Author Topic: Spookcats' Summaries  (Read 125429 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
Re: Spookcats' Summaries
« Reply #375 on: February 11, 2019, 07:49:39 AM »
Non-Maru question, is the metal enclosure around the wood stove meant to prevent children from injury? The Japanese think of everything, don't they.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #376 on: February 11, 2019, 08:36:53 AM »

The new star of Ellgab. Maru! My morning chuckle provider. He's looking a bit seasick at the end before he discovers the stoptool. Thanks, @Spookcat . I needed that 😺
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #377 on: February 11, 2019, 04:41:38 PM »
Non-Maru question, is the metal enclosure around the wood stove meant to prevent children from injury? The Japanese think of everything, don't they.

Probably children and the cats. You never see the owners so I really don't know who lives there besides Mugumogu and Maru and Hana.

I'm usually distracted by the cow with the spotted map ^^;
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #378 on: February 11, 2019, 05:33:58 PM »
 ;D ;D

..saw that too. cool...

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2019, 03:24:37 AM »
There's going to be a little podcast tonight. Just letting you know.

Also, Maru!!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2019, 06:28:23 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2019, 07:55:04 AM »

Also, Maru!!

Arigato Maru and Spookcat 😸
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2019, 09:15:07 AM »

Also, Maru!!

TY.

Btw Maru is addictive. Just sayin'. ::)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #383 on: February 22, 2019, 01:06:55 AM »
Round of Drama for February 22, 2019

Yay! Drama!
It's just like old times with Heather-related drama, isn't it? >^~.~^<

• @DynamoHum interviews "Producer Tony"!
    https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZPM4d7ZgaXjoyngIY5KnSHNJW6hQ4SaCC3V
  • And the reactions begin!

With regard to Tony, I do think a certain amount of this is culture shock.

*Driving through the desert at 90mph at night, not all that unusual. With the lights off is kind of odd, but she might have an issue with night glare and could drive just as safely in ambient moonlight and city glow. In that case you might want to slow down to 70 or 75. Is it possible Tony confused MPH and KM/h?
    * Not keeping food around, eating boxed salads = dieting. Beer is dual purpose. A sandwich in every bottle  ;D When you are single what is the point of having a full refrigerator?
    * With regard to the cats, they are both just very shy. He was a stranger in the house. I have been known to shriek as well when visitors stand in the doorway for more than a few seconds or don't check the screen door is latched, because that is when Dyna has been known to saunter out. Indoor cats are indoor cats, period, dot, end of story. When they get out bad stuff happens.  Dyna also likes loud music! It wasn't the noise or music, it was the strange person in the house. It takes a few days/weeks for them to adjust.
    *I don't think the music was meant to torment Tony. The loud music was played from an adjoining room so she could hear it at a fair volume in her room. I know I play rock music at a fair volume whenever I am not listening to a specific radio show, even when I sleep.
    *The coffee-pot incident. Seriously. Who hasn't cussed someone out and smashed something. You sweep it up, go oh well, and hopefully it wasn't something too expensive. These things happen all the time, most just don't talk about it.
    *Not showering before heading out. Easy. While Tony was a "friendly stranger" the bathroom doors might not be truly lockable. Possibly there are other shyness issues of transferring down the hall all wet, no make-up etc.
    *The paranoia. While we didn't hear specific examples besides the blinds, it is well justified in this day and age. What if he Tony did have a camera? Was going through documents and drawers. Or people really were peeking in the windows? (I don't allow stray phones of the new style in my house. Keep them in a bag or a pocket.) Truth is she never fully trusted Tony.
    *16 inch monitor for the computer in the bedroom. That is pretty cool, actually.
    *Poppy tea. Harmless if it is not consumed too much.
    *The studio. Its not really outdated at all. What did he expect? Most of that stuff is top-of-the-line equipment. Pictures have been available for years. The only thing I would recommend is getting that rack-mounted equipment off the floor.
    *Two hours late to the airport. Its easy to have mess ups here, traffic jams and have wires crossed and other confusion. Perfect storm recipe for getting lost, panic attacks and other things. Would end up being almost an all day thing. I'd gladly pay a cab $150 to avoid this kind of situation and even act more stoned than I really was just to make this an easy out. She did have the bearings to call the cab for him. She couldn't have been that stoned  :D
    *If someone trimmed their nails laying on your floor would you have them back? Yuck!! Of course you would assign them cleaning tasks as punishment so hopefully they would not return!
    *The outfit at the airport. Its Las Vegas. As long as its not indecent, who cares? All these prim and proper people, geez.

