Author Topic: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!  (Read 135866 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!
« Reply #585 on: July 09, 2021, 09:21:59 AM »
So you might want to think about a different place for the bird feeder thus ensuring that you will will not run the risk of further injury? OR rearrange the entire patio.

I once had a friend who seriously injured his penis because his bird feeder was empty and they, the birds, attacked him where it hurts! He drove a truck up the hill to the country doctor however the doctor was a bird lover and proceeded to chop my friend into little bits with a sharp thing.  I don't know why you people do not plan things out correctly.  I am a Libra - we know the flow and we place and space things perfectly until things feel right and all paths are clear.

:)

Libra

:)

We're not in Christmastown anymore, Dorothy

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #586 on: July 14, 2021, 11:29:16 AM »
@ShayP

Any update on the flooring situation?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #587 on: July 14, 2021, 12:23:54 PM »
@ShayP

Any update on the flooring situation?

Well, @KSM as you know I started to remove the carpet and said fuck it.  I'm not doing that shit on my only day off. 

It appears that the padding was partially glued to the floor with a substance that resembles tar.  Under that there are square vinyl tiles showing through.  There is also a segment where there is a double layer of carpet.  I don't understand why one would lay carpet on top of carpet. 

I'm not sure what the previous owners were thinking.  Spilling the paint was actually a blessing because this carpet sucks and I want to have some laminate flooring installed.  However that will have to wait until the Fall due to financial restraints.

What complicates matters is when I rip all this up, I have to load it and take it to the dump; or pay for hauling.  Garbage men won't take it.  The room isn't small either.

The more I discover about this property the more I'm convinced the previous owners were crazy.  I've come across a lot of very odd things.  They were the sole owners since 1965 when the house was built until we moved in last year. 

Regarding my 'crazy' comment.  There were lightbulbs glued in fixtures.  YES! Glued in, and nearly every room has Scotch Tape everywhere.  I have no idea why.  It's like the tape was used as a decoration.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #588 on: July 14, 2021, 01:34:15 PM »

What complicates matters is when I rip all this up, I have to load it and take it to the dump; or pay for hauling.  Garbage men won't take it.  The room isn't small either.

@ShayP
Cut it up in hunks, throw it in the back yard and each week put a couple of smallish hunks in the bottom of your rubbish bag. The rubbish men *will* take it then.
I got rid of a bunch of sod that way.  The dirty birds said they wouldn't take sod [they'll take asbestos infested debris if you double bag it but not sod].  Took a little
time but they took it all.

Or perhaps you can use the same solution that we once used when faced with the disposal of a life sized, very much used, sex doll.  I'm sure you have heard
that tale and know how that was handled.  It would work for you as well - you just might have to drive to Detroit.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #589 on: July 14, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »

...The more I discover about this property the more I'm convinced the previous owners were crazy.  I've come across a lot of very odd things.  They were the sole owners since 1965 when the house was built until we moved in last year. 

Regarding my 'crazy' comment.  There were lightbulbs glued in fixtures.  YES! Glued in, and nearly every room has Scotch Tape everywhere.  I have no idea why.  It's like the tape was used as a decoration.
Aren’t you in the Pittsburgh area, Shay?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

;) ;) ;)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #590 on: July 14, 2021, 01:41:23 PM »
@ShayP
Cut it up in hunks, throw it in the back yard and each week put a couple of hunks in the bottom of your rubbish bag. The rubbish men *will* take it then.
Or perhaps you can use the same solution that we once used when faced with the disposal of a life sized, very much used, sex doll.  I'm sure you have heard
that tale and know how that was handled.  It would work for you as well.

I think I put the sex doll thing out of my mind.  @Walks_At_Night   LOL!  I could use your method but it would take weeks to dispose of it all after it's bagged up.  I may just do that however.  Thank you.  It's just weird because they are particular about trash collection.  A lot has changed since I first moved a way.  Before then you could put anything in any amount out to the curb and they'd take it.  Not anymore. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #591 on: July 14, 2021, 01:49:08 PM »
Aren’t you in the Pittsburgh area, Shay?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

;) ;) ;)

Oh jeez.  Not Senda.  "The guy from Pittsburgh."  ::)   Yeah, I'm just north of the city proper.  Around 8 miles or so.  Maybe Senda was related to the people that lived here before.  ;D  ;)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #592 on: July 14, 2021, 02:17:10 PM »
I think I put the sex doll thing out of my mind.  @Walks_At_Night   LOL!  I could use your method but it would take weeks to dispose of it all after it's bagged up.  I may just do that however.  Thank you.  It's just weird because they are particular about trash collection.  A lot has changed since I first moved a way.  Before then you could put anything in any amount out to the curb and they'd take it.  Not anymore.

Weeks fly-by baby. She'll be gone before you know it. I'm glad the sex doll thing is out of your mind - wish it was out of mine!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #593 on: July 14, 2021, 03:12:51 PM »
Well, @KSM as you know I started to remove the carpet and said fuck it.  I'm not doing that shit on my only day off. 

It appears that the padding was partially glued to the floor with a substance that resembles tar.  Under that there are square vinyl tiles showing through.  There is also a segment where there is a double layer of carpet.  I don't understand why one would lay carpet on top of carpet. 

I'm not sure what the previous owners were thinking.  Spilling the paint was actually a blessing because this carpet sucks and I want to have some laminate flooring installed.  However that will have to wait until the Fall due to financial restraints.

The more I discover about this property the more I'm convinced the previous owners were crazy.  I've come across a lot of very odd things.  They were the sole owners since 1965 when the house was built until we moved in last year. 

The actual fuck! ???   I don't know what to say. A house, of layers, of weirdness.

Do what WAN said about cutting the carpet into small pieces and get rid of it that way. When I first started out I had a little Ford Ranger so I got pretty crafty with hauling old ripped out flooring from customers houses.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #594 on: July 14, 2021, 03:43:18 PM »
Oh jeez.  Not Senda.  "The guy from Pittsburgh."  ::)   Yeah, I'm just north of the city proper.  Around 8 miles or so.  Maybe Senda was related to the people that lived here before.  ;D  ;)
Let’s hope Senda’s relatives didn’t leave any ghosts behind. ;) :)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #595 on: July 14, 2021, 07:34:23 PM »
@TigerLily  you've had the same AV for some time now.. gettin' a little old, a little plaaaayed by now. Sheeesh!

Switch it up, toots. Or I'll switch it for you.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #596 on: July 15, 2021, 10:14:24 PM »
@TigerLily  you've had the same AV for some time now.. gettin' a little old, a little plaaaayed by now. Sheeesh!

Switch it up, toots. Or I'll switch it for you.

Ok @KSM  How about this for something different? I think we all know who the Angel is. Y'all will have to figure out who the Demon is
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #597 on: July 16, 2021, 06:02:30 AM »
Ok @KSM  How about this for something different? I think we all know who the Angel is. Y'all will have to figure out who the Demon is

Demon or horny devil?
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #598 on: July 16, 2021, 09:34:11 AM »
Demon or horny devil?
I suspect she's both.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #599 on: July 16, 2021, 11:48:39 AM »

Wait until you find out about the twelve layers of shingles on the roof.