Author Topic: Theories On Why MV Is Selling Bellgab And What Happened  (Read 214623 times)

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
Theories On Why MV Is Selling Bellgab And What Happened
« on: July 05, 2018, 08:36:29 AM »
All,
I am wondering what led up to this decision. I had not read in about a week or so and someone sent me a facebook message saying bellgab was no more and now for sale. Any thoughts or information? I feel like I need closure. LOL!

Radio Activity

Re: Theories On Why MV Is Selling Bellgab And What Happened
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:42:06 AM »
Someone needs a hug, and attention.

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
  • Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:43:20 AM »
I don't know, it was up last night before I went to bed.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 08:43:29 AM »
Someone needs a hug, and attention.
LMAO. Don't we all? Well I am sad about it. I take breaks here and there but I usually read a couple of times a week.

Radio Activity

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 08:43:55 AM »
If he were really selling the site then he did the stupidest thing in the world by shutting it down.

Some of us are interesting in taking it over, but we can longer reach each other with the site down. Also, if he really wanted to sell then he would respond to email questions and offers.

Gotta be an attention seeking ploy.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 08:45:59 AM »
If he were really selling the site then he he did the stupidest thing in the world by cutting it down.

Some of us are interesting in taking it over, but we can longer reach each other with the site down. Also, if he really wanted to sell then he would respond to email questions and offers.

Gotta be an attention seeking ploy.
So wait, he's not responding to people emailing him? I think your theory could possibly have some weight to it. I wondered if like before at times when they did the fake site hacking if this too was a publicity stunt? Time will tell. In the meantime Praise BartEl

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 08:46:24 AM »
The Twitter account has also been deleted. I wonder if there was a domestic spat over the BBQ about bandwidth charges etc.It’s very sad and I am a bit worried for MV. I hope everything is ok.

If this isn’t a temporary flounce, it is a very good opp. For KR to take it on.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 08:48:41 AM »
Taking it on as a co-operative with ad sense paying the bills would also be an option .. it just seems an absolute fucking travesty to allow it to disappear. It’s got a lot of history, it’s own legacy and it is a well rounded and well formed community.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Radio Activity

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 08:49:03 AM »
The Twitter account has also been deleted. I wonder if there was a domestic spat over the BBQ about bandwidth charges etc.It’s very sad and I am a bit worried for MV. I hope everything is ok.

The twitter account was banned months ago.

Radio Activity

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 08:50:03 AM »
I don't have a twitter account, but those that do should be posting about this site with a #bellgab

I'm sure more than a few bell gabbers would appreciate it.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 08:50:35 AM »

I hope it's temporary. I didn't read the events leading up to it because I was on vacation this last weekend and part of the week. I know they were working on a bellgathon for raising money. UFO ship was still up this morning as I popped into chat to see if anyone knew anything. They did not.

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »
Taking it on as a co-operative with ad sense paying the bills would also be an option .. it just seems an absolute fucking travesty to allow it to disappear. It’s got a lot of history, it’s own legacy and it is a well rounded and well formed community.
Losing the history is sad. But if I remember right he killed a previous board too. But that was before my time. I think a group of people could share the tasks. I don't have any capital but I would be happy to help on in any other way that I can. Bart Ell is on twitter and he tweeted about it.

Radio Activity

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 08:57:16 AM »
Losing the history is sad. But if I remember right he killed a previous board too. But that was before my time. I think a group of people could share the tasks. I don't have any capital but I would be happy to help on in any other way that I can. Bart Ell is on twitter and he tweeted about it.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/bellgab.com

Sergeant Major

• Ellightened
  • Out in the West Texas town of El Paso
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
Well, at least me have this one

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 09:06:02 AM »
OMG - it’s got to be Heater and Vara and Carl and their minions. A DNS attack wasn’t enough. Boo, hoo, hoo. I can’t do a show tonight. Where’s that last cigarette?
Merry Christmas