Author Topic: Pets, You or Your Family Use To Have  (Read 1901 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Pets, You or Your Family Use To Have
« on: June 09, 2020, 08:21:49 PM »
Pictures, stories, and whatever else you would like to add. And if you're stupid enough to think that Dogs, Cats, Birds and Reptiles don't have individual personalities, kindly fuck off.

I guess I'll start.

Henry AKA KING HENRY

Henry was a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog he was quite literally the strongest dog I have ever had as a child or immature adult. He loved carting heavy hunks of wood around the yard and any visits to rivers, lakes or anywhere out in nature there was always a hunk of wood that he would jump back in the truck with. Henry also opened his own Christmas presents! We would wrap them and put them under the tree weeks ahead of time and even though he knew (from sniffing around) that they were for him he would wait patiently until Christmas morning when he got the go ahead to rip the wrapping paper off.

Mountain dogs are prone to lumps..  in December 2012 we took him in to have a fist size lump removed, we had waited as long as we could but by this time it was hindering his quality of life and was only growing. What they found were five other lumps (of course ::)  Things went quickly down hill from there. After they look under the hood...  shit goes south just a little faster.

He died in late may 2013 on a Tuesday. I slept in the hallway with him that previous night because it was rather apparent that this may be his last night. Hours earlier we had him at the river and he brought home one last piece of wood that we still have :)
The morning he died (before taking him in to the vet for his goodbye shot) he had completely let go of his bowls and was breathing very loudly and it was obvious to us that this was, it.
I cleaned him up like new and cut a piece of scrap carpet to slide him onto so I could cradle him in it and slowly get him down the stairs as comfortably as I could for him. He was 130 LBs of dead/live weight so it was a bit of an undertaking to say the least.

He was a good dude. Real good!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Pets, You or Your Family Use To Have
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 08:30:06 PM »
Myxie was the greatest cat I ever had. She was always interested in what was going on, watching watching watching. She liked to sleep near our heads and put her head in the palm of my hand. She used many strange items as pillows, I'll post those later. She was the only kitten, there wasn't a litter. She got old and had troubles, we had to let her go. I still miss her.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 08:33:44 PM »
Bip was a small cat I got from the pound. She was a professional cat. I named her Bip because she would sit next to the keyboard and bip bip bip the keys, likely trying to do what I was doing. She also lived a long time, got ill and we had to let her go too.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 09:38:37 PM »
All my pictures are in storage.

In 1977 I got a shepherd/malmut mix female as a puppy. She was bound to have hip dysplasia so I had her spayed.  She looked mainly like a really dark shepherd. But with the underfur that malmutes have for warm.  I trained her to listen unconditionally to me.  Her and I went everywhere. She rode in my van and if noone else was in the van, she rode in the passenger seat captain’s chair.  If someone else was in my van she would would put her head across my lap to look out the driver’s window. 

Her name was Sasha. She ended up weighing over 100 pounds. She had one lazy ear the would flop down.  I used to put my wife’s van club wind breaker on her when we were at Van-ins.  She was an excellent swimmer and an excellent frisbee dog.  She could jump up about 6’ to snag a frisbee. I had to put a lock on my gate because the neighborhood kids would play frisbee with her on the street and she would get bloody pads on her feet. 

One time my wife was mad at me and started hitting me.  I had to thrust my arm in Shasha’s mouth to keep her from killing my wife. 

I don’t know if the marital difficulties caused Sasha to exit stage left or if someone stole her from my yard. One day I came home from work and she was gone.  I searched for her for a year. Never found her. My wife loved her too so I don’t think she did anything nefarious.

I could put a dog bone balanced on her nose and she would sit until I snapped my fingers.  Then she would throw it up in the air and snag it.  When my son was born she was totally submissive to his every whim when he was a baby.  And very protective of him.  I miss that dog still. 

In November of 1979 I was driving cross country back to Lake Placid to try out for the Olympics. Just me and her.  A regular chain wouldn’t hold her. I had a logging chain that was impossible to break. 

