Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 11921770 times)

Kwisatz Haderach

• Ellightened
  • Silence is a true friend who never betrays
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #120465 on: September 20, 2019, 07:37:08 PM »
                                                 Red Heat Update

I think this might be the end of the line for me. My "career", such as it was, may be winding down. The boogie man is gonna me.  The end of quarter is coming up and that usually means nut cutting time.  I think old WAN's nuts are primed for a chopping.  Sunday night I was up until 4am, Monday 3am, Tuesday 5am, Wednesday 2am and last night 3:30am. I've only been under this much pressure once in my life before but I was a much younger guy then.  I just powered through it - I should be able to use my maturity and experience to handle this situation.  I mean, I've seen it all before. right?  Apparently not - it sure didn't work out that way - not today it didn't. There is something wrong with me. I don't know much about mental illness but I think I have seen that Elephant. They dumped another nightmare in my lap today (after I've dealt with and resolved several this week).  Shortly afterwards my hands started to shake so damn bad that Methuselah and the Hillbilly had to get me the hell out of there.   It was so bad, they had to call Mrs. Walks to come get my ass.  We are supposed to be done Monday.  We have to be done Monday and I turned tail and fled like a coward.

Took a long nap and I've steadied a bit but WTF?  Who the hell gets the shakes working in a office?   My work lapper is turned off, cell phone is off so of course they tried the house phone.  Mrs. WAN told them to fsck off and took the phone off the hook.  She is watching over me like a Lioness - she says that I'm just over worked and that I'll be fine.  I hope  she is right but I've never had such a thing happen before.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried.

Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it kept its mouth shut.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #120466 on: September 20, 2019, 07:39:05 PM »
@Walks_At_Night

I feel for you.

Before anything happens, I highly recommend consulting with your state's labor relations board and an employment attorney.  It's dotting "i"s and crossing "t"s. 

Putting in the hours you have causing a physical reaction sounds very serious with long-term implications.  If they are targeting certain employees or laying off other staff only to increase others' workload to an extreme, it can be a very serious issue.

Don't be shy to go get an EKG, bloodwork, etc. at urgent care ASAP.  You might have had minor stroke.

Good luck. 

Eh, nevermind...

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #120467 on: September 20, 2019, 07:55:11 PM »
                                                 Red Heat Update

I think this might be the end of the line for me. My "career", such as it was, may be winding down. The boogie man is gonna me.  The end of quarter is coming up and that usually means nut cutting time.  I think old WAN's nuts are primed for a chopping.  Sunday night I was up until 4am, Monday 3am, Tuesday 5am, Wednesday 2am and last night 3:30am. I've only been under this much pressure once in my life before but I was a much younger guy then.  I just powered through it - I should be able to use my maturity and experience to handle this situation.  I mean, I've seen it all before. right?  Apparently not - it sure didn't work out that way - not today it didn't. There is something wrong with me. I don't know much about mental illness but I think I have seen that Elephant. They dumped another nightmare in my lap today (after I've dealt with and resolved several this week).  Shortly afterwards my hands started to shake so damn bad that Methuselah and the Hillbilly had to get me the hell out of there.   It was so bad, they had to call Mrs. Walks to come get my ass.  We are supposed to be done Monday.  We have to be done Monday and I turned tail and fled like a coward.

Took a long nap and I've steadied a bit but WTF?  Who the hell gets the shakes working in a office?   My work lapper is turned off, cell phone is off so of course they tried the house phone.  Mrs. WAN told them to fsck off and took the phone off the hook.  She is watching over me like a Lioness - she says that I'm just over worked and that I'll be fine.  I hope  she is right but I've never had such a thing happen before.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried.
good luck walks..

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #120468 on: September 20, 2019, 08:02:39 PM »
                                                 Red Heat Update

I thought we told you to take care of yourself?? 😢

Just remember, no job is worth your health.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #120469 on: September 20, 2019, 08:41:16 PM »
                                                 Red Heat Update

Took a long nap and I've steadied a bit but WTF?  Who the hell gets the shakes working in a office?   My work lapper is turned off, cell phone is off so of course they tried the house phone.  Mrs. WAN told them to fsck off and took the phone off the hook.  She is watching over me like a Lioness - she says that I'm just over worked and that I'll be fine.  I hope  she is right but I've never had such a thing happen before.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I was worried.

