Author Topic: The EllGab Garden  (Read 93852 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Nick Mendoza
Re: The EllGab Garden
« Reply #1935 on: September 21, 2021, 03:55:36 PM »
Mums from a Jersey farm. No more fresh corn or tomatoes. Now, they are selling fall flowers.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Colorful!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Nick Mendoza
« Reply #1936 on: September 21, 2021, 04:31:44 PM »
I'd say it was one of these rascals. @Uncle Duke to confirm?
https://www.americanspecialops.com/usaf-special-operations/aircraft/boeing-c-32b/

@Walks_At_Night  I wasn't able to identify the thing as it circled around, but when it left, I was able to track it all the way to Ault Field on the Whidbey Island Naval Base in Washington State.  Then I went and searched for the type of aircraft being utilized there and saw that it was a P-8A Poseidon.  Not sure what it was doing in my neck of the woods, touch and go landings at the local airport, or perhaps I was under surveillance.  (If so, all they got was me way down there taking pictures of them as they flew by overhead.)  I'm sure that @Uncle Duke would have ID'd the thing.  Perhaps he would know what the two objects are in back of the aircraft?  They almost look like something that was let out the back, like radar instruments perhaps?

https://www.military.com/equipment/p-8a-poseidon

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1937 on: September 21, 2021, 05:07:29 PM »
@Walks_At_Night  I wasn't able to identify the thing as it circled around, but when it left, I was able to track it all the way to Ault Field on the Whidbey Island Naval Base in Washington State.  Then I went and searched for the type of aircraft being utilized there and saw that it was a P-8A Poseidon.  Not sure what it was doing in my neck of the woods, touch and go landings at the local airport, or perhaps I was under surveillance.  (If so, all they got was me way down there taking pictures of them as they flew by overhead.)  I'm sure that @Uncle Duke would have ID'd the thing.  Perhaps he would know what the two objects are in back of the aircraft?  They almost look like something that was let out the back, like radar instruments perhaps?

https://www.military.com/equipment/p-8a-poseidon

The flared wingtips got me! I am sure now that you are correct and that it is a P8.  Navy plane used in an anti-submarine role and packed with all kinds of gear for that purpose. If I remember correctly, there was some consternation that they did not have magnetic anomaly detectors which is a way other than sound to track submarines.