Author Topic: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader  (Read 3080939 times)

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
Re: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader
« Reply #28065 on: May 20, 2019, 10:23:36 PM »
Perogies and kielbasa, then?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

EarthAlien007

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #28066 on: May 20, 2019, 10:26:00 PM »
Listeners put more dedication into MITD than they themselves do. I call it total incompetence! Nobody at MITD has no interest in running a professional show at all. My plans would have been totally different tonight if I had known. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I've given up. Schrader is too busy with his paranormal carney stuff to do a third radio show.
This show is going on the air no matter what. -Heather Wade

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #28067 on: May 20, 2019, 10:28:05 PM »
Perogies and kielbasa, then?

Yum! Perogies!!!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #28068 on: May 20, 2019, 10:33:45 PM »
Well, Night everyone.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #28069 on: May 20, 2019, 10:36:53 PM »
Well, Night everyone.

Good Night to you! Sleep well and pleasant dreams.

:)
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

BillW50

• Ellightened
« Reply #28070 on: May 20, 2019, 10:48:19 PM »
Good night Exile. I would too, but I got plenty of sleep so I'd be ready for the show. Boy what a laugh.

BillW50

• Ellightened
« Reply #28071 on: May 20, 2019, 10:49:30 PM »
Well, Night everyone.

Night hot stuff. Sweet dreams.  +1

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #28072 on: May 20, 2019, 10:51:50 PM »
Good night Exile. I would too, but I got plenty of sleep so I'd be ready for the show. Boy what a laugh.

Bill. I woke up to listen to the show. Had no idea a repeat was on.

I would not of bothered, had I known.

Had all weekend and couldn't arrange a guest host nor even post why the host is absent (again). 
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #28073 on: May 20, 2019, 11:10:36 PM »

Bill. I woke up to listen to the show. Had no idea a repeat was on.

I would not of bothered, had I known.

Had all weekend and couldn't arrange a guest host nor even post why the host is absent (again). 

At least they still have a better live/replay ratio than whats-her-name. 
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

BillW50

• Ellightened
« Reply #28074 on: May 20, 2019, 11:35:17 PM »
Same here Exile. It doesn't matter anymore. Art put his heart and soul into his shows and if he couldn't, he wouldn't have a show. Dave is different. He brags he has 13 years of hosting experience. But I have listened to him for the past 7 years and he has never indicated of ever improving and finally becoming a real professional whatsoever. He just treats this show as something he does on the side whenever he feels like it. He is even too lazy to put 4 hours into a show like everybody else.

But what really ticks me off about Dave is when he ripped into Art Bell fans and belittled Art on that After Midnight Show last January. Keith should have fired Dave right then and there. But I have known Keith since the mid 90's and he always had done things half ass just like Dave does. Neither one has any interest in any improvement, but just wants to go through life as lazy as possible. And don't get me started on what a hot head Dave is. Like suddenly blowing up with guest and callers is just so amateurish. Dave has 13 years of radio experience and that means what? Nada!

BillW50

• Ellightened
« Reply #28075 on: May 20, 2019, 11:42:48 PM »
At least they still have a better live/replay ratio than whats-her-name.

MITD has four hosts. And what for? So when Dave won't make it, neither can Tim Weisberg, Tim Dennis, or Shannon LeGro? Art had high standards for MITD. But it seems it is just going down the tubes. :(

DeNyeLL

• Established Bartist
  • Elluminati
« Reply #28076 on: May 21, 2019, 12:08:36 AM »
Schrader is too busy with his paranormal carney stuff ....

It's a Profit Deal

BillW50

• Ellightened
« Reply #28077 on: May 21, 2019, 12:19:34 AM »
It's a Profit Deal

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #28078 on: May 21, 2019, 12:50:25 AM »
MITD has four hosts. And what for? So when Dave won't make it, neither can Tim Weisberg, Tim Dennis, or Shannon LeGro? Art had high standards for MITD. But it seems it is just going down the tubes. :(

But there's also a possibly that it might not be on the hosts side if there is a problem. For example, if something were to suddenly happen to Keith or whatever guests were scheduled, the host wouldn't matter.

I'm just speculating. You've been listening longer than I have, so you have a more defined opinion and more to compare it to. Dave definitely has a different style than Art. As it's been pointed out, he's also been leaving his house/studio and going and meeting people to spread the word. That's the big thing, especially among millennials and younger.

Interacting with the fan base is what a lot of people want. I admit, I had more fun listening when I was able to interact with Dave, Keith, Michelle and all here. It was also an easy way to interact with the guest by asking questions.
But for whatever reason, (though Dave seems way too busy) that's dwindled a lot.

But at least we still have BART!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

BillW50

• Ellightened
« Reply #28079 on: May 21, 2019, 01:40:15 AM »
But there's also a possibly that it might not be on the hosts side if there is a problem. For example, if something were to suddenly happen to Keith or whatever guests were scheduled, the host wouldn't matter.

I'm just speculating. You've been listening longer than I have, so you have a more defined opinion and more to compare it to. Dave definitely has a different style than Art. As it's been pointed out, he's also been leaving his house/studio and going and meeting people to spread the word. That's the big thing, especially among millennials and younger.

Interacting with the fan base is what a lot of people want. I admit, I had more fun listening when I was able to interact with Dave, Keith, Michelle and all here. It was also an easy way to interact with the guest by asking questions.
But for whatever reason, (though Dave seems way too busy) that's dwindled a lot.

But at least we still have BART!

But you can't expect to run a network like Dark Matter by depending on one man (Keith) and one shabby equipment he owns. That is so totally unprofessional. Anything could happen to Keith or his equipment at anytime and then you have no show. And Dark Matter Digital Network has always been the most unreliable network I've seen since the early 90's. But it has been managed by Keith, so what do you expect?

Yeah sure, I get it. Dave is busy doing other things. And other things are more important than MITD. Yes I know. That is the thing about Dave. He thinks he is a big shot and thinks he has to be with other big shots. I get it. So he should do it if it makes him happy. But in the meantime MITD fans needs a show. But nobody there even cares about even having a show. So why are we loyal again? For what?

Yes Art was different. He wouldn't have any commercial if he didn't believe in the product. Nor could Art be bought with money. Art had class and standards. Dave on the other hand has no class or standards. All he cares about is he can be easily bought. And he wants more money and do less work (aka 3 hour shows). Of course, most of the shows end we are out of time we must have you (the guest) come back makes for very bad shows. And speaking about bad shows, Art figured out early on that bumper music really enhanced the shows. It even made horrible ending shows as not so bad ending. But selfish greedy Dave won't have none of that. He wants to pocket that money so he can have it for himself and run the show on a shoelace budget. You see, Dave isn't too bright. After all of this time (13 years in radio), he still doesn't get to make money you have to spend money. Dave believes you get money by having your hand out. :(