There is nothing wrong with you, @Walks_At_Night that a decent, humane management group or top manager at your company would not fix. The problem is when companies treat their employees, especially the more experienced senior ones, with contempt by treating them as if they are machines. Impossible deadlines and high pressure JUST BECAUSE someone didn't manage a more reasonable and efficient timeline make for stressed-out resentful, non-productive employees.

If you were up late working under high pressure so many nights in a row, no wonder your hands started to shake! It makes me furious when "white shirts" in a company's senior ranks think it's ok to demand heart, soul, and sleep from their employees as if they are entitled to make you their slave because they pay you for your work!

I'm glad Mrs. WAN is fiercely looking over you, she's right to do that! And once you get rested up, you'll be fine. They'll just have to figure out some other way to meet that insane Monday deadline without you this time. You don't owe your well-being and health (both physical and mental) to them just because you work for them.

Your well being is more important than their incompetent inhumane deadline. Deadlines like you have been facing only arise when management planning is incompetent. It's also stupid because stressed and exhausted employees never ever do their best work.

Get some rest, you'll be fine. And if they fire you, it's their loss, for real. As long as you're ok financially, your time and peace of mind is what matters here. Sorry to rant, but I see this crap all the time and it infuriates me, it's so unnecessary and cruel... and counterproductive.

Please tell Mrs. WAN I'm on her side (and yours!)

+1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #120470 on: September 20, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Oh joy, more tarot reading tonight.  It seems like the same thing almost every night this week.

Oh, boy. Will Ghost Art come to her and do a Ghost Tarot reading for her?

Btw, the guy talking about tarot and doing readings on C2C last night was really good. Intelligent, well-spoken, and did good readings with no info from callers and did not ask any leading questions. Just saying...
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #120471 on: September 20, 2019, 08:56:26 PM »
                                                 Red Heat Update

I wish I knew what to say to help you get through this, man.  I know what it’s like to feel burnout from a toxic work environment.  My thoughts are with you.

timebandit

• Elluminati
« Reply #120472 on: September 20, 2019, 08:56:29 PM »
I missed the intro last night..it's been too vigorous and throaty lately,
right from the beginning with "From the high desert" too much humph..
I like a fast opening building to a cresendo at "and I'm your host heather wade!!" Yeah..
I wanna scream Charge! when it's done right.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #120473 on: September 20, 2019, 09:03:29 PM »
Ok, we're off and running. I heard her intro... and she was on the freakin' phone company YET AGAIN for another two hours? Right before air time? AGAIN?

What the hell is she doing? A phone system simply cannot and should NOT be that complicated. I am sure she is doing something to screw things up.
I don't know how long I will last, I'm already fed up and it's only 5 minutes into the show.  :P

Kwisatz Haderach

• Ellightened
« Reply #120474 on: September 20, 2019, 09:05:45 PM »
Are you talking about Art Rosengarten, who as I said was on C2C? Coast to Coast? He was talking about the tarot as a psychological tool. He was good. I wasn't talking about Winter Laake.
Embarrassed.  Sorry.  I misread your post.  I have been busy building some things for my daughter.  Just checking in now and then.  I will delete.  I was kind of taken aback by your post as I assumed, not the best thing to do, that you were talking about laake.  Sorry. 

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #120475 on: September 20, 2019, 09:05:50 PM »

Ichi Ban! I don't know how to say it in Korean. ¡Bailen todos! Both guitarists were extraordinary
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #120476 on: September 20, 2019, 09:06:37 PM »
Embarrassed.  Sorry.  I misread your post.  I have been busy building some things for my daughter.  Just checking in now and then.  I will delete.  I was kind of taken aback by your post as I assumed, not the best thing to do, that you were talking about laake.  Sorry.

No worries, no need to delete! I assumed that's what happened. Peace!  ;D

Journey

• Ellevated
« Reply #120477 on: September 20, 2019, 09:06:51 PM »
                                                 Red Heat Update

Too much stress and lack of sleep. I’m glad Mrs. WAN is watching over you. Saying a prayer for healing and a good job outcome. Take care of yourself.

Kwisatz Haderach

• Ellightened
« Reply #120478 on: September 20, 2019, 09:09:20 PM »
Now that I just tuned in, Heather says she is still going to do her Area 51 "invasion" where they make it a fun event.  Heather will get knocked down and get arrested.  She might sign things for people.  She wants to do a meet and great the afternoon of.  And then have her crowd caravan down to a spot she chooses. 

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #120479 on: September 20, 2019, 09:10:33 PM »
I'm gonna go to this just to pound pussy and drink ma coors
I'M ALPHA AF