Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 12130416 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #84930 on: February 21, 2019, 08:36:33 PM »
I never even heard of a "box of salad." Must be a Nevada thing. Maybe dehydrated or powdered for use by the miners that one reconstitutes with water?
I've never heard of that, nor of those!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #84931 on: February 21, 2019, 08:39:17 PM »
PS.  Boxed salad is a plastic salad kit with a cardboard sleeve around it.  I usually get the bags, cheaper and more weight per package.

OH. Got it. Thank you.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #84932 on: February 21, 2019, 08:39:43 PM »
PS.  Boxed salad is a plastic salad kit with a cardboard sleeve around it.
Plastic salad comes in kits now?

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #84933 on: February 21, 2019, 08:40:07 PM »
@Journey  and @FISH, I will do my best to get a decent photo from at least one of the shows. And I will find a way to blur or cover my face somehow, if at all possible. Two friends laughed cheerfully when they saw me in the leggings (which felt just fine, thank you!) and noted that they didn't realize I have legs because I'm in jeans all the time at rehearsals. I laughed and said I hadn't, either! Fun. ::) ::) ::)
[/quote) looking forward to seeing you in that jacket !

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #84934 on: February 21, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
I've never heard of that, nor of those!

They're great for lunches when you're running around and don't want to be eating a burger or paying for a salad bar.

99¢ Stores sometimes sell them. Great deal if they got fresh ones, if not... 🤮
Eh, nevermind...

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #84935 on: February 21, 2019, 08:45:04 PM »
I think @Journey, @Bobs Your Uncle, @MAX and I will have to console ourselves at the tavern for sure now. I'm up for it!  ;D ;D ;D
I will buy the first round !

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #84936 on: February 21, 2019, 08:46:30 PM »
Plastic salad comes in kits now?

Yep, gotta put it together with model glue, SuperGlue cures too quickly.
Eh, nevermind...

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #84937 on: February 21, 2019, 08:51:09 PM »
They're great for lunches when you're running around and don't want to be eating a burger or paying for a salad bar.

99¢ Stores sometimes sell them. Great deal if they got fresh ones, if not... 🤮
Dehydrated miners?  Could that be what the 7 dwarfs were?

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #84938 on: February 21, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »
With regard to Tony, I do think a certain amount of this is culture shock.

*Driving through the desert at 90mph at night, not all that unusual. With the lights off is kind of odd, but she might have an issue with night glare and could drive just as safely in ambient moonlight and city glow. In that case you might want to slow down to 70 or 75. Is it possible Tony confused MPH and KM/h?
* Not keeping food around, eating boxed salads = dieting. Beer is dual purpose. A sandwich in every bottle  ;D When you are single what is the point of having a full refrigerator?
* With regard to the cats, they are both just very shy. He was a stranger in the house. I have been known to shriek as well when visitors stand in the doorway for more than a few seconds or don't check the screen door is latched, because that is when Dyna has been known to saunter out. Indoor cats are indoor cats, period, dot, end of story. When they get out bad stuff happens.  Dyna also likes loud music! It wasn't the noise or music, it was the strange person in the house. It takes a few days/weeks for them to adjust.
*I don't think the music was meant to torment Tony. The loud music was played from an adjoining room so she could hear it at a fair volume in her room. I know I play rock music at a fair volume whenever I am not listening to a specific radio show, even when I sleep.
*The coffee-pot incident. Seriously. Who hasn't cussed someone out and smashed something. You sweep it up, go oh well, and hopefully it wasn't something too expensive. These things happen all the time, most just don't talk about it.
*Not showering before heading out. Easy. While Tony was a "friendly stranger" the bathroom doors might not be truly lockable. Possibly there are other shyness issues of transferring down the hall all wet, no make-up etc.
*The paranoia. While we didn't hear specific examples besides the blinds, it is well justified in this day and age. What if he Tony did have a camera? Was going through documents and drawers. Or people really were peeking in the windows? (I don't allow stray phones of the new style in my house. Keep them in a bag or a pocket.) Truth is she never fully trusted Tony.
*16 inch monitor for the computer in the bedroom. That is pretty cool, actually.
*Poppy tea. Harmless if it is not consumed too much.
*The studio. Its not really outdated at all. What did he expect? Most of that stuff is top-of-the-line equipment. Pictures have been available for years. The only thing I would recommend is getting that rack-mounted equipment off the floor.
*Two hours late to the airport. Its easy to have mess ups here, traffic jams and have wires crossed and other confusion. Perfect storm recipe for getting lost, panic attacks and other things. Would end up being almost an all day thing. I'd gladly pay a cab $150 to avoid this kind of situation and even act more stoned than I really was just to make this an easy out. She did have the bearings to call the cab for him. She couldn't have been that stoned  :D
*If someone trimmed their nails laying on your floor would you have them back? Yuck!! Of course you would assign them cleaning tasks as punishment so hopefully they would not return!
*The outfit at the airport. Its Las Vegas. As long as its not indecent, who cares? All these prim and proper people, geez.

