Author Topic: The Games We Play  (Read 24106 times)

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Re: The Games We Play
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2018, 12:35:24 AM »
Always loved this game.   :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Timeless.   I even had one of those handheld LED games of Yahtzee someone game me some 20 years ago.    It played perfect on that.   I'd pick it up a few times a day and play a quick round.  I only won Yahtzee on it twice in the three or four years I had it.

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2018, 02:34:53 AM »
Here's another one that burned up a lot of time:

I've never played that one.  I have a few of the Civilizations but I'm really bad at them so didn't play them much.  And Sid Meier, what a pioneer of gaming.  His name was on a lot of the great games from a while back.  Pirates, Colonization, Railroad Tycoon, F-19, Silent Service and so many more.

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2018, 02:39:00 AM »

Anybody else ever play this?  It was immense for the time.  Unbelievable what they could fit on 360k discs.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »
The Call of Juarez games are fun.  I like the western theme in the FPS's.

I have the Killing Floor 1.  That game gets to be insane.  Hi adrenaline rush.    How does 2 fair?  Is looks better.
It seems alright but I haven't spent too much time playing it.
The graphics are amazing!

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2018, 01:45:07 PM »
I've never played that one.  I have a few of the Civilizations but I'm really bad at them so didn't play them much.  And Sid Meier, what a pioneer of gaming.  His name was on a lot of the great games from a while back.  Pirates, Colonization, Railroad Tycoon, F-19, Silent Service and so many more.
Civilization Revolution is the easiest one to pick up and play.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »
This is the RTS that I spend most of my time on nowadays...

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2018, 01:16:48 AM »
This is the RTS that I spend most of my time on nowadays...

That looks pretty fun, how does it play?  Do you have to micromanage things in it?

I "wishlisted" it for when it goes on sale.

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2018, 01:18:01 AM »

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2018, 09:11:57 AM »
That looks pretty fun, how does it play?  Do you have to micromanage things in it?

I "wishlisted" it for when it goes on sale.

I really like the Viking theme so this would be in my top three RTS games. If you buy it - you'll know what you are doing by the third game - not overly complicated but a high replay value.

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2018, 09:15:15 AM »

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2018, 11:24:49 AM »
I really like the Viking theme so this would be in my top three RTS games. If you buy it - you'll know what you are doing by the third game - not overly complicated but a high replay value.

Nice to know, thanks.  I've got some that the micromanaging is so minute that you spend so much time doing that instead of playing the game.  Of course, I guess that is the game on those.  I don't mind some micromanaging but not where that's all you're doing.  Sounds like the viking theme will be a neat change.

trostol

• KIDD
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2018, 11:55:26 AM »
Just finished up South Park Fractured but Whole...was a good game..lil more developed than Stick of Truth..more ability to make the character you want...want to see where they head next

Also playing an Early Access version of a sort of minecraft clone called My Time at Portia...has a character creator..and to me a lot more to do..you have a workshop outside this small town and you do quests for the townsfolk..take building commissions..pretty nifty little game

also logging in some time on  Graveyard Keeper...sort of a clone of Stardew Valley where you ...are well a keeper of a graveyard and have to dig graves..bury bodies..but there is also some..shady things you can do

some of the other games i have played this year that stood out

Far Cry 5
Ni No Kuni 2
Flame in the Flood

looking forward to AC Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2018, 01:52:14 PM »
Looks like fun.  How long do the games usually last?

It not to bad. About 45 minutes to play a game. There's 3 stages of difficulty, I got it for Christmas and still a big challenge in hard mode. There's 7 characters to choose, each of a special skill, so each random character you and your partner choose there's a unique strategy for those skills to beat the game. There is also expansion games/sets to add on if you want but so far I only got the original

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
Just finished up South Park Fractured but Whole...was a good game..lil more developed than Stick of Truth..more ability to make the character you want...want to see where they head next

Also playing an Early Access version of a sort of minecraft clone called My Time at Portia...has a character creator..and to me a lot more to do..you have a workshop outside this small town and you do quests for the townsfolk..take building commissions..pretty nifty little game

also logging in some time on  Graveyard Keeper...sort of a clone of Stardew Valley where you ...are well a keeper of a graveyard and have to dig graves..bury bodies..but there is also some..shady things you can do

some of the other games i have played this year that stood out

Far Cry 5
Ni No Kuni 2
Flame in the Flood

looking forward to AC Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2

Aha... Southpark... Nice to know that Fractured is a good game.  Is it better than Stick in your opinion?  I love Stick of Truth, I've played it through few times and laugh at the same jokes over and over.    Stardew Valleys a neat game, I've only played it through the first summer though.  And Far Cry, love those.  I don't have 5 yet though.I haven't heard of Graveyard Keeper, will have to check that out.
edit:  Just checked it out, you're right, it looks just like Stardew Valley.  Will keep my eye on it.

Smeghead

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2018, 02:02:35 PM »
It not to bad. About 45 minutes to play a game. There's 3 stages of difficulty, I got it for Christmas and still a big challenge in hard mode. There's 7 characters to choose, each of a special skill, so each random character you and your partner choose there's a unique strategy for those skills to beat the game. There is also expansion games/sets to add on if you want but so far I only got the original

That's a good game time.  Just right.  It sounds like it grabs your attention pretty well.