In short, nothing too shocking to me at all. She might not be the best house hostess, namely because she doesn't get many guests even in years past.

I've spent quite a bit of time crossing Indian reservations and I can tell you that it is anything but uncommon to see Navajos in their pickup trucks as late as 10 PM with the lights out, and not because of glare or full moon either. It always freaks me out because you can come up on them from behind far too quickly to react. It's a sure ticket if someone other than a Rez cop sees you driving blind too.

The empty frig thing is basic junky behavior. Their priority is getting high not eating.

Certain cats are extremely shy around strangers, and hers apparently rarely get guests, so that fits.

2 hours late for an international visitor is inexcusable - period. Does she not have a cell phone to call the airport so they can broadcast a courtesy phone message to him?

Cowboy outfit - yeah it's Vegas baby! Losta oddballs in that desert.

The constant vaping and weed will catch up to her, if they already haven't. As for drugs - intimated but never observed. Have to consider that she may simply be an all day all weed stoner as opposed to anything harder.

But it's the paranoia commentary that made me roll my eyes a bit ::) I mean what on earth does she have to paranoid about with two dedicated Art fansites dissecting her every move, plus a host of Facebook groups to boot. Add in the adoring stalker or two like Jedimiller and you begin to get the sense that her privacy is nil and for the gift of that she doesn't even have a steady gig to balance it with.

While person can learn to run a board and cue up carts and such in three hours most college broadcast courses last a semester, so indeed she was doing rather well at one point before the collapse. I've commented before that her intros and outros improved, clock management too. I would also say that simply having someone on the phone to try and troubleshoot those embarrassing dead air incidents isn't nearly as reassuring as having them walk over, flip a switch or fade a slider pot to music. Art did her zero favors with his meager instruction. How can a man be in the business his whole life, write a book on it and then shaft his "legacy" when she founders? Really I am less and less impressed with Art as the story works its way through her colleagues' several tellings.

Tony was not overly cutting in his presentation, but it wasn't a narrative told without some coloration and indeed speculation. I think, as bizarre as the visit was, we generally got his version of the straight story and one can't fault him for trying to explain how utterly surreal the entire incident was.  Dwindling Stacks was, I feel, a lot less dramatic in his retelling, even laconic if you will.

Golly I'm glad not to have as many people psychoanalyzing my life as Heather has parsing hers.

Now Tony concluded by stating he does believe she'll be back at some point. For her sake, and knowing she doesn't even bother to read the books submitted (or scan them anyway), before her guests come on I think she'd best can the idea of ever recovering her audience, let alone guests like Michio Kaku who know freakshow when they see one.

And if she's truly threatened by having female guests on (I checked it wasn't only men at all) she's disguised it rather well from the programs I have listened to, so that one I am dismissing for now.

Dyna I salute your objectivity in presenting the other side of the coin here, you did some credible analysis. :)

To the typical middle class American she would sound strange. Putting it all in perspective, there is no jigsaw puzzle, no great mystery, just a person that is suffering and trying to hang on this world.

He is surprised she doesn't get help from the psychiatric folk? Really? They typically just pop out pills with side effects and most are caught up in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and shove little bits of paper with cute exercises and acronyms in your face and really don't want to hear about your problems from the past. Its not for everyone, especially those that are sensitive or spiritual.  She probably has been that route already with the typical CBT types. To try and find someone that really cares, that is a trick and a half.

