Author Topic: Random pictures of my great work. You're welcome.  (Read 41252 times)

sumethinz new

• KDWN
Re: Random pictures of my great work. You're welcome.
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2019, 07:32:57 AM »
Might as well put it in this thread so everyone can see it's working.  Yes, I got that notif'n as well as another saying ksm mentioned me.

Thanks, Robert. Do people ever call you Bob, and if so, do you mind? It's an odd thing, in my mind, to do so (call William Bill, Robert Bob etc.) but it is a thing.

How was the New Year? Don't worry about replying if you think it a trite question because I'll understand.

I had a wonderfully slothful New Years in front of the Netflix drinking a bit and eating horrible delivery pizza. The dreadful pizza pie was my own damn fault because I know that I get that certain food craving after a few shots of Cuervo with a beer or three. You know what they say, piss poor planning makes for piss poor results, and all that! And so now I've wasted a perfectly reasonable cheat day on some utter chain restaurant bullshit that tasted like the box it was delivered in, instead of the heavenly anchovy and black olive stuff that the mom-and-pop down the road crafts for me when I'm in the condition to drive there. Oh well, we all have our crosses to bear

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »
While we're asking @Robert questions; Robert, I am of the assumption that you live in New Jersey.. correct? If so, perhaps you could help me with this. I will be traveling to Keyport in July for a speed bag convention/gathering. We will be beating the shit out of bags of all sizes for an entire weekend and it's going to be fucking wonderful.
I digress as I get back to my question. My flight lands in Newark and from there I am to rent a car and travel south down the garden state parkway. Are you familiar with the area? Google directions have proved to be fruitless. Is the GSP in close proximity to the airport in Newark? The idea is to rent a car, get in and start the car, and then head to Keyport without getting lost resulting in pulling over and crying at the roadside :D I thank you in advance for any information you may have.

Soon we'll get back on track and discuss flooring.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2019, 06:47:41 PM »
While we're asking @Robert questions; Robert, I am of the assumption that you live in New Jersey.. correct? If so, perhaps you could help me with this. I will be traveling to Keyport in July for a speed bag convention/gathering. We will be beating the shit out of bags of all sizes for an entire weekend and it's going to be fucking wonderful.
I digress as I get back to my question. My flight lands in Newark and from there I am to rent a car and travel south down the garden state parkway. Are you familiar with the area? Google directions have proved to be fruitless. Is the GSP in close proximity to the airport in Newark? The idea is to rent a car, get in and start the car, and then head to Keyport without getting lost resulting in pulling over and crying at the roadside :D I thank you in advance for any information you may have.

Soon we'll get back on track and discuss flooring.

Ask @AngiefromNJ
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2019, 06:53:33 PM »
Ok.

Your speed-bag training also might come in more handy than you want/expect if you get off on the wrong exits and accidentally visit certain areas!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2019, 07:02:32 PM »
Ok.

p.s. Prepay the fuel on the rental car. I think New Jersey is the only state that doesn’t allow you to pump your own gas. And it’s a bitch trying to get fueled up near Newark airport.
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2019, 07:08:03 PM »
p.s. Prepay the fuel on the rental car. I think New Jersey is the only state that doesn’t allow you to pump your own gas. And it’s a bitch trying to get fueled up near Newark airport.

Or look to see if the train has a stop near where you want to go.   You might get lucky.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »
Or look to see if the train has a stop near where you want to go.   You might get lucky.
@Walks_At_Night That is actually the best scenario. Keyport is tiny and I don't need a care, really.
That's good to know. Thank you.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2019, 07:18:55 PM »
Your speed-bag training also might come in more handy than you want/expect if you get off on the wrong exits and accidentally visit certain areas!
Hehehe ;D

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2019, 08:44:49 PM »
And most of Oregon.  Oregon is nice to people in pain, and lifts the heavy pump for them!  No more dropping the hose by accident!  Yay!

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2019, 08:16:40 AM »
Ask @AngiefromNJ
You can hop right on the GSP from Newark airport. To get on GSP you go to exit 11. :)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2019, 06:08:21 PM »
You can hop right on the GSP from Newark airport. To get on GSP you go to exit 11. :)
@AngiefromNJ Thank you for that. Puts me at ease. If I get on to the right exit to Keyport, I'm golden! :)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2019, 06:11:59 PM »
@AngiefromNJ Thank you for that. Puts me at ease. If I get on to the right exit to Keyport, I'm golden! :)

You said it was for a Speed Bag get together?   Perhaps this Gramps will be there.  Still getting it done at 85.

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2019, 06:15:21 PM »
Just remember on some of our exits in NJ they are on the left!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2019, 08:07:13 PM »
You said it was for a Speed Bag get together?   Perhaps this Gramps will be there.  Still getting it done at 85.

First of all, I like that the sons paid a surprise visit. Nice stuff.

@Walks_At_Night   That is basically what happens there. This year will be the annual 10th gathering. But it'll be my first time attending :D  This guy, Alan Khan literally wrote the book on it. Here's a very brief look into it. It gets really, really fast and fierce with elbows and fists from all around the bag.