Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274719 times)

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #525 on: April 09, 2019, 10:19:01 PM »
I think soon we will be able to go back over there... but please, just totally ignore him and don't reply to ANYTHING he posts! He will not like being invisible!

'Night all!
he is blocked ..i will behave

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #526 on: April 09, 2019, 10:23:37 PM »
he is blocked ..i will behave

Would you like to come to the front of the class and tell everyone how a blocked person managed to message you at 2am?

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #527 on: April 09, 2019, 11:44:00 PM »
I'M ALPHA AF

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #528 on: April 10, 2019, 04:59:53 AM »
Would you like to come to the front of the class and tell everyone how a blocked person managed to message you at 2am?

Can't recall the specifics, something was said about sending messages at all hours.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2019, 05:01:14 AM »
Wrong jacket selected, I'm cold. :-\

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #530 on: April 10, 2019, 05:20:14 AM »
Hi, @anniem, I'm just dipping in to this thread as I get caught up after a very busy and intense few days.  ;)

I was at first surprised at how you were posting towards him, but then really glad, and gave you +1's several times when I could. Good for you!

I really do wish that everyone would just totally ignore him as if he didn't exist and didn't post, he'd go away eventually for lack of attention. I know he won't do that, but secretly I wish Bart would just put him in the zoo permanently, the stink he leaves here with every post belongs there.

Oh well, whatever. I'm glad I've found you all here. +1

Glad to see you! Are things settling down for you? 
Posting in the other thread did let me see that mentioning a person who recently traveled seems to affect the person who is the main focus of that thread now. Overall, it wasn't fun, other people do not want the travel guy mentioned and doing those posts added to the hijack. So whatever, this is better.
I wouldn't go to Bellgab and tell them I don't like how they post there, I won't do that on the other thread. You are 100% correct, if not answered, ignored, he'd not be getting what he seeks. Here I really hope should anything change here that no one responds.

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #531 on: April 10, 2019, 05:20:58 AM »
He was blocked on here. :(

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #532 on: April 10, 2019, 05:21:46 AM »
Seriously? This has probably been answered, but it's reference to early records, made from wax discs by Edison. It means spinning the vinyl LP's, pre-CD's and pre-mp3's. Just in case it hasn't been answered.

I listened to Wolfman Jack too, once we could get his signal in NYC. +1

Yes, I had no idea they were wax before vinyl. What about summer before AC?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #533 on: April 10, 2019, 05:22:39 AM »

No matter, I say. How are you feeling?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #534 on: April 10, 2019, 05:24:06 AM »
I am not good at craps, either, but several times I have won nicely at the harness track or regular horse racing track. What's my formula? I bet on the horse who is wearing the silk colors that I like the best for that race, especially if it looks good on that color horse. If the silks don't to it, then I just bet on the horse I like looking at. Nothing whatsoever to do with knowing anything at all about the horses.  8)

Once at Saratoga in upstate NY a woman got reallly angry at me and started cursing at me because I had just won the trifecta (three races in a row), and then a win, place, and show combination on the next race. I don't remember how much I won, they were all $2 bets, but it was a lot for the day. She asked me what my formula was for picking the hourses. I told her the truth about picking the horses based on the colors of the silks or the look of the horses and she got really mad at me, accusing me of lying and being secretive about my methods. She got even madder when I laughed, because I was in fact telling the truth. Go figure!  ;)

Meadowlands?
Your method sounds like one I would find the best.  ;D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #535 on: April 10, 2019, 05:26:05 AM »
I think soon we will be able to go back over there... but please, just totally ignore him and don't reply to ANYTHING he posts! He will not like being invisible!

'Night all!

Agree fully.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #536 on: April 10, 2019, 05:28:43 AM »
Art Bell...wow. I discovered Art in 93 . I have so many wonderful memories. He was the friend who hung out in Splendora Texas and just made me happy.
I love this thread. Lets celebrate Art. I have so many friends on Ellgab . I have enjoyed hanging out with yall and I am hoping for many more yrs to come.
We all loved Art...Coast to Coast, Sirius, DMDN...We had a common friend. Someone who scared the bejesus out of us and made the night go faster. We found out the crazy ppl called in and were awesome comic relief.
God bless Art Bell. The Godfather of paranormal radio.

Heard a bit of him this weekend, that voice!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #537 on: April 10, 2019, 05:43:25 AM »
I am glad you are on the mend. Why did we stay over there? Maybe I am bored. I think this will be my new thread....:) Fish you are truly a peach of a lady!!! Hugs
@AngiefromNJ , greetings. Listening to Art Bell live was like being part of large group of people. In the dark of the night, Art Bell was a light left on for the lonely, the insomniacs and the curious. Who is Art Bell's legacy? I looked up the definition of legacy. The dictionary would define "legacy" as a gift or a bequest, that is handed down, endowed or conveyed from one person to another. Not one person stands out to me as his legacy.  :(

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #538 on: April 10, 2019, 05:57:40 AM »

Are you fibbing to Uncle Bart?
I am seeing a pattern here, Angie.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #539 on: April 10, 2019, 06:01:09 AM »
Decades ago the studios ran Hollywood, and they insisted their stars dress and act the part, at least in public.

Fast forward to now where if the football team owners want the players to show respect and not drive fans away, well, there must be something wrong with them (the owners)
@PB , I was employed by a large teaching university teaching hospital. While on the job, I formed friendships with many people with different beliefs and back grounds. I would often try to stay on the topic of food. The topic of food does not divide people. I do not stereotype people. However, I did see a pattern within the age groups. The role of religion is changing. So many people who are forty years old and younger view having a religious view as foolish. They are quick to point out that religion was the cause for the wars in our history.