Author Topic: Ellgab vs Bellgab  (Read 182524 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Ellgab vs Bellgab
« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2019, 04:40:08 PM »
That's some good research there, I have to say I find it a bit hard to believe MV is behind any this...

MW got tired of the forum and shut it down for several months.  With no notice, no apology.  Twice.  Most recently claiming he promises to keep it open for 10 years.

Who's to say this isn't a ploy to close it without taking blame?  Perhaps it's a happy coincidence for him - perhaps he didn't intentionally do it but is happy to take advantage of it and leave it like it like this.  Whether or not any of this is the case, it's the sort of speculation he should expect.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #571 on: March 11, 2019, 10:34:30 AM »
MW got tired of the forum and shut it down for several months.  With no notice, no apology.  Twice.  Most recently claiming he promises to keep it open for 10 years.

Promises aside, yes he apparently did, barring you buy Gravity's "rendition" intimation... ::)

Who's to say this isn't a ploy to close it without taking blame?  Perhaps it's a happy coincidence for him - perhaps he didn't intentionally do it but is happy to take advantage of it and leave it like it like this.  Whether or not any of this is the case, it's the sort of speculation he should expect.

It's also not unfounded speculation.

When he chose to re-enable the dick doctor you can observe that he invited the wolf into the pasture and then took offense when the guard dog did what comes naturally and went after him. As a result the forum lost its two greatest click-through generators and thereby resultant traffic.

Does anyone go there to read Brig's pallid attempts at Heather reanimation? Is her fixation on the homeless livestream guy in NYC compelling reading? Has Jackstar's "everything is a conspiracy" act worn a bit thin?

Does it seem a bit forced when Brig speaks for MV and says he believes the suicide note is real and wants this "James Cheney" character to join him on a Gabcast to examine as much?

It's all playing out as a lot more Eddie Lampert/Sears than it is a turnaround story is my observation. :o

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #572 on: March 11, 2019, 10:37:06 AM »
I'm also too lazy to whitelist bg or access it in a VM.   I have to imagine new posts over there have ground to a halt.

You are not wrong:

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #573 on: March 11, 2019, 10:43:51 AM »
You are not wrong:
Wow, from your screenshot of BG there were only 15 or so posts in the last 12 hours. Not good.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #574 on: March 11, 2019, 11:16:00 AM »
Wow, from your screenshot of BG there were only 15 or so posts in the last 12 hours. Not good.

Yes and in the morning there may only be 4 users!

It looks like a ghost forum over there. :-\

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #575 on: March 11, 2019, 12:03:42 PM »
Yes and in the morning there may only be 4 users!

It looks like a ghost forum over there. :-\
I really think that the best days of bellgab was in the past. After MV shut down his forum, he pretty much put the last nail into the coffin.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #576 on: March 11, 2019, 12:29:21 PM »
I really think that the best days of bellgab was in the past. After MV shut down his forum, he pretty much put the last nail into the coffin.
The thing is, it's still the only place I know of where you can go and read actual posts from Art Bell to his "fans"...and the interviews on the ufoship.com archives hold some amazing background to all the quitennings and other side shows over the years.

I hate to see that lost. :-\

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #577 on: March 11, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »
The thing is, it's still the only place I know of where you can go and read actual posts from Art Bell to his "fans"...and the interviews on the ufoship.com archives hold some amazing background to all the quitennings and other side shows over the years.

I hate to see that lost. :-\
Yes it was great to see and interact with Art on Bellgab. Also it was fun when both Art and George Noory were both on bellgab too. It was a fun ride back in the day.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #578 on: March 11, 2019, 12:44:32 PM »
Yes it was great to see and interact with Art on Bellgab. Also it was fun when both Art and George Noory were both on bellgab too. It was a fun ride back in the day.

I'm OK with MV moving on from it too, I mean he doesn't have to be archivist to Art forever, the man has his own life. I just wish he'd given a bit of a heads up first. Also that whole business of toying with what the website brought up now and again when it was 'down' signaled a lot more of "game on" than "I'm done with this"... ::)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #579 on: March 11, 2019, 02:56:42 PM »
I'm OK with MV moving on from it too, I mean he doesn't have to be archivist to Art forever, the man has his own life. I just wish he'd given a bit of a heads up first. Also that whole business of toying with what the website brought up now and again when it was 'down' signaled a lot more of "game on" than "I'm done with this"... ::)
It seems few people care about it anymore. MV should just bow out, close it down and move on. Sell the name for a few dollars and be done with it. Bart might even give him a Bart Coin for it :) Even ufoship has gone stale with nothing new since the beginning of November.

Alternately, he could change it into a read-only Art Bell archive with the Art Bell posts and Art Bell related interviews. Set it and forget it. Little maintenance needed.

disclosure

• KIDD
« Reply #580 on: March 11, 2019, 03:00:21 PM »
Whoever is still posting there needs a better firewall and antivirus if it is not alerting them.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #581 on: March 11, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »
Whoever is still posting there needs a better firewall and antivirus if it is not alerting them.
agree.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #582 on: March 11, 2019, 03:46:50 PM »

I still post over there.  I have top of the line, ESET NOD32 Antivirus software and if there was a problem, I would certainly be notified about it.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #583 on: March 11, 2019, 04:14:23 PM »
I still post over there.  I have top of the line, ESET NOD32 Antivirus software and if there was a problem, I would certainly be notified about it.

My shit blocks the site totally.   Guess I need to unlazy myself and see what's up.   

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #584 on: March 11, 2019, 04:21:20 PM »
It seems few people care about it anymore. MV should just bow out, close it down and move on. Sell the name for a few dollars and be done with it. Bart might even give him a Bart Coin for it :) Even ufoship has gone stale with nothing new since the beginning of November.

Alternately, he could change it into a read-only Art Bell archive with the Art Bell posts and Art Bell related interviews. Set it and forget it. Little maintenance needed.

It was a great forum full of great members when I posted there in the recent past. The owner valued free speech too, and that trait became an increasingly scarce commodity on the 'net. The present environment got too toxic, though, and I realized that things changed since the glory days that many of us enjoyed. Maybe MV could just use his board as a repository of fun posts from the good times.