Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274727 times)

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2018, 08:24:11 PM »
Yep. Art was a really smart guy. He had to have known those four drugs taken together could, and likely would, be fatal. Plus, meds come with instructions of not to mix, etc. With the constant pain he was in, getting worse all the time, struggling to breathe as Dannion said, he was suffering a slow, excruciating death. What was the point in continuing? It's not hard to imagine Art saying "That's enough" and taking that drug combo and going to sleep, knowing he would never wake up. And if that's what he did, I don't blame him at all.

Even if he hadn't died of the OD, how much longer did he really have in that condition? A few weeks? A few months, tops? He may have hit his 73rd birthday in June, maybe. He almost certainly wouldn't have lived out the year based on what we know about his condition. And his quality of life in that time leading to a natural death would have been shit and getting shittier. His doctor or doctors may have given a prognosis on his life expectancy at that point and he figured the hell with it, I'm checking out.

It's all speculation of course, but it doesn't make sense that a guy with Art's intelligence could make such a mistake with that witches brew of meds. Just my two cents.

Patients with COPD lose their CO2 drive to breathe so they are left with only the hypoxic drive, opiates impair your hypoxic drive.

But Friday the 13th is simply to coincidental for me to think it was accidental. It could be, but Art was a smart man, not a very moral one but certainly a smart one. I miss the hope he'll one day host another show and I concur with your thoughts on the subject and I don't hold it against him. I think euthanasia, and suicide, should be legal.
Praise BE

4Katdad

• KNYE
  • Can't you see I'm busy?
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2018, 08:45:17 PM »
Patients with COPD lose their CO2 drive to breathe so they are left with only the hypoxic drive, opiates impair your hypoxic drive.

But Friday the 13th is simply to coincidental for me to think it was accidental. It could be, but Art was a smart man, not a very moral one but certainly a smart one. I miss the hope he'll one day host another show and I concur with your thoughts on the subject and I don't hold it against him. I think euthanasia, and suicide, should be legal.

I could see Art saying enough is enough and exiting on his own, and I could see him just getting confused as to the dosage he took that day or day before. However, and I mentioned this earlier in this thread, I emailed him on April 9 with a question about a piece of bumper music from the mid-90s and sent a link to the YouTube video of his show with the song I was referring to. He answered me on April 10 requesting more information about the bumper music piece. I answered him back later on April 10 with what info I could give him, and never heard back. He was dead three days later. So from my email exchange with him, I can only surmise that he was very much with it mentally at that point and makes me lean toward thinking that he had had enough and left this life of his own volition.

And the Friday the 13th factor certainly weighs heavily in that line of thinking, almost like a wink and a nod from Art to his fans who are paying attention.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2018, 08:51:27 PM »
I just finished listening to this! Not sure to say bullcrap or completely freak out!

How about Jimmy Church is a pig and a charlatan?

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2018, 08:54:12 PM »
I could see Art saying enough is enough and exiting on his own, and I could see him just getting confused as to the dosage he took that day or day before. However, and I mentioned this earlier in this thread, I emailed him on April 9 with a question about a piece of bumper music from the mid-90s and sent a link to the YouTube video of his show with the song I was referring to. He answered me on April 10 requesting more information about the bumper music piece. I answered him back later on April 10 with what info I could give him, and never heard back. He was dead three days later. So from my email exchange with him, I can only surmise that he was very much with it mentally at that point and makes me lean toward thinking that he had had enough and left this life of his own volition.

And the Friday the 13th factor certainly weighs heavily in that line of thinking, almost like a wink and a nod from Art to his fans who are paying attention.

That's the problem when dying from COPD you are all there up to the end. It's an ugly death. I think your reasoning is quite sound and I'm in complete agreement.

I wonder if Heather knew in advance? Do you think that could explain her losing it as she has? There has to be more to that story. Her behavior is very odd.
Praise BE

4Katdad

• KNYE
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2018, 09:10:45 PM »
That's the problem when dying from COPD you are all there up to the end. It's an ugly death. I think your reasoning is quite sound and I'm in complete agreement.

I wonder if Heather knew in advance? Do you think that could explain her losing it as she has? There has to be more to that story. Her behavior is very odd.

