Author Topic: The George Floyd Murder Trial  (Read 1634 times)

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
The George Floyd Murder Trial
« on: March 09, 2021, 08:08:13 AM »
Floyd was fucked up on drugs, foaming at the mouth and was resisting.  According to the lawyer for Chauvin, he was restraining Floyd using a prescribed method until an ambulance or a paddy wagon arrived.   

The trial of a former Minneapolis police officer, Derek Chauvin, who was charged in George Floyd’s death, is forging ahead with jury selection, even though a looming appellate ruling could halt the case and delay it for weeks or even months as the state tries to add a third-degree murder count.

Judge Peter Cahill said Monday that he intends to keep the trial on track until he’s told to stop.

“Unless the Court of Appeals tells me otherwise, we’re going to keep moving,” he said. Jury selection started Tuesday, a day later than scheduled.

Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter in Floyd’s death. The Court of Appeals last week ordered Cahill to consider reinstating a third-degree murder charge that he had dismissed. Legal experts say reinstating the charge would improve the odds of getting a conviction. Chauvin’s attorney, Eric Nelson, said Monday he would ask the state Supreme Court to review the issue.

Cahill also ruled that a firefighter who can be heard in the bystander video, urging the officers to check Floyd’s pulse, will be allowed to testify about what she saw, and whether she thought medical intervention was needed, but she will not be able to speculate that she could have saved Floyd if she had intervened. In addition, testimony about what training Chauvin received will be allowed.

https://apnews.com/article/police-trials-minneapolis-racial-injustice-death-of-george-floyd-11a74447df93a49e50357b395d290a8f

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: The George Floyd Murder Trial
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 08:19:50 AM »
The trial of a former Minneapolis police officer, Derek Chauvin, who was charged in George Floyd’s death, is forging ahead with jury selection, even though a looming appellate ruling could halt the case and delay it for weeks or even months as the state tries to add a third-degree murder count.

Judge Peter Cahill said Monday that he intends to keep the trial on track until he’s told to stop.

“Unless the Court of Appeals tells me otherwise, we’re going to keep moving,” he said. Jury selection started Tuesday, a day later than scheduled.

Chauvin is charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter in Floyd’s death. The Court of Appeals last week ordered Cahill to consider reinstating a third-degree murder charge that he had dismissed. Legal experts say reinstating the charge would improve the odds of getting a conviction. Chauvin’s attorney, Eric Nelson, said Monday he would ask the state Supreme Court to review the issue.

Cahill also ruled that a firefighter who can be heard in the bystander video, urging the officers to check Floyd’s pulse, will be allowed to testify about what she saw, and whether she thought medical intervention was needed, but she will not be able to speculate that she could have saved Floyd if she had intervened. In addition, testimony about what training Chauvin received will be allowed.

https://apnews.com/article/police-trials-minneapolis-racial-injustice-death-of-george-floyd-11a74447df93a49e50357b395d290a8f

I can't remember what I'd heard, thought overdose was part of all that.

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 09:07:07 AM »
One
I can't remember what I'd heard, thought overdose was part of all that.

OD X 2.  One qualified pathologist found that he had lethal levels of at least two illicit drugs in his blood stream.  Not the best day for him to have a run-in with the police.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 11:45:04 AM »
One
OD X 2.  One qualified pathologist found that he had lethal levels of at least two illicit drugs in his blood stream.  Not the best day for him to have a run-in with the police.
Is it murder if you kill someone who is going thru a fatal event?  Or a mercy killing?  Regardless of the answer, Chauvin acted in a way that was unprofessional and worthy of extreme sentencing.  The fucker is guilty fm what I see.  As a former LEO,  Chauvin is the kind of cop who fucks things up for the rest of us who took the oath.

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 01:38:51 PM »
Is it murder if you kill someone who is going thru a fatal event?  Or a mercy killing?  Regardless of the answer, Chauvin acted in a way that was unprofessional and worthy of extreme sentencing.  The fucker is guilty fm what I see.  As a former LEO,  Chauvin is the kind of cop who fucks things up for the rest of us who took the oath.