I'm not surprised in the slightest that Karen wouldn't understand her and would immediately judge. I'm not surprised that Airyn, Asia and Art would be nice to her at first and Airyn would turn under the circumstances.  I'm not surprised Carl would mess with her, nor Vara. Keith would lose his patience quickly here as well and would have tolerated what he experienced mostly for Art's sake and to keep the business running.

As for facebook groups, no matter how well meaning they are they are, most are pretty clueless and sometimes pretty vile. How she would just sooner delete the pages one minute and then get a notion to stir them up the next. Easy to see.

If Tony or any other visitor had let a cat out even on accident, they would have been booted outside the gates with no chance of recourse ever and be doxxed clear into next year and maybe worse. And he is thinking she is tormenting the cats with the music? Seriously?

And as for the invoice, that makes sense. If you wanted to leave a note you are not going to look for stationery, your going to grab the nearest piece of paper available, right?  Who walks around with invoices early in the morning? There would barely need to be a sentence. "Bye" or "143" or some HAM sign off would be a good enough hint.
  • Lasha reacts in real time on Facebook and uses bad language!
     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
  • Hi fluffy! Have a nice night
     [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
  • Many of us learned what "Boxed Salad" is. Thank you for not letting me be the only one who didn't know that.

What comes next? Who knows?! But it might be fun. Psst! Drama page has 5669 pages of random things.

To leave you for now, is a quote I'd put in the upper right corner if we did that sort of stuff. Why? Because I have no idea what led up to this, but I am highly amused. Thanks, @KSM32 !

@Bart Ell I, am aware of that, Bart. 

This is all the result of the Farm Penis incident.

Also a short for my animal lovers that will make you feel emotions.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #384 on: February 22, 2019, 01:34:22 AM »
@Spookcat  First of all, thank you and +1. But I must warn you.. Farm Penis is not for everybody. Look away dear lady, LOOK AWAY!

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #385 on: February 22, 2019, 09:33:42 AM »
Also a short for my animal lovers that will make you feel emotions.

Yes it did - good ones too, ty. 8)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
« Reply #386 on: March 19, 2019, 06:04:13 AM »
Hello!

Ellgabbers are still around, unlike HW, who is still taking subscription money for doing absolutely nothing! So if you happen to have $5 you just want to throw away, feel free to toss it to her...or Falkie. (Personally, I'd send it to Falkie, he's more reliable.)

The rest of us have basically all moved on. Bart has tricks and woo up his sleeve. The Little Podcast is still putting out episodes sporadically, and all other hosts have been doing their jobs like their subscribers pay them to. 😺

The drama thread has basically become the watering hole to random conversation with only slight mentions every now and then of HW or her crazy Infringers.

Have a good day!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #387 on: March 19, 2019, 07:02:32 AM »

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #388 on: March 19, 2019, 10:07:29 AM »
@Spookcat I am still baffled at how the animals in Japan seem more mellow. Its like they are straight out of a Golden storybook or something.  They get along with people like in the pastel paintings made by Jehovah's witnesses where all the people and animals are getting along hunky dory.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Malliard

• KNYE
    • The Malliard Report
« Reply #389 on: March 19, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »
Hello!

Ellgabbers are still around, unlike HW, who is still taking subscription money for doing absolutely nothing! So if you happen to have $5 you just want to throw away, feel free to toss it to her...or Falkie. (Personally, I'd send it to Falkie, he's more reliable.)

The rest of us have basically all moved on. Bart has tricks and woo up his sleeve. The Little Podcast is still putting out episodes sporadically, and all other hosts have been doing their jobs like their subscribers pay them to. 😺

The drama thread has basically become the watering hole to random conversation with only slight mentions every now and then of HW or her crazy Infringers.

Have a good day!

or dont even pay me to.. o wait thats another can of worms...
Host of The Malliard Report