Author Topic: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!  (Read 137402 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!
« Reply #570 on: June 01, 2021, 07:52:39 PM »
Speaking of X-Files. I used to have a crush on Skinner.
And Scully.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #571 on: July 06, 2021, 06:29:42 PM »
@ShayP  So you dropped a full gallon of paint on your carpet??!!?? Accident of course but why was the can open? why were you walking with paint? What were the plans here?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #572 on: July 06, 2021, 07:01:27 PM »
@ShayP  So you dropped a full gallon of paint on your carpet??!!?? Accident of course but why was the can open? why were you walking with paint? What were the plans here?

@KSM Yes I did. Well, the can wasn't open at first.  I was shaking it instead of stirring.  Just holding the can sideways shaking away.  I could've stirred it but...I don't know.  Somehow a seam in the lid wasn't tight and paint started splashing out, so I panicked. and in trying to hold the lid and rectify that situation I fumbled it and it went topside down and there was no choice.  Nothing I could do but watch it spread all over.

I blame my clumsiness first and foremost.  However, I hate these plastic lids.  I want the metal ones that would stay on and were a bitch to open.

Anyway, the plan was to walk from my utility room where the paint was stored, through the area where I ruined the carpet, and then into the hallway to paint.  Had I not shaken the can, I'd be fine.  I'm a dumbass.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #573 on: July 06, 2021, 07:34:59 PM »
@KSM Yes I did. Well, the can wasn't open at first.  I was shaking it instead of stirring.  Just holding the can sideways shaking away.  I could've stirred it but...I don't know.  Somehow a seam in the lid wasn't tight and paint started splashing out, so I panicked. and in trying to hold the lid and rectify that situation I fumbled it and it went topside down and there was no choice.  Nothing I could do but watch it spread all over.

I blame my clumsiness first and foremost.  However, I hate these plastic lids.  I want the metal ones that would stay on and were a bitch to open.

Anyway, the plan was to walk from my utility room where the paint was stored, through the area where I ruined the carpet, and then into the hallway to paint.  Had I not shaken the can, I'd be fine.  I'm a dumbass.

Sometimes smart people knock over near full cans of paint. Yup. We called a carpet cleaning company. Stanley Steamer got it all out.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #574 on: July 06, 2021, 09:53:58 PM »

Don't beat yourself up too bad, we've all had those moments. I say moments because the disaster happens in a random moment but the spillover from that moment.. well you know.

A few years ago I had a customer who was painting her kitchen right after I had left from installing a new floor. When I returned the next day to work on another section of the house she told me that she spilled the gallon of paint all over the new floor :o  What she did was wait until the paint completely dried and then peeled it up like lifting a plastic-like blanket. Behr paint goes on like a rubber coating that can just peel off some surfaces like a smooth wood floor.  Lucky her    Now if she had a carpeted floor.. well you know.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #575 on: July 07, 2021, 06:46:49 PM »
@anniem You just posted "many times gravity is our enemy"  I happen to be getting to it first because there does not exist a  TELL KSM thread.

Anyways I am curious. Did you have a fall?  Perhaps you slipped on Shays paint drenched carpet?

WHAT UP!?
..or, down..

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #576 on: July 07, 2021, 06:57:19 PM »
@anniem You just posted "many times gravity is our enemy"  I happen to be getting to it first because there does not exist a  TELL KSM thread.

Anyways I am curious. Did you have a fall?  Perhaps you slipped on Shays paint drenched carpet?

WHAT UP!?
..or, down..

I drop many things. The gravity yanks things out of my hands! And I did fall in November. I went on the deck in slippers on frost and decided I should move a heavy chair. The chair did not move, and my feet did not remain solidly under me.

And also this afternoon one of the fire helicopters was pulled from the sky, emergency landed then sank into the lake. The pilot is ok.
DAMN THE GRAVITY!!!

(edit first report was of a "crash" but I revised it to what I just now read)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #577 on: July 07, 2021, 08:05:25 PM »
I drop many things. The gravity yanks things out of my hands! And I did fall in November. I went on the deck in slippers on frost and decided I should move a heavy chair. The chair did not move, and my feet did not remain solidly under me.

And also this afternoon one of the fire helicopters was pulled from the sky, emergency landed then sank into the lake. The pilot is ok.
DAMN THE GRAVITY!!!

Gravity sucks
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #578 on: July 07, 2021, 08:16:48 PM »
Gravity sucks

See! That's what I'm talking about. No, that's what I'm typing about. Oh, wait, that's what you are typing about. RIGHT!

@GravitySucks

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #579 on: July 07, 2021, 08:23:43 PM »
Gravity sucks
Diggin' real deep there.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #580 on: July 07, 2021, 09:03:12 PM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #581 on: July 08, 2021, 07:26:31 PM »

DAMN THE GRAVITY!!!

Why did you want to move the chair?
A few things come to mind here.

1. you wanted to sit in the chair but needed it placed where the sun was shining
2. you were rearranging patio furniture
3. the chair is old and you were going to throw it over the patio to take to the dump
4. you were playing some kind of poltergeist prank on Mr. M
5. you think you're as strong as me

@anniem

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #582 on: July 08, 2021, 08:05:30 PM »
Why did you want to move the chair?
A few things come to mind here.

1. you wanted to sit in the chair but needed it placed where the sun was shining
2. you were rearranging patio furniture
3. the chair is old and you were going to throw it over the patio to take to the dump
4. you were playing some kind of poltergeist prank on Mr. M
5. you think you're as strong as me
@anniem

All excellent guesses.
The furniture was in the way of me reaching the hook for the hummingbird feeder which I had just filled and wanted to hang.  I didn't want to lean way over the furniture and fall down. Instead I chose to push on the furniture, which refused to move and you know the rest.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #583 on: July 08, 2021, 08:57:58 PM »
All excellent guesses.
The furniture was in the way of me reaching the hook for the hummingbird feeder which I had just filled and wanted to hang.  I didn't want to lean way over the furniture and fall down. Instead I chose to push on the furniture, which refused to move and you know the rest.
So you might want to think about a different place for the bird feeder thus ensuring that you will will not run the risk of further injury? OR rearrange the entire patio.

I once had a friend who seriously injured his penis because his bird feeder was empty and they, the birds, attacked him where it hurts! He drove a truck up the hill to the country doctor however the doctor was a bird lover and proceeded to chop my friend into little bits with a sharp thing.  I don't know why you people do not plan things out correctly.  I am a Libra - we know the flow and we place and space things perfectly until things feel right and all paths are clear.

:)

Libra

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #584 on: July 09, 2021, 09:05:21 AM »
So you might want to think about a different place for the bird feeder thus ensuring that you will will not run the risk of further injury? OR rearrange the entire patio.

I once had a friend who seriously injured his penis because his bird feeder was empty and they, the birds, attacked him where it hurts! He drove a truck up the hill to the country doctor however the doctor was a bird lover and proceeded to chop my friend into little bits with a sharp thing.  I don't know why you people do not plan things out correctly.  I am a Libra - we know the flow and we place and space things perfectly until things feel right and all paths are clear.

Libra

It was just poor planning. Nothing is in the way of that feeder now. And the frost melted away!!  :D
Your friend! Such terrible luck. I was not attacked after I fell. Just unhappy at the situation which was my own doing.

At the time the furniture should be moved and I should be able to do it when I wanted to which was right then.

Leo