Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 119356 times)

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #1065 on: January 25, 2023, 03:48:50 PM »
They actually traded three First Round picks (2021, 2022 and 2023) and a Third Round pick to draft him.

Yeah, funny thing about that.  I looked it up, and some people express it your way and some mine.  It's because the 1st round pick in 2021 was the one they swapped with Miami for their pick.

I thought about it.  What if they simply swapped picks, and there weren't any others in the deal?  Unlikely that you would say "The Niners gave up a first round pick to draft Lance."  You would probably say "The Dolphins are utter dipshits" and then hear from Dolphins fans saying, "And your point is...?"  It's more precise to say something like "The Niners traded two first round picks and a third to swap first round picks in 2021" but people like brevity even if it's not as precise, which is why they say things like "If you are vaccinated you will be safe" and "What if we brought the disinfectant into the body, sort of like a cleansing?" 

The point is that the Eagles will diesuddenly this weekend and the next chapter of "Mr. Irrelevant -- THE BROCK PURDY STORY" will be in the can. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1066 on: January 25, 2023, 04:04:38 PM »
You do?  Send dudes please.
Just stop it. You and you dudes::)

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #1067 on: January 25, 2023, 04:26:09 PM »
Just stop it. You and you dudes::)

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #1068 on: January 25, 2023, 05:05:22 PM »

The point is that the Eagles will diesuddenly this weekend and the next chapter of "Mr. Irrelevant -- THE BROCK PURDY STORY" will be in the can. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I don't think so.  Much as I respect SF, especially that stellar D, and I respect what that young QB  has accomplished, I believe his fairy tale comes crashing down at the Linc.  Dallas was able to get to him.  Philly WILL get to him.  Reddick, Hargrave, Sweat, Graham, and Co...That boy is about to be reminded of his rookie status and is gonna be running for his life. Looking forward to a good game.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #1069 on: January 25, 2023, 06:35:17 PM »
I don't think so.  Much as I respect SF, especially that stellar D, and I respect what that young QB  has accomplished, I believe his fairy tale comes crashing down at the Linc.  Dallas was able to get to him.  Philly WILL get to him.  Reddick, Hargrave, Sweat, Graham, and Co...That boy is about to be reminded of his rookie status and is gonna be running for his life. Looking forward to a good game.

Nah.  The NFL smells money in this Cinderella story.  Philly doesn't have a chance.

Wish I could watch the game.  Not broadcast here.

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
« Reply #1070 on: January 25, 2023, 06:51:52 PM »
Nah.  The NFL smells money in this Cinderella story.  Philly doesn't have a chance.

Wish I could watch the game.  Not broadcast here.

Can you stream it somehow?  This is going to be a game of games!  Two killer defenses, two QBs, one an mvp finalist, and the other your Cinderella story.
 'Cept Cinderella 'bout to lose her virtue.  That boy is walking into a buzzsaw.  I'll alow, Nick Bosa is the scariest SOB out there and I believe SF is better coached.  Are you sure you can't figure a way to watch this game?

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #1071 on: January 25, 2023, 07:35:54 PM »
Can you stream it somehow?  This is going to be a game of games!  Two killer defenses, two QBs, one an mvp finalist, and the other your Cinderella story.
 'Cept Cinderella 'bout to lose her virtue.  That boy is walking into a buzzsaw.  I'll alow, Nick Bosa is the scariest SOB out there and I believe SF is better coached.  Are you sure you can't figure a way to watch this game?

Every year since 2015 I have taken great care to not open any web sites while at work, or watch TV, or anything on what is your Super Bowl Sunday and my Monday morning.  I repeatedly check a bittorrent site until someone posts a video of the Super Bowl game.  Then I download it, and when work is finished I take it home and watch it.

I haven't tried that with the league championship games but this one would be worth the try.  I agree that it is going to be a corker.  Whomever wins will face Cincinnati, I think.  That should be a good game too.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #1072 on: January 26, 2023, 04:27:16 PM »
'Cept Cinderella 'bout to lose her virtue.  That boy is walking into a buzzsaw. 

Greg Papa thinks that the way to beat the Eagles is to run, run, run.  Run defence is the Eagles' Achilles heel.  The Niners can do it.  They have Multiple Real Dudes in McCaffrey, Samuel, and Mitchell.  And that kind of attack would allow Cinderella some breathing space.

Shanahan is no fool.  Watch the Niners run the ball forty times in this game.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1073 on: January 26, 2023, 05:18:01 PM »
Greg Papa thinks that the way to beat the Eagles is to run, run, run.  Run defence is the Eagles' Achilles heel.  The Niners can do it.  They have Multiple Real Dudes in McCaffrey, Samuel, and Mitchell.  And that kind of attack would allow Cinderella some breathing space.

They're a run-first team anyway.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #1074 on: January 26, 2023, 05:47:53 PM »
They're a run-first team anyway.

Yeah.  The Eagles are going to have to score on every possession, which won't be easy against that defence.

Are you picking the Eagles?  Let's make a bet.

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
« Reply #1075 on: January 26, 2023, 06:22:56 PM »

Eagles finished in the middle of the pack against the run.  Howie recruited some hitters and it paid off.  But yeah, SF will have to run.  Can't pass it against Philly very easily.  SF losses
 came from teams with mobile quarterbacks.  We got the most mobile.  And your secondary is exploitable.  Look, No matter how you want to slice it, no matter what stat you want to measure, this is one hell of a matchup.  The way Philly dismantled the Vagiants once they were  healthy vs. Niners winning streak?  Boom!  But I have faith in Philadelphia for this matchup.  I think they get it done at home. 

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1076 on: January 26, 2023, 06:57:28 PM »
...  SF losses came from teams with mobile quarterbacks....

Those were early season, with different 49er QBs, before the offence jelled and they got McCaffrey.

That said, everyone has problems with mobile QBs.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1077 on: January 26, 2023, 07:03:48 PM »
Yeah.  The Eagles are going to have to score on every possession, which won't be easy against that defence.

Are you picking the Eagles?  Let's make a bet.

I'm always aware of my team's weaknesses and don't follow the league enough to really know the other team.

I got sucked in and have watched some of the games, including enough of the Philadelphia/Giants game to know the D and the QB are scary.  I think the 49ers have the edge in all categories except 49er passing against Phil defense.  Categories being both teams running against the defense, both passing against the D, coaching, and special teams.

The Eagles may have a slight edge just because they're home, but am confident the 49ers will find a way.  It's really too close to call, but let's say 20-17 49ers.

God, please no 49er bonehead plays at the end, especially clock management or shit ref calls or non-calls.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #1078 on: January 26, 2023, 07:25:32 PM »
God, please no 49er bonehead plays at the end, especially clock management or shit ref calls or non-calls.

Purdy thinks quickly and is very composed.  He has yet to throw an interception in the playoffs.   Shanahan gave him a ton of shit for almost letting the clock run out before throwing the ball away against Dallas.  I don't foresee any stupid Dallas-like mistakes from this team and this coach.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
« Reply #1079 on: January 26, 2023, 07:37:29 PM »
Look, No matter how you want to slice it, no matter what stat you want to measure, this is one hell of a matchup.

There are four great teams in the finals, all of whom could arguably be in the Super Bowl, if not win it.  This is the best time of the year for football fans, and this year will be special.

The Niners/Eagles game starts at 4:00am Monday local time.  I might be able to get a video of the game by the time that I get to work.  Then I have to stay the hell off the Internet for the rest of the day.  Fingers crossed.