Author Topic: The EllGab Garden  (Read 233895 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #390 on: August 05, 2019, 07:00:16 AM »
WHAT IS THIS? Hop plant with flowers blooming.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #391 on: August 06, 2019, 01:50:59 AM »
Great photo of those blue and white things. What do you call those things @Rikki Gins ?
I need to eat some hemp gummy bears as I listen to the Woodland Bop.

That was a passing cloud over my EllGab Garden West, @FISH.  The cloud at center towards the bottom kind of looks like an airplane, but it reminded me of Marc's song, especially the sun bird streaking across the sky, part.  So I put the two together.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2019, 08:14:20 PM »
I have this 81 year old neighbor who asks me year after year (8 years now) to watch over his house and water his garden corner when he heads back to Saskatchewan every summer for the annual family reunion. He has a cucumbers haven in the lil greenhouse.

He's gone for three weeks this time and I'm already worried about his carrot row 5 days in. I may be back with a picture to ask for help.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2019, 06:43:51 AM »
I have this 81 year old neighbor who asks me year after year (8 years now) to watch over his house and water his garden corner when he heads back to Saskatchewan every summer for the annual family reunion. He has a cucumbers haven in the lil greenhouse.

He's gone for three weeks this time and I'm already worried about his carrot row 5 days in. I may be back with a picture to ask for help.
@KSM
What about the carrots?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #394 on: August 10, 2019, 06:55:36 AM »
@GravitySucks intriguing photos from Thailand. I hope you are having a wonderful journey. One question. Where is a photo of a garden from the EAST of everything?

#ThailandGardens.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2019, 08:03:07 AM »
@GravitySucks intriguing photos from Thailand. I hope you are having a wonderful journey. One question. Where is a photo of a garden from the EAST of everything?

#ThailandGardens.

@FISH gotta wait until I get out of the city.
Are we having fun yet?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #396 on: August 10, 2019, 08:08:08 AM »
@FISH gotta wait until I get out of the city.
So sorry. I did not realize that you are in the city. OK, don't forget us here in the garden @GravitySucks .

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #397 on: August 10, 2019, 10:19:51 AM »
@KSM
What about the carrots?
@FISH They are wilting. We had some heavy, HEAVY rain a few days ago followed by a few days of scorching heat. I can't tell if it's too much water or not enough.. might have to post a picture. He can't come back to dead vegies on my watch! I'll be ruined, tarnished and shamed, only to be run out of the neighborhood like a common pygmy.

..yeah, I'll post a picture. You beautiful fuckers better help me ;)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #398 on: August 10, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »
@FISH They are wilting. We had some heavy, HEAVY rain a few days ago followed by a few days of scorching heat. I can't tell if it's too much water or not enough.. might have to post a picture. He can't come back to dead vegies on my watch! I'll be ruined, tarnished and shamed, only to be run out of the neighborhood like a common pygmy.

..yeah, I'll post a picture. You beautiful fuckers better help me ;)
@KSM
Carrots require about an inch of water per week to reach their full potential. ... Before watering carrots, dig down about 4 inches into the soil beside the plants. If the soil is moist, you're probably in good shape. If it's dry, it's time to water.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2019, 06:42:04 PM »
Aren't carrots an early root crop?  I thought that they were supposed to be planted in early spring and harvested in early summer. It sounds like your neighbor's carrots have grown past their prime, and they certainly will be by the time he gets back.  If he's a half decent gardener, he should understand why his carrots aren't looking so good.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2019, 07:37:32 PM »
Aren't carrots an early root crop?  I thought that they were supposed to be planted in early spring and harvested in early summer. It sounds like your neighbor's carrots have grown past their prime, and they certainly will be by the time he gets back.  If he's a half decent gardener, he should understand why his carrots aren't looking so good.

Carrot neglect is a serious offense in Canada. 
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #401 on: August 10, 2019, 09:43:42 PM »
Carrot neglect is a serious offense in Canada.
@GravitySucks How's the food over there, I've heard the rack of puppy dog is divine!

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #402 on: August 10, 2019, 09:49:15 PM »
@GravitySucks How's the food over there, I've heard the rack of puppy dog is divine!

Almost as good as yellow snow cones @KSM.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2019, 09:52:46 PM »
Almost as good as yellow snow cones @KSM.
My post was funny. I stand by it.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #404 on: August 11, 2019, 04:26:58 AM »
@FISH Here is a link to a wonderful garden I visited today.  During this trip I am trying to not be a slave to my phone or camera as I visit places. I snap a few to be able to jog my memory later but I will post a few as time and wifi signal permits as I travel around. This link has some fairly recent pictures that shows how large this garden is.

https://livelifelah.com/2019/06/26/nong-nooch-tropical-gardens-pattaya-thailand/
Are we having fun yet?