In short, nothing too shocking to me at all. She might not be the best house hostess, namely because she doesn't get many guests even in years past.
You are a beautiful spirit to see the good in this situation and give her the benefit of the doubt, however I must disagree. I think he was treated terribly. He was a guest in her home and working for free. He traveled there from Spain on his own dime. She should have at least bought him a pizza and been polite. Nope something is definately wrong with her behavior. Either she is the rudest person possible or she has a psychological issue. Very sad.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #84939 on: February 21, 2019, 08:59:05 PM »
Haven't heard it all but driving through the desert at a high speed without lights on is dangerous for two very important reasons:

Dirt bikes/off-roaders with low power lights who might cross the roads at random spots

Wildlife...  A wild horse on the road is a deadly accident waiting to happen.

I lived in southern Nevada and was warned about both happening on Blue Diamond Parkway...
This is very true Sean, not to mention hitting a pedestrian.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #84940 on: February 21, 2019, 09:10:53 PM »

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #84941 on: February 21, 2019, 09:11:56 PM »
Sorry @Dyna-X , you make some points but overall I disagree. You can justify this all you want but if she was an honest person she wouldn't have allowed him to get on a plane. Someone comes to help you from half way around the world and this is how he is treated? Rude behavior is rude behavior.
You voiced my opinion on this. I totally agree.

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #84942 on: February 21, 2019, 09:14:23 PM »
This is very true Sean, not to mention hitting a pedestrian.

Why would someone want to drive without their lights? You can't see the road, can't see your own dash. I'm missing why this is desirable.

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #84943 on: February 21, 2019, 09:14:37 PM »
Regardless of how she eats (or doesn't), if you have a guest coming (especially one flying halfway around the world on their own dime to help you), you have food for them. Full stop.
EXACTLY!!!!

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #84944 on: February 21, 2019, 09:30:05 PM »
We only heard his side of things. I had the impression he more or less invited himself with the idea of talking about the show and she OK'ed it. It wasn't like she asked or pleaded for him to be there. That would change the equation. In that case she would have prepared meals and talked the entire time about show prep.

Its a school of thought that the mother lode of responsibility being on the one who initiated the idea and invitation. In that case, it falls more on Tony to entertain her. Most all of the vistors as best I understand tell were not invited specifically, just approved. The chosen fan may have been "invited" hence the grocery shopping.
I hate to disagree but here I go. Sorry. If she didn’t want him there she should have told him not to come. Once you agree to a guest regardless of who’s idea it is, the host has a responsibility to be accommodating. Past behavior is a good predictor of what happened there. She has demonstrated a history of doing what she wants when she wants with little regard for the consequences. The fact that she quits her job with no notice to any one EVER but continues to accept subscriptions and gifts shows her true character. I think this past behavior gives credence to Tony’s account.

Its really just a very old school of thought.