It's definitely hard to explain her behavior since he died. Grieving manifests differently in different people, but we all pick up the pieces and move on with our lives. We have jobs to get back to, obligations to tend to, lives to lead. And we usually don't have longer than a week or two to do this. Yes, we are still grieving, but we carry on and grieve simultaneously. She seems to have completely shut down over this. It just makes you think, as I believe you have correctly stated, that there is more to the story here. Maybe she did know in advance. If that's the case, then it's more than grief with her, it's a lot of things. Hard to say. But yes, her behavior is very odd to say the least.

It could still be high drama on her part, wanting attention, but since the release of the autopsy report and now knowing the cause of death, and the distinct possibility that Art took matters into his own hands, it makes me wonder what Heather knew and when she knew it.

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2018, 09:42:31 PM »
.........snip.....

It could still be high drama on her part, wanting attention, but since the release of the autopsy report and now knowing the cause of death, and the distinct possibility that Art took matters into his own hands, it makes me wonder what Heather knew and when she knew it.

I'm right there with you. I keep turning this over in my mind. I haven't come to a conclusion, yet. Thanks for your insight it gave me a couple more facets to mull over.

In the fullness of time we'll know but until then....
Praise BE

MJ

• KIDD
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2018, 10:10:15 PM »
Got a laugh remembering his descriptions of these incidents.  I believe he controlled his exit and it was no accident.

I agree and it makes me feel very disappointed and a bit angry at Art. It seems so selfish and cowardly to do that, IMO. I want to remember the good, fun times, great things about him not let this possibility cloud my memories of him.

4Katdad

• KNYE
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »
I'm right there with you. I keep turning this over in my mind. I haven't come to a conclusion, yet. Thanks for your insight it gave me a couple more facets to mull over.

In the fullness of time we'll know but until then....

And thanks to you for your insight as well.

For me, the suicide angle was a leap at first, but all the information taken collectively, I'm 60-40 now, maybe 70-30, that Art left of his own accord. A lot of it just makes sense. I believe I remember Art talking on his show, probably more than once, that he was a proponent of assisted suicide if things were bad enough for someone, that he could understand not wanting to suffer anymore. He admitted on the air that he almost committed suicide after Ramona died. Whitley said on the tribute show I think that he and Anne got in the car immediately and drove to Pahrump to talk him out of it. And that emergency room nurse's post that she thought it was strange that he had such a lethal mixture of drugs in his system. Just everything starts to add up. Art always lived outside the box and on his own terms, that's what made him so interesting and gave his shows that edge. So it's not a reach that he died outside the box on his own terms. It would be quintessential Art to have gone out that way. And, you know, on Friday the 13th ...

KRowland

• VARAfied
  • KMST
  • The Webmaster
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2018, 01:21:46 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-sendoff-show/

Here's the show you've been waiting for.... and if you're nice, I may do an after show, if we run out of time and I still have more to say.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2018, 01:31:51 AM »

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-sendoff-show/

Here's the show you've been waiting for.... and if you're nice, I may do an after show, if we run out of time and I still have more to say.

Nice line up, Keith.  I will especially enjoy hearing Richard and Alan speak. 

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2018, 04:11:36 AM »
What about Ed Dames, whoever played JC, and John Hogue? 

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2018, 05:21:31 AM »
If Art hated Ouija boards on this side, why would he cooperate with one on the other?
Merry Christmas

cweb

• KIDD
  • Capable of So Much Less
« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2018, 07:36:55 AM »
Art Bell's ouija board message on last night's Jimmy Church show:

All things are done by choice and there are no accidents.
Though not a deliberate act there was purpose behind the decisions I made.
I know that now and not then.
This was a decision I made freely, this I know as well now.
This is my final signoff as I fade to black.
Further proof that Knapp is not the vulture, Church is.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2018, 07:44:59 AM »
Color me just a wee bit skeptical.   ::)
:D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2018, 07:47:50 AM »
Got a laugh remembering his descriptions of these incidents.  I believe he controlled his exit and it was no accident.
Friday the 13th and Art Bell.  Ironically, Art's last action may have further validated a Noory assertion.  ::)

"Folks, there are no coincidences!"
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