Poll

Is It Better To Add Junk Food To The Waistline, or to Waste It By Discarding It?

Only if you are overweight.
0 (0%)
Never waste junk food.
1 (16.7%)
It's okay to destroy addictive temptations.
5 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 07, 2019, 04:38:01 PM

Author Topic: Health Choices Victories!!!  (Read 10460 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Health Choices Victories!!!
« on: December 07, 2018, 04:35:06 PM »
7oz hot fudge.  Down the drain.  I said, "If you eat this, it will be the last time from this jar".  And it was.  Yay!!!! 

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: Health Choices Victories!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 05:48:35 PM »
7oz hot fudge.  Down the drain.  I said, "If you eat this, it will be the last time from this jar".  And it was.  Yay!!!!
You broke a jar?

Mazel tov?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »
You broke a jar?

Mazel tov?
Robert!  Long time, no see!

The jar is intact but the contents were melted, diluted, and sent down the kitchen drain.  I had to google Mazel tov, but yes, thank you.  If I had not gotten rid of it, I'm not sure when I would have stopped eating it.  It was household contraband.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 07:24:03 AM »
Can anybody else make sense of this thread?  I think we're writing past each other.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 12:27:24 AM »
Can anybody else make sense of this thread?  I think we're writing past each other.
It's straight forward.  I had hot fudge in the fridge.  I wanted some.  I knew it was not good for me.  I told myself I should discard it.  But I didn't have the will power.  So I bargained with myself, saying that I could have some, but must discard whatever was leftover.  So I had some.  It was wonderful.  The remainder, I ruined by diluting with water and then sending down the sink.

I would have liked to have kept the jar, but the lid was misplaced, so the jar also was discarded.

Today was easier.  There is no addictive food in the house.  The only simple carbs I had were homemade mashed potatoes.  The remainder were sent to a friend recovering from surgery.  So currently I don't have any food temptations.  And I am hungry, a good thing.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 02:25:26 AM »
It's straight forward.  I had hot fudge in the fridge.  I wanted some.  I knew it was not good for me.  I told myself I should discard it.  But I didn't have the will power.  So I bargained with myself, saying that I could have some, but must discard whatever was leftover.  So I had some.  It was wonderful.  The remainder, I ruined by diluting with water and then sending down the sink.

I would have liked to have kept the jar, but the lid was misplaced, so the jar also was discarded.

Today was easier.  There is no addictive food in the house.  The only simple carbs I had were homemade mashed potatoes.  The remainder were sent to a friend recovering from surgery.  So currently I don't have any food temptations.  And I am hungry, a good thing.
If you have physical  hunger, then you need to eat something to keep your metabolism going.  Ask yourself if your hunger is physical or if it is in your head.  Head hunger is a phenomenon that exists for a myriad of reasons.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 07:45:21 AM »
I had hot fudge in the fridge.
How is that even possible?  Was it "hot" in the sense of spicy, like jalapeno fudge?  Was it formerly hot before you refrigerated it?
I wanted some.  I knew it was not good for me.  I told myself I should discard it.  But I didn't have the will power.  So I bargained with myself, saying that I could have some, but must discard whatever was leftover.  So I had some.  It was wonderful.  The remainder, I ruined by diluting with water and then sending down the sink.
So if you had any, that was to be the last time you'd consume any of the then-present contents of that jar.  I'd thought it was something about the jar itself.
I'd written "Mazel tov?" wondering whether it was like the ceremonial breaking of a glass or plate at a wedding.  So I guess it just accidentally broke on hitting the garbage can.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 01:31:20 AM »
How is that even possible?  Was it "hot" in the sense of spicy, like jalapeno fudge?  Was it formerly hot before you refrigerated it?So if you had any, that was to be the last time you'd consume any of the then-present contents of that jar.  I'd thought it was something about the jar itself.I'd written "Mazel tov?" wondering whether it was like the ceremonial breaking of a glass or plate at a wedding.  So I guess it just accidentally broke on hitting the garbage can.
The "then-present-contents" of the jar were microwaved in the jar.  It was a glorious hot mess, if you can stand my directness.  The glass jar was recycled, and remaining hot fudge was destroyed.  If my metabolism fines me and I have to go to food addiction court, I will need an attorney.  Maybe you could represent me.  You certainly have your details in order.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 01:32:00 AM »
Very small meals today.  Yet no hypoglycemia symptoms!  Yay!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 09:17:10 PM »
It's Christmas. I have no intentions on depriving myself of all the sweets, meats, carbs, calories and savory booze I can git me mitts on. I make it work for me by turning it all into lean body mass throughout January and February. If you're made of muscle your burning most of it before Scott falls down the stairs anyway.

..Scott's a drunk twat who falls alot and I'll have him over for the Christmas party.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2018, 01:04:38 AM »
It's Christmas. I have no intentions on depriving myself of all the sweets, meats, carbs, calories and savory booze I can git me mitts on. I make it work for me by turning it all into lean body mass throughout January and February. If you're made of muscle your burning most of it before Scott falls down the stairs anyway.

..Scott's a drunk twat who falls alot and I'll have him over for the Christmas party.
I am not made of muscle.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2018, 01:10:38 AM »
The last few days I have noticed when I'm full and so I say to myself, "What would happen if I stopped when I am full?"  It is a good mantra, because it creates wonder and possibility.  The strategy has worked many times over several days, so I'm happy about that.  Sometimes when I stop at full, there can be a little waste.  I don't like that, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

Nevermind that the real answer is "eat soon", lol.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 07:46:27 PM »
I am not made of muscle.
well..... play yer cards right.. ;)

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »

Glad to see you've resurrected this thread. I managed to keep myself to only one piece of superb pecan pie G made just for little me! She knows just how to make it so that the crust is just the right amount of brown on the edge, and more importantly, NOT TOO SWEET. The rest is in the freezer until later...how much later remains to be seen

#anticipation

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2018, 05:54:06 PM »
Glad to see you've resurrected this thread. I managed to keep myself to only one piece of superb pecan pie G made just for little me! She knows just how to make it so that the crust is just the right amount of brown on the edge, and more importantly, NOT TOO SWEET. The rest is in the freezer until later...how much later remains to be seen

#anticipation
Take back the bit about unemployable.  Do you just eat moms pie or do you shed in a room.