Author Topic: NOV. / DEC. FUNDRAISER - Disabled American Veterans  (Read 5004 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
NOV. / DEC. FUNDRAISER - Disabled American Veterans
« on: October 31, 2019, 09:14:25 PM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our November revenue to Disabled American Veterans - DAV.

Thanks to @FISH for recommending a disabled veterans charity.
This month is to honor MR FISH John.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting https://www.dav.org

DAV is a nonprofit charity that provides a lifetime of support for veterans of all generations and their families, helping more than 1 million veterans in positive, life-changing ways each year. Annually, the organization provides more than 600,000 rides to veterans attending medical appointments and assists veterans with well over 200,000 benefit claims. In 2018, DAV helped veterans receive more than $20 billion in earned benefits. DAV’s services are offered at no cost to all generations of veterans, their families and survivors.

DAV is also a leader in connecting veterans with meaningful employment, hosting job fairs and providing resources to ensure they have the opportunity to participate in the American Dream their sacrifices have made possible.

With nearly 1,300 chapters and more than 1 million members across the country, DAV empowers our nation’s heroes and their families by helping to provide the resources they need and ensuring our nation keeps the promises made to them.

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: NOVEMBER FUNDRAISER - Disabled American Veterans
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 09:16:38 PM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our November revenue to Disabled American Veterans - DAV.

DAV is a nonprofit charity that provides a lifetime of support for veterans of all generations and their families, helping more than 1 million veterans in positive, life-changing ways each year. Annually, the organization provides more than 600,000 rides to veterans attending medical appointments and assists veterans with well over 200,000 benefit claims. In 2018, DAV helped veterans receive more than $20 billion in earned benefits. DAV’s services are offered at no cost to all generations of veterans, their families and survivors.

DAV is also a leader in connecting veterans with meaningful employment, hosting job fairs and providing resources to ensure they have the opportunity to participate in the American Dream their sacrifices have made possible.

With nearly 1,300 chapters and more than 1 million members across the country, DAV empowers our nation’s heroes and their families by helping to provide the resources they need and ensuring our nation keeps the promises made to them.

Very good.

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 09:45:49 PM »

Bart, I love you for picking DAV! I work in the Louisiana State Headquarters of DAV and I can vouch for what an awesome organization it is. Our motto is “Veterans Helping Veterans” and indeed it is an every moment thing to make sure our vets, especially our service connected disabled vets, get every single thing they need and deserve to make their lives better.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »

Good for you, Bart!

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 02:11:52 AM »
Nice one Bart, thinking of you John.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 08:04:51 AM »
What a strange world we live in.
Last night, after all my trick or treaters were gone, my home was so quiet and I was so sad. I started to take a peek into Mrs. Thompson’s office. However, a fellow, Terry who has retired from the VA Administration contacted me. Terry’s brother, Harry was KIA during the Vietnam War. Harry is buried in a National Cemetery. Terry and another guy named, Billy from the DAV office helped John to receive his status as 100% combat related, permanent disability rating from the VA many years ago. John had triggered a land mine with his right foot while serving in the USA army.

Since John was recently buried in a National Cemetery, Terry asked me for some help. Terry’s mom wants to be buried with her son, Harry. After talking with Terry for over an hour, I was sleepy. Terry thanked me for helping his family. I thanked Terry for helping John so many years ago. Terry and I honor our Veterans by helping each other. Thank you @Bart Ell for November's fundraiser, @Jayzelady for your work with DAV.
For friendship..well you know who you are...

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »
What a strange world we live in.
Last night, after all my trick or treaters were gone, my home was so quiet and I was so sad. I started to take a peek into Mrs. Thompson’s office. However, a fellow, Terry who has retired from the VA Administration contacted me. Terry’s brother, Harry was KIA during the Vietnam War. Harry is buried in a National Cemetery. Terry and another guy named, Billy from the DAV office helped John to receive his status as 100% combat related, permanent disability rating from the VA many years ago. John had triggered a land mine with his right foot while serving in the USA army.

Since John was recently buried in a National Cemetery, Terry asked me for some help. Terry’s mom wants to be buried with her son, Harry. After talking with Terry for over an hour, I was sleepy. Terry thanked me for helping his family. I thanked Terry for helping John so many years ago. Terry and I honor our Veterans by helping each other. Thank you @Bart Ell for November's fundraiser, @Jayzelady for your work with DAV.
For friendship..well you know who you are...

And a big 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 to you, too, @FISH for your caring and concern and work to make life better each day for our vets. Like the saying goes.....Freedom is not free. God bless our active military, our veterans, and their families. And, may God bless America.

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 01:38:31 AM »

Shared and then some. ;)

+1 Bart.  :-*

FightTheFuture

• KMST
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 03:24:26 AM »
That`s right neighborly of you, Bart. Speaking as a disabled vet, who has benefited from DAV`s efforts on my behalf,  I thank you -- and everyone -- who donates to this worthy organization.
พระเจ้าอวยพรหมูป่า !!

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 11:30:15 PM »
The DAV is good people. Awsome  8)

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 01:06:30 AM »
This Veteran thanks each and every one of you for your donations and your kliks!

Satute!

:)
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 05:26:24 AM »
DAV is one of the organizations that is on the up and up.
“Veterans Helping Veterans”

I did not want to attend the big Veterans Day service in my city--just too sad.  Yet, it was not a cold day. I decided to clean up our local Veterans's Memorial. So out I went with a large trash bag and pulled myself together.
Thanks Bart for the EllGab November fundraiser.  Thanks to all who are clicking the advertisements.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: NOV. / DEC. FUNDRAISER - Disabled American Veterans
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »
Hey @FISH what do you think if I extend this one for another month?
TOO LATE, I JUST DID!

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2019, 05:43:24 PM »
TOO LATE, I JUST DID!

Yay, Bart!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »
TOO LATE, I JUST DID!

BIB (Bart is BEST)