Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 581159 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2018, 12:06:20 AM »
^^;;;;; Okay, I openly admit, I'm reading this on my tablet across the casual restaurant table from my husband who's playing his portable game.
For us, going out is more of a chance to just escape the solitary walls of our apartment. We can be among people with limited interaction so no fears of language or guest etiquette mistakes.
Just to note, it's greatly different when we're out with other people.

I knew it! Someone out there would be posting on Ellgab and reading about e-etiquette while ignoring a real human. Little did I know it would be my Favorite Cat.  Thank you, Spookcat. You gave me a good chuckle on this one 😸
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Zenman

• KDWN
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2018, 12:31:09 AM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2018, 12:45:52 AM »
I knew it! Someone out there would be posting on Ellgab and reading about e-etiquette while ignoring a real human. Little did I know it would be my Favorite Cat.  Thank you, Spookcat. You gave me a good chuckle on this one 😸

Now, I don't ignore him...most of the time. ;) Usually we actually end up kind of using the things on our devises as more conversation starters. "Oh I saw this today." "Oh I read about such-and-such". Sometimes we'll both find something interesting and just exchange tablets then talk about it. I'll especially do that with family stuff because I'm the one with social media. "Oh your aunt wanted you to see this" sort of stuff.
Usually he has no interest in gab-related things, except I haven't been able to resist showing him a bunch of things that make me laugh, especially Bluejays creations. :)
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2018, 01:02:07 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Hey Zen! Great to see you! Speaking of OCD, I have a friend who has to straighten out Every. Single. Fringe. on his persian carpet. I'm sure my own housekeeping skills must make him a little (more) nuts

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2018, 01:04:53 AM »
Now, I don't ignore him...most of the time. ;) Usually we actually end up kind of using the things on our devises as more conversation starters. "Oh I saw this today." "Oh I read about such-and-such". Sometimes we'll both find something interesting and just exchange tablets then talk about it. I'll especially do that with family stuff because I'm the one with social media. "Oh your aunt wanted you to see this" sort of stuff.
Usually he has no interest in gab-related things, except I haven't been able to resist showing him a bunch of things that make me laugh, especially Bluejays creations. :)

We all do it to a certain extent. Just tweaking your whiskers  ;)

Zenman

• KDWN
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 02:23:28 AM »
Hey Zen! Great to see you! Speaking of OCD, I have a friend who has to straighten out Every. Single. Fringe. on his persian carpet. I'm sure my own housekeeping skills must make him a little (more) nuts

Hi, TL. I'm like you--I like the lived-in look.

OCD must really be a pain, especially in this disordered existence. Not as bad as fear of clowns or palindromes tho, I imagine.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2018, 08:59:41 AM »

I was able ere I saw Elba      My favorite. Take that aibohphobics!

Speaking of phobias, I'm a little afraid of my new tablet. It comes up with the weirdest recommendations for its predictive text. It's a Fire and I don't dare turn on Alexa. I'm afraid she will take over my soul

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 09:23:10 AM »
Oh oh. While doing my daily #Clickacy, the first ad that came up was ...

Product Details
ZEEQ SMART PILLOW IS SMART HOME READY
With 8 built-in speakers, lofty removable memory foam fill, BLE connectivity, this internet-of-things connected smart pillow is the Swiss Army Knife of the bedroom. Integrated tracking provides sleep and tracking data to the connected app, or Amazon's Alexa, while features like the snore alarm and silent wake-up help increase the partner-friendliness of... [more]

Now she's attempting to invade my dreams  :-\

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 09:45:12 AM »
Great idea for a thread!

I didn't know that servers pooled tips. Is that normal? Wow. Sort of a bummer when you get really great service and want to say thank you with a larger tip. :-\

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 09:46:19 AM »
Oh oh. While doing my daily #Clickacy, the first ad that came up was ...

Product Details
ZEEQ SMART PILLOW IS SMART HOME READY
With 8 built-in speakers, lofty removable memory foam fill, BLE connectivity, this internet-of-things connected smart pillow is the Swiss Army Knife of the bedroom. Integrated tracking provides sleep and tracking data to the connected app, or Amazon's Alexa, while features like the snore alarm and silent wake-up help increase the partner-friendliness of... [more]

Now she's attempting to invade my dreams  :-\

I clicked on some LocknLube thing (FOR THE ANIMALS!!!), and now I see it everywhere. I want to go back to the HelloFresh and pretty shoes that I was getting before. #FancyLadyProblems

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2018, 09:47:05 AM »
I bought the new Eric Clapton Christmas album and downloaded it from iTunes. I think I like it. Different.
Are we having fun yet?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2018, 10:00:32 AM »
At first I read that as the Eric Cartman Christmas album.
Merry Christmas

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »
At first I read that as the Eric Cartman Christmas album.

I am probably the only person that had to google that.
Are we having fun yet?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2018, 10:09:28 AM »
I'm hoping this thread develops into sort of a wine bar, coffeehouse, discussion site. A place with no agenda. We can hangout and discuss and meander anywhere we want.  All topics covered in any other thread or totally new thoughts and ideas. Like friends who run into each other and just catch up on anything and everything. Gossip, questions, experiences. Art, Science, the Paranormal, the Normal. Your day. Deep philosophy to giggling at the absurd. And being absurd ourselves. Grab your favorite beverage. Settle into a comfy chair and chat. About whatever

Any thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea? Stupid idea? Waddaya guys think? I'll check back later to see if there is any interest
GREAT Idea! I was starting to feel like Brig over in that old drama country.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »
I clicked on some LocknLube thing (FOR THE ANIMALS!!!), and now I see it everywhere. I want to go back to the HelloFresh and pretty shoes that I was getting before. #FancyLadyProblems

I hear you're a bit of an animal, yourself