Author Topic: Random pictures of my great work. You're welcome.  (Read 41175 times)

Richard Groyper

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellightened
  • Liquid Richard
Re: Random pictures of my great work. You're welcome.
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 08:20:21 PM »
thank you Richard and Mr. 21!

@tootsie_wootsy  I feel like we're making progress. Almost like we're ready for that first kiss :-* Before you know it I'll be crawling out yer window at three in the AM ;)

you're welcome buddy.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 09:00:52 PM »
Apparently I was abusing alcohol last night. Good God, Man! Tell ya' what, I had fun doin g this ;D ;D ;D

Ahh, what the hey.. $18. and a wet ham sandwich says this nice hallway picture comes out sideways and I owe you a chiropractic crunch.  Hallways require a lot of fine cuts and preparation. Sometimes colorful language can be heard :-X

editing to say that it didn't come out sideways :)
Looks good. You ever use that porcelain tile that is made to "look" like wood? I didn't like but a buddy put in at river cabin because worry if it floods a bit and wear and tear when he BNBs it and folks are wet, boots, etc. It ended up looking better than I thought and from pics looks like wood but more durable porcelain.  Not sure what the $ difference was.

WOTR

• Drone Pilot
  • Run Airyn... Run and don't look back...
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 09:19:52 PM »
What is the best product for your $?  unfinished hardwood, solid hardwood, engineered flooring?  I'm going to assume laminate and the new vinyl don't make the cut...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 09:37:05 PM »
@WOTR  Some of todays laminates are really, really good and it's very hard to scratch it up so with a little maintenance it stays pristine.  As for hardwood products I go with a high quality engineered. Still pricey but less than the alternatives. One thing to keep in mind is that hardwood costs at least double what a good laminate costs. Oh, hardwood costs waaay more to have installed than laminate.  I'm not pushing laminate but rather giving you something to consider.  Shop around and remember, Home Depot never delivers on time and their installers are usually no better than the average guy advertising his services on Kijiji for fuck sakes.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 09:42:22 PM »
Looks good. You ever use that porcelain tile that is made to "look" like wood?
@albrecht  No experience with anything other than hardwoods and laminate flooring. I'm like KFC, I stick to what I know best.  That said, I won't work with mechanically deboned chicken, lamb, beef and or mutton flooring either because that would be wrong of me.  I must draw a line somewhere, dammit!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 11:35:30 PM »
If he says that he's jewish, will you move him to your great accomplishments thread?  That looks like divine carpentry work to me, so he must be jewish.
@GrumpyOldMan hehehehe cracked me way up. The only thing Jewish about me is the cut of my penis. alas..

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2018, 03:44:18 AM »
That was an engineered half inch hardwood from 2015. Beautiful stuff but I think it's discontinued. Unfortunately flooring manufacturers discontinue lines all the time without notice but if you shop around you'll always find beautiful stuff.

Is that walnut? Yeah I’ve found that it’s always good to have a surplus of extra boxes when having floors done for those oops moments.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

XArea51

• Elluminati
  • The truth is out there. NOT!
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 04:01:42 AM »
@GrumpyOldMan hehehehe cracked me way up. The only thing Jewish about me is the cut of my penis. alas..

TMI, but thanks for sharing! Nice woodwork though. 😉 😁
♦♦👽♦♦

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2018, 11:09:36 AM »

@tootsie_wootsy  I feel like we're making progress. Almost like we're ready for that first kiss :-* Before you know it I'll be crawling out yer window at three in the AM ;)

so you only get the urge to be mean to me when you're drunk?  what brings that on?  no kisses likely for you .. :) ::)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2018, 06:52:02 PM »
so you only get the urge to be mean to me when you're drunk?  what brings that on?  no kisses likely for you .. :) ::)
??? No "urge" to be mean at all. I admittingly started the thread all sauced up, I have no idea how anything could have been taken as "mean" floors are friendly, you're being supported by one now.

(cough) and I can get kisses :-* even from you ;)

Now let's please stay on topic.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 06:59:48 PM »
Nice work ksm. 8)  Would you like to come to Virginia and take my money?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 09:37:34 PM »
Nice work ksm. 8)  Would you like to come to Virginia and take my money?
You're on! And  I'll bring a motherload of great craft beer ;D ;D   @ShayP Why have I been under the impression that you live in Pittsburgh? Not in a falkie way, I just thought you lived there

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 09:40:54 PM »
Two hour bedroom makeover. Get your floors done, people!!!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2018, 06:02:43 AM »
You're on! And  I'll bring a motherload of great craft beer ;D ;D   @ShayP Why have I been under the impression that you live in Pittsburgh? Not in a falkie way, I just thought you lived there

Ha!  Yeah, I'll throw down some "great" craft beers.  At least I'll try.  :P  ;D  Anyway, I was born and raised in the 'Burgh.  Moved to Virginia years ago.  I'll always be a Yinzer.   I will return to the Motherland in due time.  :)

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2018, 09:35:44 AM »
??? No "urge" to be mean at all. I admittingly started the thread all sauced up, I have no idea how anything could have been taken as "mean" floors are friendly, you're being supported by one now.

(cough) and I can get kisses :-* even from you ;)

Now let's please stay on topi

not on this thread.. you go to my threads to insult me and be mean to me for no reason..perhaps you are drunk idk... hope you continue your nice work and cut out trying to upset me.. thank you  :)