ShayP Um, no meat in yours? You cannot start the day off without something that had parents.  :o

@DynamoHum I read what you said about my "limp" unappealing omelet. I know you're taking overseas shots at my manhood implying that perhaps I can't do sex good to folks for lengthy periods of time.

Let me explain balance and ratio to, you people. My picture showed a basic ham n cheeseer - everything inside was spread evenly as there was ham AND cheese in every bite but just enough so not to OVERPOWER THE EGG which is a common mistake most people make.

@GravitySucks Yes I would eat her off of her. WhattaMyCrazy? I would eat one of my omelets off of her.

I can assure you SIIIIIIIRRRRRR that I was making no implication whatsoever regarding your todger, and was merely describing the miserable looking eggy creation sans any other addition therein. A good omelette is busting at the seams with gooey loveliness enticing you in like Sirens on the cliff to hapless sailors.

I want to savour it with my eyes not give it a pity eat!

I did however enjoy the even colouring throughout the surface, but will also give a demerit for white bits.

A solid C.

Cheese goes throughout the omelette not just in the middle.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3