Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 581599 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #885 on: October 22, 2019, 07:55:21 AM »
@VampireLily does AI really think, or does it just quickly access existing data?

@Scary Penis I’m glad you said lasagna stew. When I zoomed in, it looked like black-eyed peas in some kind of red sauce with dumplings.

@juan Wouldn't rudimentary AI at least have to extrapolate from available data? Like the chess and Go playing computers. Otherwise wouldn't it just be a fancy calculator?
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #886 on: October 22, 2019, 12:18:53 PM »
There were some classics in that bunch of 66!

As for NYC...  What?  Did it turn back into a shithole 10 years ago???  I thought Rudy cleaned the place up (at least the tourist centers).

Actually, Rudy was good at the street-level cleanup, and yes including the spitting windshield "washers." His approach, understandably, was that of a former prosecutor, and he mostly did a good job on crime due to choosing good police commissioners, But the underlying financial structure of the city was not in good shape, and as usual there were all kinds of corruption going on under his watch (standard for NYC and NY State, btw).

The guy who really did the city a lot of good over the long term was Bloomberg, who actually seems to be incorruptible, has integrity, and is truly a self-realized businessman who started out with nothing and built an empire on his own. He made a number of quality-of-life decisions for the city with which I strongly disagreed, like the type and method of bike lanes installed which totally screwed up traffic instead of improving it and protecting bikers (who don't use the lanes anyway, this is NYC remember  ;) ). But overall, he left the city in MUCH better shape than when he took over as mayor.

The city is now totally unaffordable, taxes are insane, traffic is even worse under DiBlasio, who seems to be a waste of the air he reportedly breathes, and conditions under him are reverting back to more of the mess they were pre-Bloomberg.

Tbh, I wish Bloomberg would become President. He is actually liberal re: the arts, pro-immigration but absolutely pro-law enforcement of immigration policies, financially sane and sound, and a tough and balanced negotiator. But it will never happen for five reasons:

1. He is from New York City, and I think we have had enough of politicians from both parties from NYC for now;
2. He has switched parties several times;
3. He is Jewish;
4. He has a long-time powerhouse girlfriend who has a major career in public service of her own and who is taller than he is; and
5. He is a short man.

The fact that he is an eccentric Aquarius and installed fishtanks all over the open office plan for his staff when he was mayor somewhat mitigates #5, in my opinion, but not sufficiently that he would ever stand a chance of being elected.

It's a shame, really, he's more centrist and sane than most, and would do his best to serve the interests of all his constituents as best he could, as he did when he was mayor. I say this even though I didn't like some of what he did... but I never questioned his integrity, which is going some in our current political environment.

Ah well, it is what it is.  :)

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #887 on: October 22, 2019, 07:22:18 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that some of you aren’t exactly pulling your weight...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-pile-uneaten-bacon-biggest-220335498.html
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #888 on: October 22, 2019, 08:26:32 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that some of you aren’t exactly pulling your weight...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-pile-uneaten-bacon-biggest-220335498.html

Dire

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #889 on: October 22, 2019, 08:41:19 PM »

I do my best most weekends, but it's the nitrate-free sustainably raised stuff, which I broil. Soooooooo good! If you are willing to come over and clean up the broiling pan and deal with the grease after I'm done, I will be happy to do my part to consume more.  ;D
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #890 on: October 22, 2019, 08:50:31 PM »
I do my best most weekends, but it's the nitrate-free sustainably raised stuff, which I broil. Soooooooo good! If you are willing to come over and clean up the broiling pan and deal with the grease after I'm done, I will be happy to do my part to consume more.  ;D

The grease is invaluable for all sorts of culinary misdeeds!
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #891 on: October 22, 2019, 09:19:54 PM »
@VampireLily does AI really think, or does it just quickly access existing data?

@Scary Penis I’m glad you said lasagna stew. When I zoomed in, it looked like black-eyed peas in some kind of red sauce with dumplings.
@juan  it was fricken great! Really hearty stuff.  Basically somebody in the back made a great lasagna. A Soup Of The Day had not yet been decided on.. so they cut chunks of lasagna and tossed them in a blender as ordered. Not completely blended but more like pulsed a few times. I called it a lasagna stew, it was not a soup but more of a rather wonderful muck!   

The hotdog sucked. I would rather a thicker juicier wiener shortened by about two inches. I don't like them hanging out of the buns like that.