I made the mistake of misjudging my gas gauge and had to stop in downtown Detroit to get gas.  The guy wouldn’t let me pump it myself so I stood there and watched him on the driver’s side.  All of a sudden I heard a guy screaming for his life and I went to the other side and saw her chewing on a guy’s ass as he was trying to run across the parking lot.  I screamed at her and she let go and came running back.  I closed the side door of my van and told the other guy to shut the pump off.  Got her in the van and drove off and petted her like she had never been petted before.

A few minutes later I got pulled over by Canadian customs after crossing the Ambassador bridge at Windsor.  They had me pull over and they started taking everything out of my van.  I had her on that logging chain and had to tie her to a metal pole because she was going to eat that Lady customs officer. She had just tasted blood and she was still in major protective mode.  She was foaming at the mouth growling and snarling.  I couldn’t calm her down. The lady looked at me and said “You don’t have anything illegal in here, do you?” In a please say “no mam” kind of voice. I said “no mam, I’m just trying to get to Lake Placid”.  She let me pack everything back up and load the dog as she watched from a distance. 

That guy in Detroit was the only person she ever bit.  I don’t know if he was just looking to see if there was something he could grab to steal or if he was going to try to climb in the van to carjack me after I pulled away.  I wonder what he told his friends. 

When I moved to Texas I got a mixed breed that was mostly golden Labrador and of course my son wanted it named Sasha.  That was the dumbest dog on the planet and totally untrainable.  I gave it to my sister who lived in the country.  She lived with them and became a good dog eventually but could only really eat, shit and bark.  My nephews really enjoyed her though. 

I haven’t had a dog now in 22 years.  Traveling too much to care for one properly.  I sure would like to have one but I still want to travel so I imagine it will be a few years. 
Are we having fun yet?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 04:55:45 AM »
I slept in the hallway with him that previous night because it was rather apparent that this may be his last night.

Did you blow him?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 11:30:20 AM »
Did you blow him?

::) I fucking knew this thread was a bad idea. And Fuck You.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 11:48:38 AM »

No it isn't

Here is a photo of Myxie inspecting the new smoker we got.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 01:15:02 PM »

So sorry!

Did you give his cock extra special attention when you were washing him up?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 01:21:57 PM »
So sorry!

Red Rocket

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »
So sorry!

Never apologize for being consistent.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 06:44:53 PM »
Toto and Dorian

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 09:33:19 AM »
The big kitty on the left was Sputty. His student on the right is Zeety, we still have him. Both good natured. I think Zeety was learning how to be a cat from Sputty, below is a lesson in progress.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 10:02:10 AM »
Myxie was the greatest cat I ever had. She was always interested in what was going on, watching watching watching. She liked to sleep near our heads and put her head in the palm of my hand. She used many strange items as pillows, I'll post those later. She was the only kitten, there wasn't a litter. She got old and had troubles, we had to let her go. I still miss her.

Sorry for the late reply. Just discovered this thread

@anniem  Of course! I knew it! You're a cat person 🐱

Myxie looks like she must be Googling Buddhist philosophy

Btw. I read that book. Didn't take
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 10:15:35 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. Just discovered this thread

@anniem  Of course! I knew it! You're a cat person 🐱

Myxie looks like she must be Googling Buddhist philosophy

Btw. I read that book. Didn't take

I like the artwork. Yes, very catty. We keep rescuing them. We have five now. There is a photo of a small orange kitten, we actually rescued him from neighbor kids. My husband saw them hitting an overturned bucket with a stick to find little Zeety under the bucket. He is all grown up, a sweet friendly guy.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 10:50:54 AM »
I like the artwork. Yes, very catty. We keep rescuing them. We have five now. There is a photo of a small orange kitten, we actually rescued him from neighbor kids. My husband saw them hitting an overturned bucket with a stick to find little Zeety under the bucket. He is all grown up, a sweet friendly guy.

That's my "hobby". I volunteer at a cat sanctuary. And do my own little catch, snip and release program for feral cats

Btw @anniem . You call Bip a "professional cat". What does that mean?
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"