Agree.  Enough is enough.  Seems like there was a desire to punish involved in his prolonged restraint of Floyd by that means. The emotion is understandable but as you say professionals get paid to restrain their emotions in situations where civilians such as I  might not.  At the same time, this should be seen for the aberration that it certainly was and not be used to kindle rank partisan extremism for political gain which is exactly how it was used by the left.  Incitement to riot also is a crime.  Given the murder and mayhem that this exploitation of a bad situation resulted in, I don't know which is the worser of the two.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 05:46:55 PM »
...  Given the murder and mayhem that this exploitation of a bad situation resulted in, I don't know which is the worser of the two.

Given that Floyd was one person, and a useless deadbeat, all the murders, violence, looting, arson, political use of his death, defunding the police, further division of the country by race, the rise from the ashes of BLM, and twisting this into everyone else being a ''white supremacist'' is far worse.

To be honest, when people are out looking for trouble and find it, I'm not too worried about what happens to them.  All he had to do was cooperate with the police.  Everyone in that situation was an idiot.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 04:13:26 PM »
Should the City of Minneapolis come in with a $27 Million shortfall this year, I suspect that the Biden $1.9 Trillion Plan has money in there that will fix their shortfall. IOW, every taxpayer in America gets to pay Minneapolis's "bills."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-race-georgefloyd-lawsuit/george-floyds-family-receives-27-million-settlement-from-minneapolis-over-his-death-idUSKBN2B42GX

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 06:11:20 PM »
Agree.  Enough is enough.  Seems like there was a desire to punish involved in his prolonged restraint of Floyd by that means. The emotion is understandable but as you say professionals get paid to restrain their emotions in situations where civilians such as I  might not.  At the same time, this should be seen for the aberration that it certainly was and not be used to kindle rank partisan extremism for political gain which is exactly how it was used by the left.  Incitement to riot also is a crime.  Given the murder and mayhem that this exploitation of a bad situation resulted in, I don't know which is the worser of the two.

*sigh*  But the fucker must burn.  It's unfortunate the left will get so much traction over this.  Again, it's  shitheads like this that do the greatest harm to all that is right in the world.  Everywhere you go, there is the 10 percenter. 

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 04:37:26 PM »
The Trial is being broadcast in many ways, so it was easy to watch some of it today on over the air TV.

One witness that testified today was Christopher Belfrey. He had a voice that reminded me of Dave Chappelle's voice.

The Prosecution played a video Mr. Belfrey made from his car. They chose to mute what was said when the video was made.

But for the rest of the trial, the Prosecution was keen on asking every witness what they were thinking at the time the incident was unfolding. But it would seem that what someone said while they were recording, is a pretty good indicator of what they they were thinking at the time. Oh well.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 04:58:07 PM »
Scott Johnson is a noted Minneapolis lawyer who got press credentials for the trial.  He writes about each day at http://powerlineblog.com.

Interesting.
Merry Christmas

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 10:38:12 PM »
Scott Johnson is a noted Minneapolis lawyer who got press credentials for the trial.  He writes about each day at http://powerlineblog.com.

Interesting.

Thank You for that link!!

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 03:42:41 AM »
Officer Chauvin's knee is resting not on the front of George Floyd's neck, nor on the side of George Floyd's neck, but is resting gently on the back of George Floyd's neck.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 09:08:23 AM »

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 12:23:25 AM »
Defense set to take turn in former Officer's trial in Floyd death

https://apnews.com/article/police-trials-minneapolis-racial-injustice-death-of-george-floyd-14901d347ed2a6353e2c1db7bec1f9d8

Once the defense takes over, Chauvin attorney Eric Nelson is expected to have his own experts testify that it was Floyd’s drug use and bad heart, not Chauvin’s actions, that killed him.

The defense hasn’t said whether Chauvin will take the stand.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 06:31:42 PM »
MINNEAPOLIS VS. THE EVIDENCE

April 7, 2021 by Ann Coulter

https://anncoulter.com/2021/04/07/minneapolis-vs-the-evidencex/