Well that last part doesn't read weird at all, does it :-\ ::)  meh

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #892 on: October 22, 2019, 11:52:00 PM »
Actually, Rudy was good at the street-level cleanup, and yes including the spitting windshield "washers." His approach, understandably, was that of a former prosecutor, and he mostly did a good job on crime due to choosing good police commissioners, But the underlying financial structure of the city was not in good shape, and as usual there were all kinds of corruption going on under his watch (standard for NYC and NY State, btw).

The guy who really did the city a lot of good over the long term was Bloomberg, who actually seems to be incorruptible, has integrity, and is truly a self-realized businessman who started out with nothing and built an empire on his own. He made a number of quality-of-life decisions for the city with which I strongly disagreed, like the type and method of bike lanes installed which totally screwed up traffic instead of improving it and protecting bikers (who don't use the lanes anyway, this is NYC remember  ;) ). But overall, he left the city in MUCH better shape than when he took over as mayor.

The city is now totally unaffordable, taxes are insane, traffic is even worse under DiBlasio, who seems to be a waste of the air he reportedly breathes, and conditions under him are reverting back to more of the mess they were pre-Bloomberg.

Tbh, I wish Bloomberg would become President. He is actually liberal re: the arts, pro-immigration but absolutely pro-law enforcement of immigration policies, financially sane and sound, and a tough and balanced negotiator. But it will never happen for five reasons:

1. He is from New York City, and I think we have had enough of politicians from both parties from NYC for now;
2. He has switched parties several times;
3. He is Jewish;
4. He has a long-time powerhouse girlfriend who has a major career in public service of her own and who is taller than he is; and
5. He is a short man.

The fact that he is an eccentric Aquarius and installed fishtanks all over the open office plan for his staff when he was mayor somewhat mitigates #5, in my opinion, but not sufficiently that he would ever stand a chance of being elected.

It's a shame, really, he's more centrist and sane than most, and would do his best to serve the interests of all his constituents as best he could, as he did when he was mayor. I say this even though I didn't like some of what he did... but I never questioned his integrity, which is going some in our current political environment.

Ah well, it is what it is.  :)

I really enjoyed reading this, a very thoughtful piece of on NY mayors

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #893 on: October 23, 2019, 12:05:27 AM »
@juan  it was fricken great! Really hearty stuff.  Basically somebody in the back made a great lasagna. A Soup Of The Day had not yet been decided on.. so they cut chunks of lasagna and tossed them in a blender as ordered. Not completely blended but more like pulsed a few times. I called it a lasagna stew, it was not a soup but more of a rather wonderful muck!   

The hotdog sucked. I would rather a thicker juicier wiener shortened by about two inches. I don't like them hanging out of the buns like that.

Well that last part doesn't read weird at all, does it :-\ ::)  meh

The length grabs attention, getting compliments from some and will scare some off...

More surface area to burn.
Eh, nevermind...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #894 on: October 23, 2019, 12:34:33 AM »
The length grabs attention, getting compliments from some and will scare some off...

More surface area to burn.
This reads very oddly to a visitor.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #895 on: October 23, 2019, 08:34:06 AM »
This reads very oddly to a visitor.

Hahaha!  Just like the original post!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Eh, nevermind...

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #896 on: October 23, 2019, 11:26:07 AM »
I really enjoyed reading this, a very thoughtful piece of on NY mayors

Thank you, @Zetaspeak. And the timing for this comment was perfect. Judge Judy announced today that for the first time in her 30-year career she is endorsing someone for President even though he's not running now... Mike Bloomberg!

Who knew we'd get such confirmation from such an auspicious source, and so soon!  8) ;D 8)

+1 to you!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #897 on: October 23, 2019, 01:16:09 PM »
Of course it’s Bloomberg who is running around the country trying to ban guns. Everywhere is not NYC.
Merry Christmas

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #898 on: October 23, 2019, 05:55:20 PM »
Of course it’s Bloomberg who is running around the country trying to ban guns. Everywhere is not NYC.

He is??
That is NOT ok.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #899 on: October 23, 2019, 06:25:34 PM »
He is??
That is NOT ok.

Actually, he is not trying to ban all guns, he is advocating stronger, better background checks. I do think he is anti-assault weapons, but not properly licensed handguns and regular rifles, like for hunting.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get into a political discussion, I was just saying I wish someone who was not so far-right or far-left who has common sense and integrity would run is all. No worries!